Aztec gold

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice gold bar.

Apparently even gold bullion can be claimed as national patrimony.

Kanacki

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
Kanacki

come on, might makes right
and there really is a legit story, albeit tragic

and imagine what might have been found in a controlled excavation

I do not believe that melting the indigenous artifacts transferred title to the Spanish,
they had to get the gold at least into the ocean so they could claim it 500 years later.

another account http://www.thehistoryblog.com/archives/57561

Last edited:
OP
OP
sdcfia

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice gold bar.

Apparently even gold bullion can be claimed as national patrimony.

Kanacki

Yes, governments around the world are calling their "securely stored" bullion back home, much of it presumably from Fort Knox. As the world's fiat currencies approach zero value, I guess folks are gathering tangible assets. Questions persist about how much gold is actually stored in at Fort Knox, since there hasn't been an audit in 34 years. https://moderntimesinvestors.com/economics/central-banks-gold-reserves/

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Bill

The trouble with governments and treasure they go through Daffy duck syndrome.:laughing7:

Kanacki

Last edited:

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
note the last paragraphs, is possession now a crime ?
Spain was the initiator - why does that not surprise me ?

Well Spain might have valid argument if it admitted to its own liabilities.

For example 400 years of occupation of exploitation of the new world or recent history that tends to be ignored the fact the Spain provided materials to Nazi Germany to manufacture weapons and ammunition that prolonged WW2 in Europe for 2 years all the while accepting looted gold from the Nazis. Resulted in millions of deaths of civilians and Allied troops. Not once an admission of guilt or financial restitution for the cultural theft and destruction they wrought through out their history in which they chose to ignore. Yet have the Gaul to scream cultural patrimony when it suits them. Especially if plunder is involved.

Kanacki

Last edited:

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Spain might have valid argument if it admitted to its own liabilities.

For example 400 years of occupation of exploitation of the new world or recent history that tends to be ignored the fact the Spain provided materials to Nazi German to manufacture weapons and ammunition that prolonged WW2 in Europe for 2 years all the while accepting looted gold from the Nazis. Resulted in millions of deaths of civilians and Allied troops. Not once an admission of guilt or financial restitution for the cultural theft and destruction they wrought through out their history in which they chose to ignore. Yet have the Gaul to scream cultural patrimony when it suits them. Especially if plunder is involved.

Kanacki
Love it! You, my friend, have a way with words that I can only admire!

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004
Cool story but their break down of the Night of Tears leaves a lot to be desired. History is easy enough to report on if you've committed to not just making it up as you go.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread