Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for your responses. Here's another picture that will give some perspective. If you want to see it, this is located down by Moab Utah. Turn off of 191 onto 313 and it's about two miles or so west. It's on the north side of the road where the canyon walls start. Maybe I should have kept the location secret and confusing! I have to believe that others have spotted this before and wonder what they had to say.

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 678

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Pretty cool indeed. Remember I'm no expert - all I have to offer is speculation.. But I notice imagination or reality often shows repeating signs in one figure. For example if that had been man made, yes it looks like a spooky face! And then you got bobs profile face or pointer. Thats two signs in one.

But I wonder if further away if the erosion on the ledge above it would look like two eyes in a much larger face. I wonder if the left "eye" then would throw interesting shadows around mid day. Well enough wondering. Sprained a knee but i think it is in good enough shape now to do some wandering instead of wondering.

Also wanted to mention that down low looks like you may have an upside down U shape with seemingly out of place straight lines. Might be worth a closer look. The concave piece also seems to have some rather straight lines at the bottom. These could be artifacts from road building though.

Thanks for posting!

racknroll

Jan 2, 2007
EE: in the upper right corner of your yellowed area i see a duck beak with two little eyes above it and right beside that i see what could be owl eyes and beak kinda looking down.

Leones Corazon

Mar 26, 2006
Grand Junction Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808
Equinox 800
Go Find 60
Primary Interest:
Other
191....from the rest stop behind hole in the rock. pay attention the last 1/2 mile or so on the way down to said rest stop.

DW

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
tulecanyon said:
it means that it is really windy and cold on the plateau.
K, I can agree with that.

LOL! Oddly enough, I work at a place called Plateau, and it really is windy and cold herer today! :D

T

tulecanyon

four days ago, it was 45 at night, 70+ in the day.
then the winds came.
two nights in a row, 19 degrees. 45 daytime high.
75 mph winds recorded down the road a piece.

brrrr, winter is a bit early this year.

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I personally don't think it means anything. Nothing other than a strange natural occurrence :)

Leones Corazon

Mar 26, 2006
Grand Junction Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808
Equinox 800
Go Find 60
Primary Interest:
Other
[I personally don't think it means anything. Nothing other than a strange natural occurrence]
Until one aquires the eye for it you will be blind to it.
[Okay, all of these designs in the rock are cool, but do they mean anything?]
Yes....they do. But for know..mums the word. But i will say its not spanish.

DW

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And thanks again to you all. The "eyes" look southeast to the other side of the draw. I did not get to walk over and check that out, as I don't know who that land belongs to. There is another canyon that branches off to the southwest a little west of this. It actually could be a natural marker adapted as a marker for something, and I was hoping that maybe some locals might know something. It does definitely have Spanish connections, as my wife, who is hispanic, is sitting in my pick-up in the picture. (haha) Thanks again for you all's input and I hope you all get to see it and explore the area. For now, I will say it is a trail sign that says "Canon Del Muerto. No water. You may not collect firewood. Please pay camping fee upon occupying your site. Check out time is 12 noon the following day." Thanks y'all.

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what is this triangle, on left.. center looks like a shadow marker or carved crown of some sort maybe possable opening,, and on right maybe another eagle shadow marker just above the ladys face looking skyward... and a huge hart on wall on right of triangle .. not marked .. no expert but been reading all the different post... good luck get more pics.. ;D

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 424

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread