" Lost german miners mine?"found and lost again

palmercanyonsavant

May 5, 2005
claremont So. call area
Detector(s) used
Garretts AT_PRO ,
" Lost german miners mine?"found and lost again

Years ago I had been hiking into the san gabriel mountain range with a late start in the day I found myself still hiking at 2 am in the mornining ,really tired I decided to go over the ridge and take a short cut back towards Mt. baldy . When I got to the ledge in the shadows I thought I saw a bear standing tall so to startle him away from my area I threw a rock "PATINGGGG" something rang out I went closer only to find a double wood burning stove with enamle dishes and saucer and cup stiil
on top I quickly grabbed the cup and saucer threw it in my backpack found a mine next to that area left to never find it again. :(

I am looking for the story that ran in a treasure magazine abot the old prospector that came into town 2 times a years on one trip he came down the mountain and his mule died buryied his ore and came to town to get another mule but it started to rain when he returned his gold and dead mule got washed away leaving only the cross on the stone that marked the area . the mark is still there. All my research data and history of my area burned along with my house in the grand prix/wildfires in padua hills . any info would be apreciated thanks ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions