It was just sitting there

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Ok, here's my story:

A couple of weeks ago I was out driving in the country when I noticed a few bulldozers and a variety of other earth Moving vehicles...and a HUGE clearing (making room for yet another subdivision). I HAD to take a look-see as this is not far from the St. Joe river in Northwest Indiana. I got permission to explore the area before construction takes place. As I was chatting w/ the project foreman, he said that there are mounds further back in the property that just doesn't fit the local terrain.

Yesterday I was out there looking around and found this rock. It was just sitting next to a big ole dirt pile. I would say it weighs approx. 50 lbs. I couldn't pick it up or carry it...but did take a pic.
I have NO idea what it means, if it's an acutual 'glyph" a marker of some sort...I dunno.

Thanks for your input and insight!

Attachments

• glyphs 001.JPG
    glyphs 001.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 635
OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Hi Bob!

Nope, that's the only pic I have for now. I did lift it and looked underneath...just dirt BUT I'm thinking of going back tonight to fetch it. I figured out a way to move it...or at least I'm hoping this method will work!

And yeah, the markings do look fresh BUT it's etched into the rock and I also wondered if a bulldozer would or could produce the markings?

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
rangler, "yep" what? Please expand on that one word statement. Thanks.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Yep,

A dozer could make those marks.

You need to be very careful not to move it if you think it is a marker of any kind.
The arrow points in a specific direction and if moved could make a tangible treasure into a lost treasure in a matter of seconds.

That is IF the stone proves to be a marker.

Thom

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Thanks Old Dog.

I'm not attempting to convince anyone that it's a marker. I was walking the property and found it. At first I thought that the marks were fresh...but after touching it, looking at it hard..the etchings look like they've been there awhile.

And I would never compromise a location BUT the excavation crew probably didn't see it and it could be lost forever. I opted out of going last night so not sure if it's still there.

I did a brief search on Midwest American Indian glyphs, marks...and both stone markings are bonefide, for whatever it's worth.

I have also contaced my dear friend at Notre Dame University and will share pics with him.

Now, HOW could a bulldozer make those distinct patterns?

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
a few items found in the vicinity

Attachments

• moglyph 002.jpg
    moglyph 002.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 683
  • moglyph 005.jpg
    moglyph 005.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 692
  • moglyph 008.jpg
    moglyph 008.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 465

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
vibes
Thanks for posting your pics.and I know how it feels to think you may have found something..and the best thing we can do for you is to be honest and forthright, while they always a chance that a rock that attracts your attentions may mean something..a couple of things are critical, to save time and heartbreaks later..

• A. Consider where the rock is...like are you in gold country, or where mines have been found
    B. If you can pick it up..it usually would not serve the purpose of the map maker for someone
    to easily pick up the map and make off with it..
    C. You will find small rocks at treasure sites but usualluy IN the hole on the way down to the goodies as a way of confirmation.
    D. Confirmation..most monuments Alpha and Omega, huge boulders most of the time..depending on the terrain, a hoyo is evident. Blue sky seen thru a break of opening in the rocks. This shape
    give you confirmation and a hint at what to find at the Omega.
    E. If you kick a small rock like this with your foot and it moves..it is not a treasure map rock.

Fresh marks are recent..bull dozers move back and forth..this rock was caught with the tip

of one of the teeth onthe blades..it moved and was scracthed again..and perhaps three times..
the fact that one of them made an arrow looking sign of courses is the reason you spotted it.

But when you apply one or two of the above methods to determind it authenticity..it fails.

While Notre Dame is a fine school of higher learning, they cannot help you at all this rock.
Acedemia no matter how prestigesious have no courses, no training, no experience in treasure hunting..they are useless for this exercise..Old Dog is your professor, I am your second opinion or anyone ofa half a dozen more true treasure hunters on this site.

Welcome to the forum, keep hiking the outback, keep taking pics.. and keep coming back here..with your finds..make sure they pass the credibiltiy test and we wil be happy to give you the straight skinny..Oh and there are thousands and thousands of Monuments and Markers out there..it is just a matter of time..enjoy your new outdoor healthy hobby.
auferiously
rangler

[/list]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread