m2 (1408 x 1056).jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 828
  • m1.1 (1408 x 1056).jpg
    m1.1 (1408 x 1056).jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 889

hagerman

Mar 17, 2008
Oregon
i would be interested in that cave. it looks to much like its man made.
I would be goin crazy thinking about getting in it.

how far from the cave are the markers and do they lead to the cave?
i dont see much rock anywhere around the markers but there is a ton of those flat stones around that cave to the right. i am curious

OP
OP

2fishon

Jul 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I wasn't well prepared to go into that cave/mine. I intentionally left my safety stuff at home because I wanted to cover alot of territory. I'll be going back for sure. Those flat stones the cairns are made of are all over. They woudn't have had to go more than 25 yards to get enough. I woudn't say the markers lead to the cave for sure, there's too much going on in that canyon. They do, however, lead directly into that canyon.

OP
OP

2fishon

Jul 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
No comments on these pics? Are they Spanish? Are they later? What about the opening? A cave or a mine. Has anyone seen these or others around the country that might give me a clue as to their origin.

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear 2fishon;
Wow, those stone pillars look neat! Did you finder that metal detector leaning against one of the stone pillars? If so, then I'd say that you've already discovered treasure! A Treasure ACE, that is! Great job, my very lucky friend!

Be VERY careful around the stone pillars my friend! Drug smugglers used to stack stones like that as route markers and to mark runway approaches, etc. There may be a stash of drugs and/or money in that cave too! Be EXTREMELY cautious in that area. In fact, if it were me, I would stay well out the entire zone.
Your friend;
LAMAR

S

stefen

Mounds made of stones have been a custom of many Native Americans and other ancients who traveled along old trails. As they traveled along a trail, they would pick up a stone, and place it on a mound that marked a trail. There was no set distance.

And, the stone monuments were not markers placed over a treasure. So if you happen across an old monument, add a stone, and travel on...do not destroy.

OP
OP

2fishon

Jul 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I would say that they definitely mark a trail. They are positioned on top of hills so that they can be seen from long distances. They are not near a trail however. You have to do some serious hiking to get to some of them. They just lead you in the intended direction. I hope to get back out in that area soon. Thanks for the response.

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear 2fishon;
If you insist on returning, then you do so at your own peril my friend. If your greed outweighs your common sense, then please be EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS! Walk on tippy-toes every minute and keep looking behind you at all times.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have to check out that Mine/Cave
Bring your Buddie and a 44

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
Dear 2fishon;
If you insist on returning, then you do so at your own peril my friend. If your greed outweighs your common sense, then please be EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS! Walk on tippy-toes every minute and keep looking behind you at all times.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Come on Lamar, even for you this is over the top...using safety as a blind to
instill fear and pessimism all over these trail markers and this intrepid treasure
hunter...now you are not only the terminal apologist for all things Jesuit ....
... but a fear monger too!
Is it not enough that you hijack  people post with anti-treasure now you
are way out of bounds with this type of post..NO REPLY is necessary
as I am quiet tired of your academic style endless debates and filibusters!
---------
2Fishon
These markers were NOT made by Amerindians but by the Spanish,they did this in all the high plains
and desert areas where no boulders or large outcrops were available to leave their normal signs and
trail markers, this is a rare area for me and others as, not many of us have had the chance to work
on them..if they lead you to this canyon, it is not because there is nothing there but illegal drug lords
stashing contaband..laughable indeed!
The Jesuits and or Spanish defiantly left those rock cairns. There is or was something valuable in that
canyon,,explore to your hearts content and until your curiosity is satisfied! Just use normal caution.

Rock cairns date back to Pagan times..and to a ceremony where several would lay one hand on the top rock
and circle the rock as a simulation of the earths rotation ( or the suns movement )
The Jesuits often used all sorts of archic and arcane data and information because only the highly
educated of old europe would understand their marks and symbols..there by having a "code"
could be broken only  with higher education!,, and in those days only the Jesuits we educated.

I know you wouldn't but - don't let Padre Lamar, or any of the famous or infamous members that
belong to the  NCA...the Nay-Sayers Club of America.. or the TPA .... The Teminal Pessimists Association!
or even the 12 Step DDD's , Deny-Dissuade-Deter  - stop  you from what your instincts tell you to do.

Stick to the GPAA the LDMA, The NRA. . . you know the good guys! 
auferiously
rangler

OP
OP

2fishon

Jul 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I was choosing to ignore Lamar, hoping that he was just being a wise-guy. If he was being serious then I think an adjustment to his medication is in order. Thanks Rangler for the information. I have seen many of these pillars- I saw five more today that I hadn't noticed before- about 60 miles south of the others. I've seen lots of the small ones that the early sheepherders and the like made. They are usually much smaller and not nearly as artistic as the Spanish. I will definitely explore the mine. I didn't have my oxygen sensor with me- it also picks up CO2, SO2, and H2S. I don't like to go underground without it. I'll keep this updated- it drives me crazy when people start a good thread and then never finish.

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Wow thats some desolate country. Well they certainly had to stop for the night..along the way.

In m3 i notice a scattering of lighter colored stones to the left on the hill face. They just seem odd to me, and in some sort of pattern
At the top of those stones, a suspiciously rather straight line of erosional material, or a ridge.

Attachments

• stonecairnm3.jpg
    stonecairnm3.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 576

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
Fishon
be sure to take some time to go over the larger rocks in the stack
on your pc in the zoom mode and look for faint marks, faces,
numbers or letters. I have seen the Spanish us a loosely stacked
rock wall as the excuse and the place to use shadow signs that
ended up leading to an Omega Monument!

Regarding your square 'mine' opening, use the upmost caution
anytime any thing looks easy,....can be a sucker bet..
all mines, that held value were
closed with the upmost care, any caches are buried at least
6 feet and some twice that..some even have tunnels to dig
at the correct depth..ie.a 4 digit number that you might think
is a date, like 1921 could actually be 19 feet down..and 21 feet
in.....if it is true Jesuit/Spanish you will find confirmation marks
faces, hoyo's,numbers ect, bible verses,compass headings ect
good luck and we all wait your safe exploration and what
ever is the out come ..........a safe and "happy ending"!

Lamar=Alarm( the Jesuits used anagrams-so it is not surprising
to see he IS an anagram!!.). he also has an agenda, the more
people who know it the better off we all are. Since I am outing
him, he eventually will go away.
Auferiously
rangler

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear rangler:

"Lamar=Alarm( the Jesuits used anagrams-so it is not surprising
to see he IS an anagram!!.). he also has an agenda, the more
people who know it the better off we all are. Since I am outing
him, he eventually will go away.
Auferiously
rangler"

I am not going anywhere. I happen to like it here so I think that I am here to stay. With time, you will come to enjoy my presence and realize that what I write is factual and you will soon discover that in the truth lies a certain comfort, which is something that I feel you do not possess at this time.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
2fishon,

These cairns are documented across the west as trail markers.
there is documentation that says the early settlers used these as a trail to move west.
there is a set of them that leads from Delta CO to Green River UT called "The old Spanish trail"

Please note they aren't treasure markers, Just trail markers.
they are meant to be seen as far away as 5 to 8 miles.
This was by royal decree.

Thom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread