The lost treasure of King Joba/Burrows cave

K

Kentucky Kache

Wow! What a story. That gives us something to think about for awhile.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
I believe in the revisionist approach to Pre-Columbian US history, but Burrows Cave is a scam, riddled with a rogue's gallery of suspicious actors. The Mormons are big supporters of Burrows Cave - they use it to help support their religion. Don't give them any money for the artifacts - they're recently made.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
I hate to be a wet blanket on pre-Columbian contact between the Old world and the New (in fact I am firmly convinced it took place on a limited scale and have been working on a book on this subject) unfortunately the Burrows Cave 'artifacts' can be traced to a late 19th century religious cult, not across the ocean to ancient visitors. The leap to include the lost treasure of King Juba is quite a leap in my opinion, however the possibility of the African king's treasury having been shipped away to the Americas does remain - it is a fact that the Romans never did locate it despite having sent troops chasing it across the Sahara. The treasury probably included several thousand talents of silver and possibly over a thousand talents of gold - quite a fortune by today's standards.

For those interested in finds of ancient Old World origins discovered in America, here is one site with a few items:

http://www.econ.ohio-state.edu/jhm/arch/outliers.html

Note that the so-called Bar Kochba ancient Hebrew coins found in Kentucky were discovered to be modern fakes, however this is not the case with the Roman, Punic, Greek and Numidian coins.

Oroblanco

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions