Nibelungen Treasure Part One and Two

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gidday TT

Old Crow is just roosting at present killing at little time. Until things pick up we have a few projects on the back burner. I lost with some projects and investments and gained on others. In all marginally in front. So I cannot complain.

Trick is to diverse your investments and projects. Never rely on one sole income source.

How are you? How is your part of the world going?

Crow

that is wise Crow,,,diversification is key in the present world...all the best with your new ventures...

p.s.I am fine praise God. Thanks..

TT

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you still researching for missing artworks? Big money in finding Provence these days. And hunting down stolen artworks. There is a 10 million dollar reward to retrieve some paintings on offer?

Crow

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you still researching for missing artworks? Big money in finding Provence these days. And hunting down stolen artworks. There is a 10 million dollar reward to retrieve some paintings on offer?

Crow

thanks Crow...my treasure hunt interests have also been in those lines..but alas nothing materialized except being an interesting hobby lol
by the way you can look into diversifying into a bit of art as an investment ,,contemporary art might be a bit of risky,,but some art from the modern era maybe a good niche as prices are always soaring every year..

TT

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sadly Old crow beach bum of a deadbeat pirate is a real estate banking and commodities man by heart. It hard to change a raggedy old bird with half his feathers missing.....:laughing7:

Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Grantler once again thanks for the story.

If you ever manage to narrow down a location to search? Perhaps a ground penetrating radar will help locate voids or tunnels.

Crow

OP
OP
grantler

grantler

Jan 11, 2004
near munich
Detector(s) used
Goldpic,XP ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Crow ,
We don`t think it is the right cave , I did try to post the Google Earth lokation 50`35 " 44" N and 6`53" 24 " E without success :-(
Can you tell the location of your source or where this cave is locatet ?
grantler

Thanks once again for the posts. I gather this is the cave below that is suspected connected to the story?

View attachment 1841489

View attachment 1841490

If my memory serves me correct? The sealed off section had human remains in the floor of the cave?. If old Crows bird brain is correct was the human remains dated to 5th century?

Crow[/QUOTE]

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Crow ,
We don`t think it is the right cave , I did try to post the Google Earth lokation 50`35 " 44" N and 6`53" 24 " E without success :-(
Can you tell the location of your source or where this cave is locatet ?
grantler

Thanks once again for the posts. I gather this is the cave below that is suspected connected to the story?

View attachment 1841489

View attachment 1841490

If my memory serves me correct? The sealed off section had human remains in the floor of the cave?. If old Crows bird brain is correct was the human remains dated to 5th century?

Crow
[/QUOTE]

Gidday Grantler

The source of above information was through Rolf Badenhausen who tells of the claims by H. Ritter ('Ritter-Schaumburg') Ritter regards the source of the Old Swedish manuscripts principally 'guiding' Þiðreks saga, and he considers these texts of such recognizable literary style and selectivity which subsequently may allow efforts to estimate them as historiographical sources.

The Regenstein, was the area suggested by Ritter? Seven miles to the southeast from Minsleben, the Regenstein rises up as a small woodland mountain with steeply ascending rocks. Heinz Ritter-Schaumburg wrote on July 7, 1987, this supplement related to the dating of the bronze finger ring found at the skeleton of the dead man in the tunnel of the Hohler Stein:

The remarkable contributions by Heinz Ritter have been calling for reliability and, in particular, reviewing the doctrinal foundation of Germanistic scholarship which, however, has not been ready to receive him for some obvious consequences for its own research.

It may seem noteworthy that an institute of Siegen University, Germany, put a sharp defamatory flyer in circulation to bawl out Ritter’s analysis of Þiðreks saga that certainly seems 'poisonous to Germanistic research'. The authors of this leaflet were not only students. Nevertheless, Heinz Ritter’s bibliographical work instigated many German reactions published by private researchers.

One of the most interesting contributions, apart from some attempt to emendate him for some more or less controversial attitude, was written by Rudolf Patzwaldt. He also provides a captivating intertextual analysis of some geographical items related to the Nibelungenlied and Þiðreks saga.

You can read the following ....much better than I can tell.

https://www.badenhausen.net/harz/svava/svava_en.htm

Although I am much feeling my way with the story. I do not know enough to be an authority on the topic. But indeed very interesting. Thanks once again

Grantler for the very interesting thread.

Crow

masterTHief

Jul 17, 2009
Hallo Crow, grantler & all
None of the sources for the Nibelung's downfall say that on the way to Soest to Krimhild and Attala, they took the treasure with them and hid it nearby.
Mind you in enemy land.
This fact is not mentioned - neither in the Nibelungenlied, nor in the Edda or in the Thiderek saga.
This is where Heinz Ritter-Schaumburg's imagination runs wild.
However, Heinz-Ritter did an excellent job analyzing the various writings of the Thidreks saga - the chronicle in which the Nibelungen and their downfall in Soest are only a partial episode.
Greatings masterTHief

P.S.
Heinz Ritter considers the hoard to be located in a cave in Westphalia (in the „Hohler Stein“ near Kallenhardt in the Sauerland area), and he does so on the basis of the so-called story of Aldrian's revenge, that is appended to all the Thidrekssaga manuscripts. But we must note that the story only commences once the men from Soest have claimed to tell a true story. It can therefore be counted as somewhat dubious. In addition to that, none of the other sources state that the treasure had been carried on the way to Kriemhild, but certainly that would have been noted. It is highly unlikely that one would have retrieved the treasure from its hiding-place, just to play it into Kriemhilds's hands! It seems that Ritter should have taken a more critical look at his sources, or else should have taken other sources into consideration, too.

Last edited:

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday MasterTHeif

Or should I say Mr Arsène Lupin.:icon_scratch:

Thank you for the interesting post. I am learning more on this interesting topic by Grantler. I cannot say I have heard much of the story before. But it is very intriguing. Interesting too is learning the dispersal patterns of various Huns, Saxons Franks etc...over the region and the long history with even longer history being found in caves of the region.

Please do continue...

Crow

OP
OP
grantler

grantler

Jan 11, 2004
near munich
Detector(s) used
Goldpic,XP ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
# 27
Hi Crow ,
Thank´s a lot for your interesting input :-))
I sure will have a look into the book you mentioned in your post !
I think from now on my friend masterTHief will take over here because he can explain more in detail about "his" research about the Nibelung Treasure .
grantler
It is nice to be here and find someone who is also interestet in one of Germany´s big treasure :hello:(besides of all the WW2 treasures over here )

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday Grantler

Ya can say I am just a hopeless case. I have an interest in treasure legends from all over the world. Each have their own unique stories to tell. Some will turn out to be nothing but a legend others will have more truth to them.

All regardless have a lesson in understanding how such stories evolve.

I hope masterthief continue to enlighten us?

Cheers Crow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions