djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Seriously all this bickering and arguing is getting on my nerves. KidRokk is trying to share something with us and it's becoming hard to read this thread. Please take it to PM's people, for the sake of all mankind.

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
djui5 said:
Seriously all this bickering and arguing is getting on my nerves. KidRokk is trying to share something with us and it's becoming hard to read this thread. Please take it to PM's people, for the sake of all mankind.

Couldn't have said it better myself djui. The above quote should be applied to several threads in this section of the forums actually. It really has diluted the intended purpose of these discussions and is the main reason I've stopped participating here. Now I just lurk, read what is interesting and skip the numerous long history lessons that go on and on and on..... if I wanted that I would have hidden behind my textbooks and become a life long student instead of facing the world like a man and making my own way.

Shame that most of the threads around here have been derailed and people are loosing interest. I'm not sure that's what Marc the site owner had in mind..... *shame*

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
I don't know who this Lamar guy is that has suddenly become the forum expert but I'm sure he'll disagree with just about anything that's been said. I think he's related to SWR. Anywho, those look very much KGC to me. Definitely not new carvings. If you look closely, the indian has a wart on his nose. Everyone knows that the indians cured warts in the 1890s and therefore would not have had warts on their noses if these were 20th century. :tongue3:

All joking aside, these look like KGC to me.
Good luck,
Big Hoss

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear group;
I am not being negative, per se, however I am offering a factual analysis of the carvings in questions and my observations, based on the evidence which has been presented, points to the carvings being modern in nature, perhaps turn of the last century, at the very earliest, but most likely even a later period.

This is my opinion of the carvings and it's an honest one. I know nothing of the KGC and as far as I am concerned they were/are a mythical organization which ceased to exist by close of the Civil War. The knives are all of modern design and the Indian caricatures are in fact, modern renderings of cartoon Indians.

My observations are based on experience, which in turn has derived from extensive research, both in archives and in the fields, and of course, study. Insofar as "facing the world like a man" I've traveled extensively and researched the Spanish and Portuguese colonists for the better part of three decades. My wanderings have taken me across the better part of thirty countries and I speak five languages, therefore I feel that I have aptly faced the world like a man should.

If one were to spend more time *hidden by their respective textbooks*, then perhaps one would be somewhat more enlightened and thereby shrug off the mantle of ignorance which has permeated ones' wretched existence since birth. I might suggest a bit more study into the true and factual history of mankind and then, perhaps one might see the folly of believing in that which does not exist, nor will ever exist.

And so, taken from the available evidence, and taking into account the stylistic renderings of the caricatures, the designs of the knives, the randomly placed graffiti and the overall composition and quality of the carvings in question, I now state firmly that the carvings were produced within the last 100 years, and most likely are even younger, say within the last fifty years. What the original intended meanings of the carvings were, I have no earthly idea, however I do know that they have no historical value per se and that they were not placed there by Spanish colonists or missionaries.
Your friend;
LAMAR

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear dsty;
As always, your posts are most welcomed and your perspective on the various subject contents appreciated. Strictly as an aside, I know nothing of basketball or football, therefore I can not contribute anything to those discussions, however when the subject pertains to symbolism, especially those symbols which may, or may not, pertain to the Spanish colonization of the New World and/or Roman Catholic religious organizations, then these types of subjects are right up my alley, my friend. I do, however know how to play chess and if you'd like, I could make myself available to you for a game or two.

That you enjoy the thrill of the hunt is commendable as well. I applaud your fortitude and continued desire to dream, my friend. As long as you keep reality firmly in check, then you will not suffer from disappointment or despair when the pot at the end of the rainbow suddenly becomes naught but a mirage.
Your friend;
LAMAR

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear kiddrock33;
It all seems like random graffiti to me, my friend. What are your feelings towards these symbols?
Your friend;
LAMAR

OP
OP
kiddrock33

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
i know that these carvings are laid out in a pattern . new or old i dont know. i know i located a large cache deep undeground deep underwater here. whether these artifacts are new or old i cant say for sure. but several differant chains located in this cache are from 1700's. it very well could be quarry tools. but after seeing several chests chained to the ground inside flooded chamber . and some very shiny metal underwater. makes me think it might be very valuable. especially when i have spent two years trying to figure out how to recover these objects legally or not. the legal route only closes doors from what i have seen. i have sent e mails to many differant individuals concerning the legal route. mostly they dont get answered.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 1,087
  • index.jpg
    index.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 1,088

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
lamar said:
Dear group;p
By the way, the knife in the photo is upseide-down. It's primary cutting edge is facing up instead of down.
Your friend;
LAMAR

I beg to differ.
the 'S' curve towards the handle is made to keep the hand from sliding out onto the blade.
the curve towards the handle is made to prevent the blade frome going deeper.
This is demonstrated by your timly example.

The knife as shown is rightside up.

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear Old Dog;
My mistake my friend. I downloaded the photo to my computer then accidentally opened it upside-down. It makes a lot more sense when viewed rightside-up. I just recently got an upgraded computer and it uses the new Vista program. I am still not as familiar with the new slideshow functions as I would like to be. please bear with me, my friend.
Your friend;
LAMAR

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear Springfield;
Yes, this new Vista is a nightmare, unfortunately.
Your friend;
LAMAR

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear SWR;

"Historically speaking, Kidd has shown these same carvings in several different threads and forums. The conclusions are typically the same, modern rock graffiti."

I was unaware that these photos had been posted elsewhere at some earlier date, and yes, the prior conclusions are accurate, unfortunately. After an extensive and painful analysis of the photograpghs, I can do no more than declare the carvings to be modern creations, in both design and execution. I realize this conclusion might upset some members, however I am a firm believer that the truth shall set one free, my friend.
Your friend;
LAMAR

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
SWR said:
With all due respect, TreasureNet is a forum. Members are going to discuss controversial subjects. Sometimes, in detail. Their views or opinions may not always be the ones you want to read, or necessary agree with, but nevertheless it is still their view, it is still their opinion and this is still a forum.

Right, I'm not taking anyone up on expressing their views. That's fine with me and everyone else here, that is what a forum is for. What I don't like is the endless bickering and "That's a dagger", "No it's not, it's a buck knife", Yes it is, No it's not, My dad beat up your dad, My grandma drives a Cobra, My brother is a Marine sniper, etc etc. It gets old you know? The users of this forum shouldn't have to sift through 50 posts of bullshit that could be put into PM's just to read a thread.

There is only one guy on my ignore list in my entire history of forum browsing, and he's on this forum. I don't like to ignore people because you'll never know when they might say something of value.

OP
OP
kiddrock33

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
i just posted a few videos in the utube section. some will say its poor quality , and stuff like cant you buy a better camera etc etc. but look at the video. maybe if you see it you will see the chest chained to the cave floor. this video has not been posted before. both videos show the object. the first video shows it at about 1 minute into the vodeo the second video shows the object very briefly in the first few seconds of the video. if you click on the video you can go to u tube and enlarge the video plus use the pause button to look frame to frame. kiddrock33

katsaros

Tenderfoot
Nov 16, 2008
kiddrock33 the knives give measure also direction, the persons are the space (topographic), the triangle go you to the final point.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang it Lamar, I said don't tell me! Now you have gone and PO'd people who have trouble reading. Ok, you have a Moron Indian with a Mohawk haircut. Got it. Now that I'm all straight on things I'll fade away and let youi guys go at it. Frankly I enjoy the history lessons as I am really ignorant about such things. Bye now.

M ::) nty

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear Monty;
It was my pleasure to be able to quench your thirst for knowledge my friend, even if it were naught but a mere drop or two. I realized long ago that the more I knew about a civilization, the better able I would be to understand their motives and desires. Every scrap of evidence tells a story and the more knowledge that one possesses, the more rapidly can one put together the historical puzzle. Also, with knowledge, one is able to unravel past events with far more accuracy.

It is always a pleasure to provide knowledge and technical assiatance to those who desire it, however there seems to be some forum members for whom the old adage "Ignorance is bliss" does not do them justice, for if that were so, they would most assuredly be living in a state of nirvana.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions