About the Author: Henry J Walker / Jesse James "The Outlaw"

DGSAZ

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up a very nice copy of this book. It was a signed, 1st Edition.

As I was leafing through I found a loose sheet that was not attached to the binding but slipped into the center of the book.

I took a picture, hope it is legible. I don't think the author is around anymore to make the $5000 pay off.........

But he was pretty sure of himself in 1961 when this book was published.

dgsaz

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_7de.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_7de.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 85

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well,that,s certainly interesting,a mystery for sure and certain.A surprise for you too I imagine.

OP
OP
D

DGSAZ

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well,that,s certainly interesting,a mystery for sure and certain.A surprise for you too I imagine.

I was surprised it was still in the book. It has a stamp from a previous owner LL Shire of South Bend, Indiana. It had been long on the shelf as the spine printing was bleached white.

dgsaz

Dirt1955

Mar 10, 2015
Orange County, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was surprised it was still in the book. It has a stamp from a previous owner LL Shire of South Bend, Indiana. It had been long on the shelf as the spine printing was bleached white.

dgsaz

t would be interesting to know if he slipped the loose sheet into every copy of the book that was published. If so, there are certainly some Jesse James experts that have more to add to the story. Also, you might want to try and contact his family members or publisher for more information.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread