Bigfoot Expedition - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Mar 2003
    WA state

Re: Bigfoot Expedition

Thanks for posting the URL. I saw it on tv but it is still very interesting to read about it.

Bob

us
    Wild Boulder Bill

Jan 2005
    Colorado Springs, co
    minelab explorer, whites gtx, tesoro lobo
    7 times
    Prospecting

The footprints beside the dinosaur tracks in glen rose texas show no dragging of hands or anything else mentioned,b ut I have yet to hear of an archeologist, anthropologist or palentologist willing to call them homo sapiens. So maybe currently as far as you know Homo sapiens are the only ones to walk upright on their feet. But still without one standing in front available for a published paper still E.s.p

Jul 2005
    Findlay Ohio
    Whites M6
    1 times

Bigfoot is another one of my hobbies. good sites to go to on this subject is Bigfootforums.com or if your looking for a state by state place to see sightings that you might be going MD'ing in soon, BFRO.net has good listings. As far as kill or no kill on this subject, your treading on a touchy subject here. The Bigfoot world is devided on that subject. After all these years we only have one video of this creature that is thought not to be a hoax and that is from 1967 (there is a man out there who claims that he was in the suit, but too many experts in the field have thought this man to be a hoaxer, the Bigfoot in question is far too complex ie. muscle tone and movement for a suit to have been made in 1967 millions of dollars have been spent trying to make one using 1967 tech.) a few other films that MIGHT not be hoaxs are the marble mountain video and one other that i cant remember the name of. The Pacific NorthWest is the place to go, unfortunatly im stationed in North Carolina.
    What am I doing so far away from my Civil War relics?

us
    Jan 2005
    Murfreesboro, TN
    28 times

I thought I would weigh in on anyone going after Bigfoot.

First things first: assume this animal exists, then pack accordingly. And that means you pack a gun. Some of the tales involve attacks by bigfoot, so don't take chances. There are also other denizens of the woods that will make lunch of a human if given the chance, like mountain lions and grizzlies.

Now, should you shoot and kill one, you're in the clear. In order for the government to charge you with hunting out of season, or killing a rare or endangered animal, this animal first has to be scientifically-recognized as a distinct species. Mule deer, spotted owls, black rhinos, striped-toed yaks and the Democratic donkey are kinda recognized. Bigfoot is not. Officially, it's a myth. And since science demands a specimen to disect in their version of a morgue...you get the picture!

My guess is that it will probably be named Gigantopithicus blacki, which is already an extinct species of ape...a great big ape!

Cptbil

Mar 2003
    Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
    59 times

To all concerned:
    A few years ago," it" was said to have been extinct for 50 million years!
    Until it showed up in a marketplace in East Africa!
    Know what creature, I am talking about?
    Then there's the new speciman of animal, that was described from, "Down Under" !
    "Impossible!" says all of the experts!
    Even when then skin of the animal was sent tp London..
    All of the "Experts" said, "You've made this of several different animals"
    Until, Finally, a live speciman of one was rec'd!
    Then the EXPERTS had "to eat CROW"?!
    Get my drift?
    CptBil & Bugs

Cptbil

Mar 2003
    Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
    59 times

Killing BigFoot! Re: Bigfoot Expedition

To Mr. Carajou:
    I was born in the west, camping out, most of my life, and recently ('94 on !) have been TH'ing full Time!
    90 % of my time in the field, in some very remote areas, It is just "dog" and I !
    I have yet to be attacked by a "Grizzle" or for that matter, anything else!
    Yes!
    When I do go, I go " packin' " !
    But!
    NoT!? ? Because of the four legged vermin, I go "packed",? because of the two legged kind!? ?

CptBil & Bugs

Oct 2005

I didn't read all the the replies because the wife is saying I am taking to long to get ready . but I skimmed through them and I didn't notice anyone saying about the BF trap in Oregon state. I can't remember what town it is outside though, which is bad because I was born and raised in Oregon. but there is a trap there set up to catch big foot. nothing has been caught in it though, except beer, deer ect. if you are going to be heading to northern cali then it might be something to check out if you are actually trying to gain proof of the said man monkey. by learning others failed attempts them you will already know what doesn't work. anyway she is practically standing over my shoulder now, so I will be going

Kentucky Kache

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponsUSMC
    After all these years we only have one video of this creature that is thought not to be a hoax and that is from 1967 (there is a man out there who claims that he was in the suit, but too many experts in the field have thought this man to be a hoaxer, the Bigfoot in question is far too complex ie. muscle tone and movement for a suit to have been made in 1967 millions of dollars have been spent trying to make one using 1967 tech.)
    Yet, two years later we went to the moon. Yea, right.

Cptbil

Mar 2003
    Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
    59 times

Jonster:
    I'm up here in Gilbert!
    I have a " Really! HOT! " site, down that way, In the Atacosa Mnts!
    Care to come along?
    I can guarantee,
    It'll be well worth your time/efforts,
    I have the feeling that I'll need an extra "six shooter" or two down there!!
    SO!
    If you're handy, with a Shootin Iron!
    There's plenty to go around!
    CptBil & Bugs

us
    Aug 2005
    Warrenton, VA
    Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
    24 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

carajou,
    Here's one

The woods of Skamania County have had more than their share of Bigfoot sightings. In 1969, Skamania's Board of Commissioners passed Ordinance 69-01, stating that "there is evidence to indicate the possible existence in Skamania County of a nocturnal primate mammal variously described as an ape-like creature or a sub-species of Homo Sapian [sic] this creature is generally and commonly known as 'Sasquatch,' 'Yeti,' 'Bigfoot,' or 'Giant Hairy Apes'."

What concerned the Board were the swarms of amateur Bigfoot hunters that started flocking to the county. Suggesting the "influx of scientific investigators as well as casual hunters, many armed with lethal weapons" constituted "a clear and present threat to the safety and well-being of persons living or traveling within the boundaries of Skamania County as well as to the creatures themselves," the Board asserted that "any premeditated, wilful [sic] and wonton [sic] slaying of any such creature shall be deemed a felony punishable by a fine not to exceed Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000.00) and/or imprisonment in the county jail for a period not to exceed Five (5) years."

Yes, this is just a county ordinance, but it makes the killing of a bigfoot a felony!
    DAMN!
    grizzly bare

us
    Aug 2005
    Warrenton, VA
    24 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

carajou,
    another

As we pull into Harrison, we pass by Sasquatch Provincial Park, Sasquatch Springs RV Resort, and Bigfoot Camp-ground where a 30-foot-tall Bigfoot statue with a giant, erect ***** welcomes visitors from across the street. (The department of transportation forced its owner to turn it around a few years ago because its member pointed directly at tourists entering town.) Stopping at a souvenir shop we?re bombarded by another round of Bigfoot paraphernalia: T-shirts, mugs, key fobs, fridge magnets, letter openers, teaspoons, pins, books, and, predictably, Sasquatch Crossing signs. Bigfoot is clearly more cash cow than hominid around here, one that the locals protect with frightening determination. When I mention to the shop girl that we?re ?hunting? Bigfoot, she looks up with straight-faced concern.

?You guys know there?s a law here that says you can?t kill a Bigfoot, don?t you

us
    Aug 2005
    Warrenton, VA
    24 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Number 3

If I see one, shouldn't I shoot it? I'll be famous!

OregonBigfoot.com takes a STRICTLY passive approach to research and strongly condemns anyone who would kill something just to appease their curiosity or to acquire fame and fortune (which is unlikely in any event!) Many speculate that a body is necessary to prove the creature's existence "so that laws can be passed to protect it". But there ARE laws. It is illegal to shoot ANY animal out of season - and if these things turn out to be nearer to human than animal (which I suspect is the case), the "discoverer" may find himself facing a manslaughter charge. A dead body won't tell us how they live, how they behave... only a live study will do that. Finally, the only accounts of true aggression have occured when a Bigfoot is attacked. Remember the Velociraptors in Jurassic Park? Don't EVER assume a Bigfoot creature is alone... to do so and to shoot at it is foolhardy and dangerous.

Similar to an earlier post. Game laws make it illegal in many states to kill any animal out of season.
    grizzly bare

Feb 2005
    Tucson, Arizona
    White's Gold Master, Garrett Infinium
    11 times

Seriously, I would love to believe in Bigfoot, but if I had to bet my life, I'd go with no. It is impossible for me to believe there is no physical evidence whatsoever. I would imagine,however, that actually shooting one and dragging it home would settle that. I also believe the 'reward' would be greater than the grief.

In the courtroom, absolutely no one would have any chance of convincing almost anyone else that the creature didn't do as I said it did. There is no basis and no legal precedent. All the Art Bell fans in the world(except me) could line up to testify about it's behavior, as long as I stuck to whatever threat I say I felt it would be fine, after all 'I' would be the formost authority.

Just to clarify, I would give it a chance to come peacefully!? I'd explain that it is a naked terror in the woods, and that children are frightened. I would also advise him the HE is hunting and killing game out of season, or maybe just overstaying his camping privileges in a National Park. Point is, I would make a citizens arrest, and I am confident the poor creature would misunderstand and/or act in an irrational fashion, helping me beat the murder rap.

Cptbi:
    I would love to get out and help. Even though I am self employed and 'nearly' independently wealthy(retired)l Its tough to make time. This week I am working, then helping a friend dig in San Diego area for a week. Mid November I am hunting those tiny Coues deer for a week or so in the Huachucas. (found some nice copper ore there Saturday and a nice piece of quartz that looks as if it my have some gold inclusions). My business is very busy now till March, but I can always get away at some point, just not for more than a few days.

I honestly don't even know where the Atacosa's are!? Mabe near Pena Blanca?? Hard rock mining?
    Hey! Who invited the hockey player?

Oct 2005

you can shoot any animal ( or man beast such as big foot ) in self defence and if there aren't any witness' saying otherwise there is nothing the law could do about it.... well I take that back the laws created in the u.s. have so many loop holes to contradict eachother you can be convicted on anything, but as far as state laws in Oregon you can shoot any animal that shows any intent to do you or others harm. hard to prove otherwise in a court of law when it comes to creatures that can't talk

us
    Aug 2005
    Warrenton, VA
    24 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

someguy,
    Sorry, I now realize you are much too smart to rely on the word of another!

This will be my last post on this subject. I'm not agreeing with carajou, I'm not agreeing with cptbil. My only point is that there are laws on record which make it a crime to kill bigfoot. The umbrella laws used to protect all 'non-game' animals would also apply.

Jonster, I did check my sources. My post is taken straight from the posted site.

If I am ever in the woods and see a bigfoot I will do what any reasonable person would do. Crap my pants. If that didn't run him/her off I would try the universal appeal of trade. My granola for his time. I would love to see another mythical creature. Because in my life I have seen three. loch ness monster (not a monster at all) elf/leprechaun (right here in USA) and thunderbird ( bird big enough to eat a man) Remember, to become a myth, the story had to start somewhere.
    grizzly bare

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links