Need help locating Jerry Williams

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
I am trying to locate Jerry Williams who used to be a writer for the magazine "Treasure". I am doing research on a cache and he could possibly help me out tremendously.
I thought someone on here may still be in contact with him, or know how I can reach him. If you know him, please have him contact me at [email protected] or if he doesn't mind, give me his email and I'll write him.
Thanks for the APB.
xXx

Larry KS

Mar 20, 2003
Do you happen to mean "Jim Williams"? He was the Editor for Treasure Magazine for quite a while. When I was doing some writing for Jess Publishing, he and I had some interesting conversations. Unfortunately, I no longer know how to locate him.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
xXx, it's a fairly common name but I think that there was aJerry Williams that used to travel the competition circuit. He was a short, stocky indian that traveled with his kids and was known for carrying a knife between his teeth at the hunts. If this is the same person, I believe he passed away some years back.

OP
OP
xXx

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Jerry Williams was a writer in a treasure magazine, but I'm not sure if he was the editor. Maybe this is the same Jerry/Jim? Any idea how to contact him?
Thanks,
xXx

OP
OP
xXx

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Re: Need help locating Jerry Williams, still looking

One year later now and I'm still needing to locate Jerry Williams. He did print his name as Jerry Williams in the article I'm working on.
Can anyone help.
X

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The former Editore-in-Chief of Treasure Magazine is in an old folks home now. He loves to talk, and is a great source of information.

It's been a year since I spoke with him, think he might be able to help you?

Also, have you gotten any other versions of the story you found in Treasure? There aren't very many that haven't been re-researched and re-rewritten many times over. Tell me what the story is, and I'll see if I can help you find more info.

Best,

Mike

OP
OP
xXx

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the info gollum.
I didn't come across any other versions of the story. I had filed away one of Jerry Williams stories over a year ago, and while doing some research a few days ago came across some documentations that varified the story.
I usually just read the magazine stories and consider them interesting reading and nothing more, but this one was a little different so I did keep it in a file.
I don't know if he changed his name from "Jim" (Editor of Treasure Mag.) to "Jerry" who wrote the stories? All I know is the article is clearly written by "Jerry" Williams. It's possible if their not the same person that they are related, being with the same magazine and all.
Do you have access to Jim Williams?
xXx

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread