the everything site ...?

OP
OP
T

the blindbowman

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2006
Oroblanco said:
Blindbowman do you still visit your thread here? The last post I see from BB is Oct 1st.

high old friend .. i stop treasure hunting and never looked back .. a change of corse in my life .. i have been working on my 1976 GL 1000 ..i found a full dress parts bike and have dress my bike out ... i am restoreing my bike i put 484 miles on it this summer and .. know i am takeing it down to the frame and rebuilding it from the frame up . with out a book ..i like the skill level that way .. i alread took the 75 parts bike all the way to the frame and have inventory the parts ...

so is life treating you all ...

i hope you all under stand .. i was being totally honest with you .. till we meet again ...sha na coo aw...

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008
the blindbowman said:
Oroblanco said:
Blindbowman do you still visit your thread here? The last post I see from BB is Oct 1st.

high old friend .. i stop treasure hunting and never looked back .. a change of corse in my life .. i have been working on my 1976 GL 1000 ..i found a full dress parts bike and have dress my bike out ... i am restoreing my bike i put 484 miles on it this summer and .. know i am takeing it down to the frame and rebuilding it from the frame up . with out a book ..i like the skill level that way .. i alread took the 75 parts bike all the way to the frame and have inventory the parts ...

so is life treating you all ...

i hope you all under stand .. i was being totally honest with you .. till we meet again ...sha na coo aw...

the blindbowman said:
ill save the world tomorrow ,....lol today i put my 1976 gl1000 on the road after a 700 hour restore it ran like it was made yesterday . i enjoyed every secound of the 71 miles i put on it this after noon ...

it was totally sweet . it now has 2903 miles .. treasure is where you find it ... i had a great day .. you all take care and stay safe stay free

Thought your restoration was done back in August ???

Nde Hatalii

Greenie
Feb 5, 2008
HOME OF THE THUNDER GODS
Primary Interest:
Other
Alas, even the Chosen Ones and Free Spirits of the world tire of your endless boastful prophecies and ramblings.

A wise one once said, "Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall" Proverbs 16:18. You claim to know this wise one well, and yet you heed not his words.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK OK I have lost my patience, and I am even better than JOB! Where-n-ell is everyone?

Mi janiece, Oro, Cj, djuicy, nde, prong horn, bb, old houn dog,whitt, and on - I need a full page to list all of my friends in here

Start posting or I will activate my voodoo skills. That will include oro slipping on the ice and falling into the outhouse - no problem doing that down here in

S U N NY, W A R M , A R I Z O N A !

Don Jose de La Mancha

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real de Tayopa said:
OK OK I have lost my patience, and I am even better than JOB! Where-n-ell is everyone?

Mi janiece, Oro, Cj, djuicy, nde, prong horn, bb, old houn dog,whitt, and on - I need a full page to list all of my friends in here

Start posting or I will activate my voodoo skills. That will include oro slipping on the ice and falling into the outhouse - no problem doing that down here in

S U N NY, W A R M , A R I Z O N A !

Don Jose de La Mancha

FINE!! Forget all about me will you? And here I was going to offer my assistance in helping you clear out Tayopa when the permits are finally in your hands - AND I was going to do it all for free just for the sake of being on a real adventure and something exciting to tell my nephews and nieces about!

*sniff sniff*

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real de Tayopa said:
Psst cubfan: Psst, keep it quiet, but the ones that I mentioned were being buttered up to deepen my outhouse. You in turn, will be the garbage collector and dishwasher.

Don ?what's his name??
[me=Cubfan64]whispers.....[/me]

"I can handle garbage and dishwashing duties!"

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
I got it !
strong backs and weak minds.
I may be qualified to build that two story outhouse you have plans for. LOL.

Just say the word and I will show up with the Sweedish backhoe and we'll git er done !

Thom

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Don Jose de la Mancha wrote:
Where-n-ell is everyone?

You probably already know the various answers to that question - but perhaps we need to start a new thread? The thread creator-owner (our amigo Blindbowman) has left us here and given up treasure hunting (sorry to hear that but I can understand) so if we are to continue it seems logical that a new thread might be in order. What do you think - shall we continue here or start a new thread? I am happy with either proposition.
Oroblanco

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed BETH & oro: But first, let me post an early or late Christmas card, since Sunday is ----

-- Sunday, Dec 7, a day that will live in infamy ----

.it is appropriate since it was sent for Christmas 1942 while I was in the Guadalcanal campaign..

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. I am safe since even if oro manages to pull those stockingless feet out of the rubber boots, he hasn't enough toes.to calculate. And you thought that I was kidding about being with Teddy a San Juan hill eh??

Attachments

• CHRISTMAS 1942©.jpg
    CHRISTMAS 1942©.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 311
  • CHRISTMAS 1942©.jpg
    CHRISTMAS 1942©.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 320

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
HOLA amigo - now you have me wondering, is your real name Comte de Saint Germain? Thank you in advance,
Oroblanco

(VERY cool Xmas card amigo, I think it is great that you have managed to keep it intact. An early very Merry Christmas wish to you and El Tigre too! :thumbsup:) :coffee2:

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008
Oroblanco said:
Don Jose de la Mancha wrote:
Where-n-ell is everyone?

You probably already know the various answers to that question - but perhaps we need to start a new thread? The thread creator-owner (our amigo Blindbowman) has left us here and given up treasure hunting (sorry to hear that but I can understand) so if we are to continue it seems logical that a new thread might be in order. What do you think - shall we continue here or start a new thread? I am happy with either proposition.
Oroblanco

I haven't been here for some time, deer hunting and processing along
with regular duties had me swamped, but I have jerky and sausage that will
make you drool and fatten me up for the long winter, for my efforts.
So did that other thread ever get started? I thought a good title might be
"The everything else site" with BB's approval that is.
a kind of tribute to treasurenet and all you good
people, where you all can discuss whatever, like happened on this thread.
but I wouldn't know where to start it or what to write,
you guys and gals are the knowledgeable experts, someone take the lead here.

Not much treasure to find here where I live, and I sure enjoy reading about your
adventures, but there are so many threads and catagories it boggles my mind.
It would be nice to have one thread where a person could catch up with what
you all are currently discussing without having to spend hours searching. You
people are great and I consider this website my best find in years!

Gossamer

Apr 1, 2008
AZ
Well much to my amazement... I turn on the SciFi channel tonight to be graced by a new movie..."Lost Treasure of the Grand Canyon"
It all about the "cave/cavern" reputed to have been found in GC and reported in the Phoenix Gazette in 1909.
Boy life is strange...
Hope you are all doing well!!!!
Janiece

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
HOLA mi amigo Gossamer!
I saw it too, and now have to wonder - how much is "coincidence" and how much is not? Who wrote that screenplay? Was it one of our amigos here? There were so many little features in the movie that were just a wee bit suspicious for origins, like the putting a stick in a particular hole to open a door (hmm, Superstitions anyone?) or the use of a fitted carved stone as a "key" to open a wall (hmm again....can you say "Heart Stone"?) even Quetzalcoatl and the Aztecs being the "lost tribe" - which is not in the old newspaper accounts at all, but we have been discussing the possibilities of Aztecs in the Supers.

I am sure it must be all pure coincidence, or should I say it "synchronicity"? :icon_scratch: ::) ;D :D

Merry Christmas to you Janiece and everyone reading this, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
Oroblanco

Gossamer

Apr 1, 2008
AZ
Coincidence my ass... lol.. but we aren't the only people digging into this legend, which is why I went another direction in my research.
This legend, like the 'DaVinci" legend have been running around here for some time.
But it was a kick, although I was dis sappointed that there were not more 'historical' additions. Just a fluffy piece no one but us would have noticed. Had it not been on SciFi I wouldn't have noticed.
Janiece
Merry Christmas to all

BILL96

Mar 29, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
LST
It was such a good idea, but the writing was bad the acting terrrible and the whole thing was a real dissapointment, a bad "B" movie.
Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread