Lincolns assassination

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Re: Lincoln's assassination

YIKES - dang amigo I forgot about that one "little" detail, and sure wish I knew what would work to get through. Personally I would feel safe if someone were to go through with a metal detector set to all metal ahead of me, but if the authorities spotted me they would still run me off. You are pretty resourceful though so I am confident that you will find a way - you remember the old saying, "Where there's a will, theres a way!"

Good luck and good hunting amigo - I hope you find that black-crusted gold!
your friend,
Roy ~ Oroblanco

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS

pegleglooker said:
Ola Oro,
I would love to bring a TRUCKLOAD of black nuggets to you door, I just got to figure a way around this.....

PLL

I don't see any fences.

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hey gang,
Springfield, these guys don't need fences, this is their " monitoring " device ;D ;D ;D ;D

PLL

DSC_0064.JPG

DSC_0074.JPG

DSC_0065.JPG

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

oh they "see" you alright --some fences aren't made of metal or wood but are often harder to get across than ones that are .

JakefaePa

Feb 20, 2009
Pa
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter

Cache Crazy said:
Oroblanco said:
The author said the totalitarian Papacy considered Lincoln a major enemy, and that the Church for centuries had "been involved in numerous instances of the forcible removal of heads of state whom it condemned."

Why did they hate Lincoln so much?

Interesting , thank you CC..I wasnt aware of this document..i will be sure to share it with my friends back in Scotland..im warming to ol'Abe

ray in ny

Jan 21, 2006
southern tier ny
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S CLASSIC III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

How in the world did a thread that started out with Lincoln's assassination which I thought was supposed to develop into treasure leads, end up as an anti-Catholic diatribe? Thank you, Lamar, for stepping in--I have just caught up with this. Apparently many people do not realize that anti-Papism was rampant in the 19th Century, as hatred was drummed up against the immigrant Irish as they escaped the Potato Famine, and the hatred extended to other immigrant groups. Of course, after the Civil War, the Klan stepped in to persecute the recently-freed blacks, and in the 1920's(the period when the book about the Jesuits and the Lincoln assassination was published), the Klan had a nationwide resurgence, since they hated blacks, Catholics, Jews, and any other groups that did not toe the white Protestant line. The 1920's was when all extremists began their rise--communists, fascists, and nazis. Remember the historical context. This thread does not belong in the treasure section. It should be under one of the other non-related threads. Isn't there a moderator to edit this?
This whole thing is one of the nuttiest things that I have ever seen. It is telling that as soon as someone like Lamar raises his voice against this baloney, he is accused of instigating an Inquisition. I thought we all were looking for treasure. Let's keep it at that.

K

Kentucky Kache

ray in ny said:
How in the world did a thread that started out with Lincoln's assassination which I thought was supposed to develop into treasure leads, end up as an anti-Catholic diatribe? Thank you, Lamar, for stepping in--I have just caught up with this. Apparently many people do not realize that anti-Papism was rampant in the 19th Century, as hatred was drummed up against the immigrant Irish as they escaped the Potato Famine, and the hatred extended to other immigrant groups. Of course, after the Civil War, the Klan stepped in to persecute the recently-freed blacks, and in the 1920's(the period when the book about the Jesuits and the Lincoln assassination was published), the Klan had a nationwide resurgence, since they hated blacks, Catholics, Jews, and any other groups that did not toe the white Protestant line. The 1920's was when all extremists began their rise--communists, fascists, and nazis. Remember the historical context. This thread does not belong in the treasure section. It should be under one of the other non-related threads. Isn't there a moderator to edit this?
This whole thing is one of the nuttiest things that I have ever seen. It is telling that as soon as someone like Lamar raises his voice against this baloney, he is accused of instigating an Inquisition. I thought we all were looking for treasure. Let's keep it at that.

YOU don't seem to be talking treasure. How did a stand against falsehood end up as a discussion about the KKK? I think you are getting things confused.

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hey Ray,
If I remember right, didn't the Klan have a membership of over 1 million at one time ??? and this was just stateside righ ???

PLL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread