i think i might have solved 2 in one

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
HOLA mi amigo Pegleglooker!

Pegleglooker wrote:
That's all cooooollll, but where's Atlantis

That is a question folks have been asking since 350 BC! The easy answer is to look where Plato said it was, "opposite" the Pillars of Herakles (Straits of Gibraltar) and in the Atlantic, below the sea. Most of the people searching for Atlantis are looking onland and in some very far-distant places or in the Mediterranean and Aegean sea islands where several late Bronze Age civilizations existed and fell. The final verdict is not in as to the true location, but since Schliemann found Troy by following the text of the ancient Greek poet Homer, Helike by the words of Pausanias, I believe that Atlantis will only be found by following the text of Plato.

It is not inconceivable that Atlantis might turn out to be the lost city of Death Valley, but I hope we will see enough evidence to prove it to the skeptics before we start celebrating.
Oroblanco

K

Kentucky Kache

I agree with Oro. Here is the most probable spot, as described by Plato.
The Azores are said to be the tips of the Atlantis mountains.

Attachments

• scan.jpg
    scan.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 1,548
  • scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 1,551
K

Kentucky Kache

From the above link:
"Furthermore, an ancient manuscript (translated) has been located. Parts of the content describes a voyage made thousands of years ago by a group from Asia traveling to a city located at a place they called "The Canyon of Light". Their journey made with the intention of visiting a holy man, or a shrine. Incredibly, the location and descriptions given seem to point towards the area we are currently exploring at the Grand Canyon!"

That sounds like the story of Gilgamesh when he went looking for Ut-napishtim (Noah).

"He is Gilgamesh, perfect in splendor,
who opened up passes in the mountains,
who could dig pits even in the mountainside,
who crossed the ocean, the broad seas, as far as the sunrise.
Who inspected the edges of the world, kept searching for eternal
life, who reached Ut-napishtim the far distant, by force."

K

Kentucky Kache

BTW, Gilgamesh lived around the time of the tower of Babel when languages were confused. It was from there that people were dispersed to ALL parts of the earth.

Noah was still alive at the time if the tower of Babel and it's very possible that he made it to America. Is this where Gilgamesh found him? Who can say for sure, but I think you have to admit, the stories sound remarkably similar.

If you think I'm crazy, read the entire story of the epic of Gilgamesh.

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NAHHHHH..... I think it's in New Jersey... but it's now inhabited by lets say " different people ". Intelligent ???? You be the judge :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat:

PLL

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Eyes, ears and common sense
Quote Researcher: "well the only thing about it being a contienet is that if they sank the earthes crust would have to swallowed itself whitch has never hapened in history that we kno of"

The "hot spot" which the hawiian Islands were formed above does not move, however the plate they sit on does. As new sea floor is formed the plate moves outward. thus you get a chain of Islands, at the other end of that plate it disapears under its neigbour. Is this not the earths crust swallowing itself?

Have to confess I am not a geological expert but thats how I understood it to be.

Gary

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Gary you are right on target as usual, geologists call the areas where the crust is being swallowed "subduction zones". A buddy of mine has a theory that is the best way to dispose of nuclear waste, by depositing it where it would be sent into the molten core by the sinking plate.

I have read that interesting old article about purportedly "Egyptian" artifacts etc being found in caves in the Grand Canyon, and have wished that I could go and check it out. I rather suspect it to be another ancient culture and not Egyptian specifically, only because I have seen people refer to some ancient artifacts quite incorrectly - calling a Punic coin a "Roman" or a Korean relic is "Chinese" etc and in part this is due to simple un-familiarity.

The particular area in the Grand Canyon where these caves are supposed to be has a number of quite 'Egyptian' sounding place-names, which I take as a hint of several possibilities, but the most interesting tidbit is that the exact spot where the caves are, are forbidden to enter - not just for visitors but including the PARK RANGERS as well! The reason given for excluding access to this place is "dangerous caves"! Really gets the curiosity peaked for me. However in a way it could be the same as the 'Area 51 syndrome' in that since no one can go in and prove/disprove any idea, about any kind of idea can be said to be there with no chance it can be proven or disproven. :'(
Oroblanco

treasure_girl3

Feb 9, 2008
Cache Crazy,

In your second picture in a previous post. Shouldn't divers be able to find Atlantis? ???OR at least submarines? ??? I agree Atlantis is underwater in the Atlantic but... Also some of you were talking about myths, in my opinion a myth is just a twisted version of the truth so any myth, might not be a myth. BTW about the Egyptians in the U.S.A. There were. Cptbild in one of his posts said he heard of someone finding an Egyptian artifact. (It was identified as Ancient Egyptian.)

~Treasure Girl

(P.S) if i offended any one I apologize. No offense was intended. So Sorry. :-X

K

Kentucky Kache

treasure_girl3 said:
Cache Crazy,

In your second picture in a previous post. Shouldn't divers be able to find Atlantis? ???OR at least submarines? ??? I agree Atlantis is underwater in the Atlantic but... Also some of you were talking about myths, in my opinion a myth is just a twisted version of the truth so any myth, might not be a myth. BTW about the Egyptians in the U.S.A. There were. Cptbild in one of his posts said he heard of someone finding an Egyptian artifact. (It was identified as Ancient Egyptian.)

~Treasure Girl

(P.S) if i offended any one I apologize. No offense was intended. So Sorry. :-X

There may not be much left to find. We're talking more than 4,000 years ago. We're also talking about an area which is very deep, and I'm not sure divers have gone down that far. Maybe someone can comment on that. I did hear something about a Russian expedition that went down in that area (probably in a sub), and found what looked like a pyramid. I don't know if the story is true, so I can't call it proof.

The Azores are only one underwater mountain range (Islands) in the area. There's also the Canaries. and maybe others. I would be looking in that general area.

Notice the peaks of the Azores. Could this be the Pillars of Heracles?

Mythology definitely has a basis in truth. Heinrick Schliemann was just another crackpot, looking for a mythical city. Imagine how he must have looked to the establishment. Imagine the things they must have said about him. HE FOUND TROY! And the bumblebee can't fly.

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
(just putting this out here)

about 10 years ago while watching PBS science news.they mentioned archaeologists found an ancient seaport
in the nevada desert.they showed a 5-10 second clip of about 20 people digging away at the base of long
flat topped mesa (I think that's what they are called).my jaw dropped but never heard of anything since then,I
wish the vcr was recording. >:( stuff like this always disappear to keep people comfy and up to status quo.

I personally believe that the 3 main pyramids of giza and the Spinx are not Egyptian,they tried to imitate them though.

in the north east there are balanced stones and what are called glacier erratics but they seem more placed
than randomly placed big boulders on peaks of hills.

(just putting it out here)

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Real de Tayopa said:
It is after this that Djui, Oro, & I will be doing our patriotic duty by trying to reestablish the human race. Anyone here is cordially invited to partake of this necessary work.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Oh yes we will :icon_sunny: :icon_king:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
solx nyx wrote:
stuff like this always disappear to keep people comfy and up to status quo.

Well we can't have the Isolation Theory proven wrong to the general public! ::) I would appreciate if you would keep me posted on anything else you find on this amigo.
your friend,
Roy ~ Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Thank you Solx Nys - those are 'right up my alley' :thumbsup: and I do check them regularly. I haven't been able to find Coast to Coast for the last three years, used to listen to it every week. Your mention of the archaeological dig in Nevada caught my eye because I have been working on a book project for some years now on ancient explorers coming to America. A short version I wrote up is in the bookstores now, an anthology of alternative history titled 'Underground' and edited by Preston Peet, with contributions from Graham Hancock, von Daniken, Andrew Collins, Robert Shoch and several others - some of the theories presented are pretty 'far out' in my opinion but it is a fascinating read. I think you would enjoy it.

Nevada has turned up some very interesting artifacts including some of the oldest mummies ever found in America - check out the mummies found at Spirit Lake - they were found to have woven fabrics, at a time when people were supposed to be still in animal skins!

Good luck and good hunting amigo, I hope that you find the treasures that you seek.
your friend,
Roy A. Decker ~ Oroblanco

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
It is a PROVEN FACT! , beyond any dispute that: :icon_study:
There were Celtic Expediations & "they" were here some 2500 years ago !
ANY " Doubting Thomas's " ? ::)

May 14, 2008
i doubt this helps at all, but i have read some interesting things found that possibly regard atlantis. i believe one of them was called dan brown's crystal. does anyone know anything of this?

treasure_girl3

Feb 9, 2008
I thought someone already found Atlantis under a rocky island out in the sea? I just heard that i have no idea if its true. (doubt it is though)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread