Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Nov 2006
    5 times

Re: the everything site ...?

2 million ,, i got one for caveing ...lol
    " have i lost my way ? or am i just a being of lost ways ? "

" a wiseman once told me a wiseman that thinks he knows everything has already failed  because he thinks "

the blindbowman ,2007

Kentucky Kache

I think quartz has to be compressed and decompressed to release it's electrical charge, but I could be wrong. Of course, things could be moving just enough, who knows.

Nov 2006
    5 times

shape of the object vs frictional force

" a wiseman once told me a wiseman that thinks he knows everything has already failed  because he thinks "

the blindbowman ,2007

Nov 2006
    5 times

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Crazy
    I think quartz has to be compressed and decompressed to release it's electrical charge, but I could be wrong. Of course, things could be moving just enough, who knows.
    you may be on to something with that idea . the crystall in that vein face each other and were grown touching each other or growing towards each other the force of the crystalls pressing togather maybe have some effect that dose not normally take place as it dose here at this site ...

the blindbowman ,2007

um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
    1894 times

Cache Crazy wrote:
    I think quartz has to be compressed and decompressed to release it's electrical charge
    You are correct, this must happen for the electrical charge to be RELEASED, but for the effect on a human to be sensed, the charge need not be released, it can be simply stored - like a battery or capacitor. Then again, it is possible that with the changes of weight in the overlying rock (overburden) due to rains soaking into the ground or drying up, OR due to tectonic upheavals etc the charge could be released. Some have theorized that this is where the so-called "Earth Lights" originate, like for example the Lubbock Lights in Texas.

Blindbowman you are a Spelunker? You never mentioned this before; if you are 'into' exploring caverns, our Black Hills have some huge ones that have never been fully explored or mapped. Just a side note.
    Oroblanco
    SUPPORT THE BEEF INDUSTRY - EAT BEEF
    "We must find a way, or we will make one."--Hannibal Barca

Nov 2006
    5 times

dose this vein have bigger crystalls down deeper . could this be where the crystal skulls came from ...? look at how the crystal reacts to the camera flash ...the same way they said the crystal skulls do ..? i found crystals the size of my fist in the vein and one crystal bigger then a humans head in one of the caves ...

the blindbowman ,2007

Nov 2006
    5 times

i could work the vein by hand and harvest these crystalls but look at what they are ...will they ever be more beautful then they are free looking up at me ...they look like goose eggs made of ice

the blindbowman ,2007

um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    1894 times

HOLA amigos,
    Blindbowman are you saying that there are quartz crystals the size of your fist and larger? The only reason I ask is that (generally) the size of the crystals is often directly related to the depth at which they were formed. Tiny crystals near the surface, huge crystals at great depth; not a RULE of course but another "clue".
    Oroblanco

us
    May 2007
    Western Colorado
    45 times

Blindbowman wrote...
    is it the black spots or is it the ball feild it self ....think about what i am saying .. if this was the oldest ball court it may have been Aztec and the game could have changed when the mayan played the game at their own sites .. suporting the fact the chicomoztoc is where the game begain and with a whole diffrent set of rules ...maybe the 3 day runs by the AZtec player was training for the game...if i was right the ball court would be coverd with these tocsin ....unlike some tocsin these would take thousands of year to vade away ...

and most likely those players had built up a amuity we just dont have ....this may not be the only answer but its a good logical place to start ...

i well add at this point , that one of te black colorerd people in the seven caves codex is holding a golden bell ...if this is were the black powder came from maybe this is why those bells were coverd in black .. maybe the black on the bells was this type of pioson to protect them from others takeing them .. how far could they get when handleing a piosonous bell ...lol it makes sence ... good logic ,,,..............

BB

Did you smell a vegetable like smell when this affected you?
    Did you loose weight when you returned home?

There is reason for my asking and it is arsenic related.

An old horse trader's trick (as well Oro Knows) is to dose a horse with a small amount of arsenic and then trade the animal as it looks in perfect health,
    Come back a week later and offer to buy it back, as it now looks in very poor condition.

What I am saying is that there is a distinct set of symptoms related to arsenic poisoning.
    one easily recognised is the smell an arsenic pocket gives off. An unmistakable one.
    This smell will be evident to others on the breath of the poisoned person.
    Or in the air of the poisoned area.
    and the other is the affect of the poison on the body if ingested or absorbed in the skin.
    distinct dramatic weight loss and weakness.

Something to consider.

Thom

"Everybody dies"
    "But not everybody lives."

us
    May 2007
    Western Colorado
    45 times

BB
    Arsenic smells like Garlic.
    Cyanide smells like almonds
    "Everybody dies"
    "But not everybody lives."

Charter Member

Dec 2005
    Arizona
    1048 times

Thom,

"Arsenic smells like Garlic.
    Cyanide smells like almonds"

Details......details.

Take care,

Joe

us
    Feb 2006
    New Hampshire - USA
    Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
    481 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dog
    BB
    This has nothing to do with the discussion at hand, but I've tried smelling them both in one of the labs I worked in. It was probably dumb, but since we worked with them, the lab manager wanted everyone to be familiar with the odors in case of an incident. Between constant allergy issues and the years I worked around organic solvents I was never able to smell either one. I will say that I could "taste" them though - I know it sounds weird, but after smelling them, if I smacked my lips I could "taste" the odor so at least I had an idea of when to run if something happened.

Incidentally, that same lab manager was an old guy from New Jersey who used to work for a small company that did gold plating out of cyanide baths. He swore that he and the other old guys with years of experience running the baths could tell if the bath was the right concentration of cyanide by dipping the tip of their finger in the bath and tasting it. Not as accurate as chemical analysis, but quicker and close enough.

It's no wonder that some of those old timer chemists died well before their time. Kinda like my old organic professor who used to just pull a beaker off the shelf and make his coffee in it over a bunson burner during lab classes.
    "There is no getting away from a treasure that once fastens upon your mind" - Joseph Conrad (Nostromo)

Mar 2004
    New Mexico
    7 times

Quote Originally Posted by Cubfan64
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Dog
    BB
    This has nothing to do with the discussion at hand, but I've tried smelling them both in one of the labs I worked in. It was probably dumb, but since we worked with them, the lab manager wanted everyone to be familiar with the odors in case of an incident. Between constant allergy issues and the years I worked around organic solvents I was never able to smell either one. I will say that I could "taste" them though - I know it sounds weird, but after smelling them, if I smacked my lips I could "taste" the odor so at least I had an idea of when to run if something happened.

Incidentally, that same lab manager was an old guy from New Jersey who used to work for a small company that did gold plating out of cyanide baths. He swore that he and the other old guys with years of experience running the baths could tell if the bath was the right concentration of cyanide by dipping the tip of their finger in the bath and tasting it. Not as accurate as chemical analysis, but quicker and close enough.

It's no wonder that some of those old timer chemists died well before their time. Kinda like my old organic professor who used to just pull a beaker off the shelf and make his coffee in it over a bunson burner during lab classes.
    Interesting info Cubfan. After I read BBs description I was asking myself how a person who has a poorly functioning sense of smell would ever discover something of that nature until it was too late.

Jack

Nov 2006
    5 times

Quote Originally Posted by cactusjumper
    Thom,

"Arsenic smells like Garlic.
    Cyanide smells like almonds"

Details......details.

Take care,

know i was asking you CJ if you wanted to smell almonds ,,,,lol

and yes i did smell someting at site 4 that smells like almonds , maybe a fig tree
    Joe

the blindbowman ,2007

um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    1894 times

Blindbowman wrote:
    i have found as many as a dozen destoryed buildings at the site
    This detail might be something you could find on aerial photographs, ruins of old buildings are often easier to pick out from the air than from the ground; especially after a very long time. In fact talking about a dozen buildings, something of this size might even show on detailed topographic maps. USGS topos are great and detailed (even though they are now secretly erasing numerous back country springs and trails) but can show something quite wrong - I know of two instances where the maps showed "caves" and they were not caves but man-made tunnels - mines. So it is possible they might show on the map, and be un-recognized as what they are.

I don't have any conclusions about the poison hypothesis, however that is absolutely correct about the horse-trading trick. Arsenic is one of the few elements that can occur in nature as a pure element, and also in association with other metals in particular lead and silver. The Arabia district in Nevada is a good example of this type of mineral association. I would hesitate to identify the perceived effects as coming from a poison (natural or man-made) until something like a sample showed it to be present. Many different minerals have odors or aromas, and the described effects do not sound like a toxic situation to me. (I am not a doctor, just my opinion) Remember no toxins cause pulled muscles or physical injuries like that. Why not send off a sample to have it both fire-assayed and a spectrographic analysis? It is not nearly as expensive as making another trip, and would provide clear answers about what is present in your sample. The cost is not prohibitive. What do you stand to lose?

Oroblanco

Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links