80.8 KB · Views: 1,544
P

PrizmIV

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

X marks da spot! I still want those whale crackers ::) lol! HH Jonathan

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Nana40 -- This is the crazy one ---- What's on the other side of the X rock. Check out all the areas I have marked. the big one to the left just might be a turtle. The pointed one on the right might be a snake. Don't know about the one behind the X Rock?? NOw her's where I am crazy see the big leaf, look at the little rock under it, it's squared. Now since this is a picture that leaf looks twice as big and not dried up like the rest. hmmm the lines in it stand out pretty good. I know I'll catch some $%%^^&^%, but you never know. Also, check the rock at bottom of picture, I am sure you have more signs/symbols than just the X/ Cross.
Here's your pic painted

Jacko

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 1,363

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
do the rocks around the cross rock go all the way around or is it just the ones in the picture ? on the tilted cross i would try going in the direction of the top of the cross unless one of the other lines was much longer than it should be...any other marks on the rock or the ones around it ? i think this is the best you have posted yet , and does look quite promising..............gldhntr

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies and suggestions! :)

I haven't had the chance to give everything here a good look..there are a lot of snakes in the area right now......

but I will very soon! ;D

;)

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Try some tall snake-proof boots ;D We cant wait to see what this is!!! Hey jacko are "X" s really used to mark where treasure is buried?

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
JakePhelps --- I don't have my notes in front of me. Can't remember where they are. I have all the signs and symbols from three different books in to one. I f I remember "X" may or may not be the spot. If one arm is longer on and "X" then you follow it. It's usually a sign letting you know your on the right path.
If I am completely off someone let us Know. in the mean time I need to find my book !!!!!!

Jacko

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
if it is a cross instead of a X,, usually means a trail marker, most often a slight change in direction,,, most often follow in direction of longest line,, long arm might point to treasure, mine, or next symbol,,,,,,, sometimes follow direction of top.......if an " X " = on line to mine or treasure, or here this place, or to break or divide, or change in course, or landmark, or 10.......if it looks like a " + " then it means change in course or direction change............ any other symbols nearby might add new meaning also,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Kenworthy's book says __" X's and Crosses do not need to be verified. "X's are only found along the "IN" trail and are to be pasted on the left (the trail goes to the left of the X. You have to face them head on to be certain which it is.
I found my book and GLDHNTR is correct. My books say "This is the place or trail or line to treasure.

That's way you need to look for more signs to make sure you not going on a wild goose chase.
In one of my other post I showed a turtles head under a big rock.
Almost under to nose is a square type (flat) rock with and "X" on it, BUT it has a curve attached to it. And my book says dig here.

Jacko

P

PrizmIV

Way to go!!!! ;D Treasure for NANA! Good job Jacko! I guess I`m gettin those Whale crackers ::)

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
heres one for you jacko,,,,,,i found a 2 by 3 ft flat rectangular rock,,,on it is a X, both lines being about 8-9 inches long.....directly beside this rock is a circle of stacked rocks, open in the middle, the circle is about 2 1/2 ft around and 10 inches high.... and it incorporates the X rock into it, using the X rock for one side of the circle...........i would post a pic or two but evidently my brain isn't big enough............gldhntr

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
GLDHNTR---- I don't have it written in my little black book I carry with me, but a circle of rocks around a tree, treasure buried below. I have a picture similar to what you are talking about but, haven't looked at it in months, I'll try to find it. How is the "X" incorporated in the circle??? Is it in the center, part of the stack, on top??

Jacko ----- I go and find the picture

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey! Thanks for the information!!!!

;)

I'm sorry that I don't have any useful info to offer anyone else with their queries as I have only been at this for months and not

years....but I do appreciate your responses!!!! :)

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Nana40 ----- Your a fast learner so it won't take you long, hell we all learn something new everyday, even if we are an old timer. I'll have my first year coming up in Oct. I think. Maybe I can check when I joined here that'll tell. I just need to have confidance in my sign reading and do some diggin.

GLDHNTR --- Here's the circle with a line of rocks going threw center ???

Jacko

Attachments

• IMG_0799_253.JPG
    IMG_0799_253.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,397

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
jacko your circle of rocks looks like a compass...........the X rock at my site is on a rock about 2 by 3 ft and 1 1/2 ft high,,,,this rock is used to make up about 1/4 of the circle of rocks, which are all flat rocks about 4 by 10 inches or close to that,,,,,,these are stacked so that the top of the circle is flat and about 10 inches high except for the X rock which is about 1 1/2 ft high.....trying to describe it if you took the rocks and made a big C and then put the large X rock over the opening of the C to make a circle............good luck nana,,,,the way your rock looks it looks like it comes out of the ground and kind of points off in one direction, you also might consider this,,but before i went too far from the rock{s} i would definantly check all of them for more symbols........gldhntr

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Gldhntr -- I think your right and the pointer is in the center pointing down to the right.

Now From what you are saying it something like this CX is that correct??? only the C touches the X at two points. I trie to send a picture but, our new Dell ahs XP and the photosuite and roxio aren't compatable so, I have to up grade both. No time now.

Jacko Gldhntr--- Have you ever been to AZ???

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
jacko, yes it touches at two spots CX........i haven't been to az but do plan on it as i have an aunt that lives in pheonix who i need to go see as she is 73 now.....will let you know when i do.......i will have my wife post a pic tonight as her brain is bigger than mine, and she knows which buttons to push.............gldhntr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions