cross in rock

what does it mean

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

digup16

Tenderfoot
Aug 9, 2005
hey this is justin i am 16 yo am addicted to metal detecting w/ my old whites 6000 di pro and recently made an interesting discovery i found a cross etched in a rock i dnt have any pics yet altho i have taken some ?the rock is fairly symmetrical and is shaped like a coffin or skull the top of it has 2 horizontal lines while the cross is just below the rock is about 2 feet by 3 feet about 70 feet below i found an 11 foot 9 inch hole which i believe is a privy the only problem is all of this is on the side of a mountain and i cant find a foundation what is goin on? ?i have found 2 huge trees w/ markings in em one of which has a vertical rectangle carved in it not sure i was catapulted into this idea of a cache when i first saw these markings am i off the mark?

OP
OP
D

digup16

Tenderfoot
Aug 9, 2005
they are at least 100 yo and are rotting inside on one side of one barbed wire has obviously been in the tree for many years and ther is a huge cut in it

OP
OP
D

digup16

Tenderfoot
Aug 9, 2005
ther are many rocks around it n the area and stacked together on a very steep hill it seems as tho whoever did it took great pains to the rock faces the east almost exactly too some kind of compass? 20 feet away is a rock that matches the hillside like a map w/ a hole and a gully exactly where the privy or well is im so confused

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
Remember Cottonwoods live and die fast, a 4 ft across Cottonwood can only be 75 years old with good water.
Dano
So if your basing your findings on a tree make sure its an oak or an elm.

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
If you have a Cottonwood tree with barbed wire in it, it probably aint that old. Not to say you dont have a viable find near, but make sure what kind of tree it is and go from there.
Dano

OP
OP
D

digup16

Tenderfoot
Aug 9, 2005
i no that farms were in the area 100 years ago and both trees are oaks the one above and the one below its ver hard to explain and if i had pics it would be much easier sry for the inconvenience just wish i could figure out wut this cross would mean

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread