Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tons of WW2 Nazi treasures yet to be found.Someday,someone,WILL find it :occasion14:

WG2020

Oct 9, 2018
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kanacki,

You would think after 55+ years he would have found the treasure by now particularly since his contact had the original documents and a specific area map of the treasure. Good luck with your hunts. Walt

OP
OP
KANACKI

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello WG2020

Good point.

But we have to consider other factors that have interrupted his quest. Firstly Helmut Gaensel could not search until after the collapse of Communist backed government in the early 1990's. Then there was time wasted in negotiating in purchasing the land where he suspected was the location of the alleged treasure. He had time wasted negotiating a deal with post Communist government. Then from year 2000 he had a revolving door of backers with no understanding the complexities of making a deal with such governments. Funding such treasure hunting projects can be very fickle. He had to contend with other interested parties starting their own recovery operation. So my friend 55 years of opportunity is not quite true.

However it is also fair to say Helmut Gaensel efforts have been rather piecemeal and take in consideration of his advancing age. Although I have not personally visited his operation so I cannot make an accurate assessment of the effectiveness of his methods of his excavation.

Kanacki

Last edited:

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I had come across a theory that some of this loot and treasure like the amber room may have been smuggled on board of the MV Wilhelm Gustloff. Which is off limits to salvage and exploration as its a war grave site. Only speculation from sources however.
Marticus

OP
OP
KANACKI

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had come across a theory that some of this loot and treasure like the amber room may have been smuggled on board of the MV Wilhelm Gustloff. Which is off limits to salvage and exploration as its a war grave site. Only speculation from sources however.
Marticus

Hello marticus

Interesting Hypothesis but there is many theories on the fate of the Amberoom. I have no idea where it is or even if it is still intact and not dispersed.

Kanacki

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello deducer

Its my pleasure in sharing with people these stories who are passionate about searching for the truth of such treasure legends.

Kanacki

Kanacki, a thousand thanks for the comprehensive posting! Very interesting.

chub

OP
OP
KANACKI

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kanacki, a thousand thanks for the comprehensive posting! Very interesting.

chub

Hello Chub Its my pleasure sharing the Passion for such stories.

Kanacki

grantler

Jan 11, 2004
near munich
Detector(s) used
Goldpic,XP ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you read the „“Puschkin File““ some 12 000 pages of results from the “Stasi“ (East German Secret Service ), you find that they had 120 locacions to search in there last 40 years in there existent for the Amber Room but nada, nothing !
Lack of money and lack of the proper tools was there most difficulty !
grantler

OP
OP
KANACKI

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you read the „“Puschkin File““ some 12 000 pages of results from the “Stasi“ (East German Secret Service ), you find that they had 120 locacions to search in there last 40 years in there existent for the Amber Room but nada, nothing !
Lack of money and lack of the proper tools was there most difficulty !
grantler

Hello Grantler I have never seen Puschkin File. So I cannot comment about that. One thing its does point out during the cold war the east Germans must of believed in the possibility that the Amber room was some where in East Germany?

Kanacki

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread