Don Felipe plantation in ocala, fl

Flipperfla

Dec 2, 2018
Fl.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try researching the area with topos from the website Historic Aerials.com. I have found that if you go thru every year the topos change considerably. Some even have the original deed boundaries. Florida is loaded with history especially around Ocala, Silver Springs, Oklawaha River Steamboat ports. D612015A-377D-46BC-864D-11CB1BDB3426.jpeg 60616403-5961-4003-8719-4F850596806A.jpeg Silver Springs

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am trying to locate the old don Felipe plantation that is suppose to be 2 miles nw of ocala, Florida. Can someone point me in the right direction. I have looked and looked
Thank you

Hello Dan

I suggest a deeper look into the history of Seminole wars might help?

Kanacki

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The only mention I have ever seen of this treasure story is the same two sentence paragraph on various sites.
Checking Spanish land grants in Ocala/Marion county area and there were several, there is no mention of Don Felipe.
Has the ring of the typical treasure tale of hiding his wealth before being killed, BUT- who survived to tell the story of his burying that cache?

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only mention I have ever seen of this treasure story is the same two sentence paragraph on various sites.
Checking Spanish land grants in Ocala/Marion county area and there were several, there is no mention of Don Felipe.
Has the ring of the typical treasure tale of hiding his wealth before being killed, BUT- who survived to tell the story of his burying that cache?

Most likely just a story....I looked through Florida Memory state library of Florida. Nothing in regards to that name.

Kanacki

gmoney64

Jul 1, 2012
belleview fla
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am trying to locate the old don Felipe plantation that is suppose to be 2 miles nw of ocala, Florida. Can someone point me in the right direction. I have looked and looked
Thank you
around golf course to about 1 mile to the west have an idea but large area to cover

Flipperfla

Dec 2, 2018
Fl.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you
Could the name possibly been DeCarlo, I might have something if it was. Location NW of Ocala, so location is correct. Possible homestead on Oklawaha River. Back then the larger plantations were turpentine or lumber and the lumber went by RR or water to the RR. Any thoughts?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread