OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Killing BigFoot! Re: Bigfoot Expedition

To Mr. Carajou:
I was born in the west, camping out, most of my life, and recently ('94 on !) have been TH'ing full Time!
90 % of my time in the field, in some very remote areas, It is just "dog" and I !
I have yet to be attacked by a "Grizzle" or for that matter, anything else!
Yes!
When I do go, I go " packin' " !
But!
NoT!? ?:-\ Because of the four legged vermin, I go "packed",? because of the two legged kind!? ?>:(

frieguy

Oct 20, 2005
I didn't read all the the replies because the wife is saying I am taking to long to get ready ::). but I skimmed through them and I didn't notice anyone saying about the BF trap in Oregon state. I can't remember what town it is outside though, which is bad because I was born and raised in Oregon. but there is a trap there set up to catch big foot. nothing has been caught in it though, except beer, deer ect. if you are going to be heading to northern cali then it might be something to check out if you are actually trying to gain proof of the said man monkey. by learning others failed attempts them you will already know what doesn't work. anyway she is practically standing over my shoulder now, so I will be going

K

Kentucky Kache

WeaponsUSMC said:
After all these years we only have one video of this creature that is thought not to be a hoax and that is from 1967 (there is a man out there who claims that he was in the suit, but too many experts in the field have thought this man to be a hoaxer, the Bigfoot in question is far too complex ie. muscle tone and movement for a suit to have been made in 1967 millions of dollars have been spent trying to make one using 1967 tech.)

Yet, two years later we went to the moon. Yea, right.

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Jonster:
I'm up here in Gilbert! ;D
I have a " Really! HOT! " site, down that way, In the Atacosa Mnts!
;) Care to come along? :D
I can guarantee, ::)
It'll be well worth your time/efforts, ;D
I have the feeling that I'll need an extra "six shooter" :-\ or two down there!!
SO!
If you're handy, with a Shootin Iron!
There's plenty to go around!

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
carajou,
Here's one

The woods of Skamania County have had more than their share of Bigfoot sightings. In 1969, Skamania's Board of Commissioners passed Ordinance 69-01, stating that "there is evidence to indicate the possible existence in Skamania County of a nocturnal primate mammal variously described as an ape-like creature or a sub-species of Homo Sapian [sic] this creature is generally and commonly known as 'Sasquatch,' 'Yeti,' 'Bigfoot,' or 'Giant Hairy Apes'."

What concerned the Board were the swarms of amateur Bigfoot hunters that started flocking to the county. Suggesting the "influx of scientific investigators as well as casual hunters, many armed with lethal weapons" constituted "a clear and present threat to the safety and well-being of persons living or traveling within the boundaries of Skamania County as well as to the creatures themselves," the Board asserted that "any premeditated, wilful [sic] and wonton [sic] slaying of any such creature shall be deemed a felony punishable by a fine not to exceed Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000.00) and/or imprisonment in the county jail for a period not to exceed Five (5) years."

Yes, this is just a county ordinance, but it makes the killing of a bigfoot a felony!
DAMN!
grizzly bare

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
carajou,
another

As we pull into Harrison, we pass by Sasquatch Provincial Park, Sasquatch Springs RV Resort, and Bigfoot Camp-ground where a 30-foot-tall Bigfoot statue with a giant, erect penis welcomes visitors from across the street. (The department of transportation forced its owner to turn it around a few years ago because its member pointed directly at tourists entering town.) Stopping at a souvenir shop we?re bombarded by another round of Bigfoot paraphernalia: T-shirts, mugs, key fobs, fridge magnets, letter openers, teaspoons, pins, books, and, predictably, Sasquatch Crossing signs. Bigfoot is clearly more cash cow than hominid around here, one that the locals protect with frightening determination. When I mention to the shop girl that we?re ?hunting? Bigfoot, she looks up with straight-faced concern.

?You guys know there?s a law here that says you can?t kill a Bigfoot, don?t you

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Number 3

If I see one, shouldn't I shoot it? I'll be famous!

OregonBigfoot.com takes a STRICTLY passive approach to research and strongly condemns anyone who would kill something just to appease their curiosity or to acquire fame and fortune (which is unlikely in any event!) Many speculate that a body is necessary to prove the creature's existence "so that laws can be passed to protect it". But there ARE laws. It is illegal to shoot ANY animal out of season - and if these things turn out to be nearer to human than animal (which I suspect is the case), the "discoverer" may find himself facing a manslaughter charge. A dead body won't tell us how they live, how they behave... only a live study will do that. Finally, the only accounts of true aggression have occured when a Bigfoot is attacked. Remember the Velociraptors in Jurassic Park? Don't EVER assume a Bigfoot creature is alone... to do so and to shoot at it is foolhardy and dangerous.

Similar to an earlier post. Game laws make it illegal in many states to kill any animal out of season.
grizzly bare

AzSports

Feb 16, 2005
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's Gold Master, Garrett Infinium
Seriously, I would love to believe in Bigfoot, but if I had to bet my life, I'd go with no. It is impossible for me to believe there is no physical evidence whatsoever. I would imagine,however, that actually shooting one and dragging it home :-\ would settle that. I also believe the 'reward' would be greater than the grief.

In the courtroom, absolutely no one would have any chance of convincing almost anyone else that the creature didn't do as I said it did. There is no basis and no legal precedent. All the Art Bell fans in the world(except me) could line up to testify about it's behavior, as long as I stuck to whatever threat I say I felt it would be fine, after all 'I' would be the formost authority. ;D

Just to clarify, I would give it a chance to come peacefully!? I'd explain that it is a naked terror in the woods, and that children are frightened. I would also advise him the HE is hunting and killing game out of season, or maybe just overstaying his camping privileges in a National Park. Point is, I would make a citizens arrest, and I am confident the poor creature would misunderstand and/or act in an irrational fashion, helping me beat the murder rap.

Cptbi:
I would love to get out and help. Even though I am self employed and 'nearly' independently wealthy(retired)l Its tough to make time. This week I am working, then helping a friend dig in San Diego area for a week. Mid November I am hunting those tiny Coues deer for a week or so in the Huachucas. (found some nice copper ore there Saturday and a nice piece of quartz that looks as if it my have some gold inclusions). My business is very busy now till March, but I can always get away at some point, just not for more than a few days.

I honestly don't even know where the Atacosa's are!? Mabe near Pena Blanca?? Hard rock mining?

frieguy

Oct 20, 2005
you can shoot any animal ( or man beast such as big foot ) in self defence and if there aren't any witness' saying otherwise there is nothing the law could do about it.... well I take that back the laws created in the u.s. have so many loop holes to contradict eachother you can be convicted on anything, but as far as state laws in Oregon you can shoot any animal that shows any intent to do you or others harm. hard to prove otherwise in a court of law when it comes to creatures that can't talk

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
someguy,
Sorry, I now realize you are much too smart to rely on the word of another! ;)

This will be my last post on this subject. I'm not agreeing with carajou, I'm not agreeing with cptbil. My only point is that there are laws on record which make it a crime to kill bigfoot. The umbrella laws used to protect all 'non-game' animals would also apply.

Jonster, I did check my sources. My post is taken straight from the posted site.

If I am ever in the woods and see a bigfoot I will do what any reasonable person would do. Crap my pants. If that didn't run him/her off I would try the universal appeal of trade. My granola for his time. I would love to see another mythical creature. Because in my life I have seen three. loch ness monster (not a monster at all) elf/leprechaun (right here in USA) and thunderbird ( bird big enough to eat a man) Remember, to become a myth, the story had to start somewhere.
grizzly bare

JT

Mar 14, 2005
Johns Island, South Carolina
So, now people are claiming to have seen Thunderbirds, Elves, and Nessie? Is this a Halloween joke, or what? The good thing about shooting an elf is, you can use a small caliber weapon. Doesn't destroy the meat as much. And, if you ask, how anyone could possibly shoot an elf, the answer is simple...... you just don't lead them as much as you would a Thunderbird.....

Provided this mythical Bigfoot is real, and no evidence has ever proved it to be, it would be highly doubtful that a conviction would take place for shooting one. Why? The prosecution would have to prove "premeditated, wanton shooting" of the creature. All you would have to say in your defense is "self defense". You can legally kill a human in the United States in self defense. In fact, you could probably illegally murder a human in Skamania, and get a lesser sentence than the one they have on the books for killing a creature that has no more scientific proof of existence than Santa Clause or the Tooth Fairy.

Methinks that some of you have been in the woods just a "leetle too long". Within 24 hours after the death of Bigfoot was reported, the entire scientific community would be clamoring to examine the carcass at the Smithsonian.

Does Bigfoot taste like chicken?

AzSports

Feb 16, 2005
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
A couple years ago I was investigating a small cave in the desert at around 4300 feet. In the corner was a ten pound creature, shiny black face, leathery black skin, tiny hands with what looked like fingers.
It sat quietly, looking at me from about five feet. It was not alarmed, but very, very casual. I backed out, looking to see if this bold little sucker had any weapons!
After clearing the entrance, only ten feet away, I decided I was chicken #@!$%#@! and when back in to see what this thing was. I have been in the woods all my life and never seen anything like this! New creature discovered? Alien invasion? That's it. it HAS TO BE AN ALIEN SPACEMAN!

I inched back in, rifle pointed forward as I attempted to clear the cave. One step then two, it moved! Do I have the nerve to continue? Must - go - on. It moves again, slowly, slowly turning around, exposing it'd back to me.
What -a porcupine? I never saw one up close and in the face before. Had I been drinking and ran away.... the story I'd be telling!

grizzly bare - We're on the same page here. I see you did quote them, it's just that they are wrong :o ?Only the Feds. like Congress. can make a law a felony. ?:)

Cladius

Mar 8, 2004
So they tell me I have to let it go because they don't have enough money in the budget for an another indangered species and all the support it would take to manage and protect it! I didn't know what it ate and it smelled really bad so I brought it back and let her go. And don't those porky pines have a erie cry when they are looking for a mate? That could make you think if you didn't know what it was. Cladius.

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
NM/AZ/CA/Co/Utah & P.I. Tx.
HOT! ( Hello out there!)
CPT bil 'n "Dog" are back!
??? Did We miss anything? ???
We had to make a quick up to the Bradshaw Mnts, (central AZ)!
To a site, where, I am going to place a claim on, what?, I thought was a deposit of ornamental stone..
But! I was advised by a geologist friend of mine, YES! I DO! have A Friend!
That, from my description to him, the rock may contain a VERY VALUABLE "RARE EARTH" !
AND! That I MAY? Have made a money making discovery! :o
SO! We made a quick trip out and got a few samples, :P which I'll have assayed, to see !

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
This does have to do with "Bigfoot" ! I am trying To,? ?::) " Save Bigfoot's LIFE " !? ?::)
Besides, I might be out there when some " HUNTER!",? ::)? ? opens Fire!? ? :o
? :-\ OOPS! ? :'(

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope You At least Don't Look like Bigfoot Cptbil? ;D

BY the Way.

What's this CPTBILD / CPTBIL ? both You, Or ?

Maby I missed it somewhere, Just Curious.

AzSports

Feb 16, 2005
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
CptBil:
Have you seen the tape where the guy claims to be the one in the suit on the famous riverbed film? His story seems credible, but I'd have to see a piece of the suit to swear.

The best part is how he says all he could think of was being shot while doing it!

There have been some pretty extensive searches, by some large groups, involving a lot of time and money. I think we're much better off poking around in the rocks.

My son- fresh out of the Corps-, is down for some pick swinging a couple days with us if your still interested in Southern AZ!

beeper

Sep 23, 2005
California
i have seen the broadcast of the bigfoot phenomenon, in my opinion there is more credibility to the Patterson film than the person claiming to be in bigfoot suit, the studies prove more creditability than not. see "www.bfro.net" bigfoot research organization. devoting to the scientific study of BIGFOOT.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread