Updated! Is this a turtle? Or am I dreaming?

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
hi kimmie..i am no expert. But it looks like a real interesting. Me..i usually follow the way the lobe(s) of a heart are pointing. The upright heart... i would look along the line of both the left and right lobe. in those directions. Up and also horizontally.

Any pointer may seem like it pointing up in the sky..that usually means look up or look at that tall mountain or hill for the next sign.

Because you have the possible small heart on the ground...I should think you are close to something of interest..and do not need to travels miles. In other words interesting things might be within a oh..say 100-200 yard area.

The top hole looks real interesting. Notice how it seems to make the figure of a man pointing up and left in shadow form? Maybe that is its purpose - but i have no special knowledge on that. Notice in the gully it is pointing at..there might be a squarish stone with a hole in it resting on "shoulders" i guess. the top hole arm seems to point to it ..it is in the next gully to left of the top hole.

Then again top hole could be pointing farther up above, right above your text in that picture.

That the thing ...you have to look around and see if anything looks interesting. In my experience, if you see something that looks like it is pointing..if you look that way you usually see something.

If you do peek into that that hole, please use a strong flashlight..make noise etc and watch out for snakes. You might want to toss some rocks and pebbles into it first - WAIT a while - while standing on the side...in case there is a critter in there. Another idea is to use a mirror to reflect light inside.... And have an escape plan in case oh..worst case..a mountain lion or something pops out.

They eyecatcherturtle does some what different from what else is around.
On the left side of that formation perhaps there is another turtle or pointer with carving on it....

Remember though this is just speculation.. this is just what i would consider or think about. I am not an expert by any means.

minetres

Mar 13, 2008
Kimmie,

The more pictures I see the more monuments are there. What a great site there are alot of hearts which means their are alot of burials there of Gold. The H on the heart is a new one for me maybe some else here will have the answer. You have a great site and if you spend some time there you will find the hiding places if the "T" is still their if not you will have alot more knowledge about what too look for and you will find something. Warning though once you start this you maybe hooked for life. Be aware of any lightening bolts meaning absolute death. When you have a legless turtle and hearts at a site like this you are at the site. Any one on this site who has explored sites like this and who has found anything will agree with me on these things.

Minetres

OP
OP
K

kimmie4476

Nov 26, 2008
Old Dog said:
Thanks for sharing Kimmie,
I agree the heart looks man made.

So where do you think it leads from here?

Lol, that's my problem! If you look at the lobes of the big heart, the one on the right kind of juts out a little more while the one on the left looks like it had been made almost straight. I don't know if this is on purpose, or just what they did to make it look like a heart. If the "jut" side is the leading side, then it points to all those monuments and holes just to right of it.

And Desertmoons, you are absolutely right that the top hole looks like a man pointing! I never noticed that until you pointed it out to me, but if that's the case, then the trail might be....the heart points to the second turtle, (not the big one on top of the other side of the mountain) the turtle's front leg points back and to the left, which leads you to the holes and the sentry (by the way, what does the sentry by the holes look like to you guys?). The sentry's eyes appear open and staring back out (towards the heart...pretty confusing) while the top hole would be pointing to the next sign?

Or, if you followed the left lobe of the heart, I have absolutely no idea where it would lead.

Could it maybe mean that whatever it is is between the heart and the sentry?

Also, the mountain lion looking sentry above the heart has no eyes, so maybe the the heart IS the place?

I read somewhere on the internet that an "H" means hole or something to that effect. Was anyone able to zoom in enough to see it?

BTW, I think I am hooked for life, I love puzzles! (I think I hooked my stepdaughter too, my husband said he stopped in to her work several times yesterday and her and my mother-in-law, who is an awesome resource as she has spent 30 years in those mountains, were researching those mountains each time lol!)

Yellow Hammer

Nov 17, 2008
Anaheim Ca and Quartzsite Az
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200v2/GP4500
Hey Kimmie, I am also new here but have seen many things. I love death traps. The thinking that went into them is amazing. You need to remember that the Spanish were pricks they would skin you alive just for fun or tie your arms and legs too four horses with you in the center and pull you apart. I think you get the point. You would have wanted to be killed by the death trap then them finding you poking around there stuff. You have a good spot BUT with this many hearts there is gold. Depending what Spanish trail you are near will depend on what death traps were used. You can be sure that there is a death trap around there. I see a lot of boulder in your pics Look at the hole there is a "V" above it (the hole is the bottom of the "V"). the "V" has boulders in it. (the left side where you have the tag) It looks that is the side to come down. This type would have the boulders falling down the hill taking you with them. Also when they came back they could see that someone had been there. I don't think this was meant to cover this opening just an alarm sys.This could be a decoy hole but will still kill you. You need to find the writings that tell you safe passage. I am no expert no one is but we have seen lots of death traps and disarmed a few (Marine corp) both here and in far away places. I am near the Anza trail and a lot of them are inside the opening. When you find the hole take someone with knowledge of death traps. www.treasurehuntersuniversity.com/index.html . This might help you or SAVE YOUR LIFE]. Find the signs. Good luck

minetres

Mar 13, 2008
Kimmie,

That little heart you found is really neat the only reason why I think it would be laying there is maybe it is right over the sealed entrance. I did find one site that had a heart right over the entrance but it had already been cleaned out. Go over that spot with a metal detector of course it may be deep but some times they are withen a foot or so. You can always dig down and see whats there. Most sites I have seen like this the treasure was hidden in the man made rock caves I guess for easy retrival. Most of the time their is more than one. I would clean that area where you found the small heart real good right down too the bed rock too make sure.

Minetres

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear group;
I agree that it looks like a geo-factual rock formation. It is pretty to look at though and i would like to thank Kimmie for posting the wonderful photos.
Your friend;
LAMAR

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear SWR;
Merely because some forum members possess negative attitudes does not mean that we should allow them to affect our better judgement. To ask for physical proof from one of these negative typesis akin to goading them into a fight, as proof would be simply impossible for them to provide.

That these sort of people profess to be treasure hunters is an insult to the real pro hunters and lacking proof of their success, they resort to mud slinging. If one of these people were to miraculously stumble across a single dubloon, they would be screaming at the tops of their lungs about their success and they would try to use it as irrefutable proof that treasure signs, symbols and markers do exist.
Your friend;
LAMAR

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lamar said:
That these sort of people profess to be treasure hunters is an insult to the real pro hunters and lacking proof of their success, they resort to mud slinging. If one of these people were to miraculously stumble across a single dubloon, they would be screaming at the tops of their lungs about their success and they would try to use it as irrefutable proof that treasure signs, symbols and markers do exist.
Your friend;
LAMAR

And this is wrong Why ?

If somone closes their Eyes & Throws a Rock in the air & It lands on a dubloon,
I Would sure hope they try it again. :wink:

Whatever works for you is fine with me.

I Am getting very tired of the Negativity :(

There is nothing wrong with Giving personal opinions on
possable signs. But trying to put a Negative spin
on the Posters Beliefs is wrong.

Those who are Negative Sometimes are easy to tell from
those who are Negative all the time & Should be Ignored

Those who have nothing Constructive to add.... shouldn't

OP
OP
K

kimmie4476

Nov 26, 2008
So, the "hunting party" went up yesterday (without me, I had to work :'( ) and all I can say is that if those formations really are just natural formations, then I am really glad the formed themselves into those shapes in order to draw attention to the area! This is going to take quite some time to explore and figure out the things they found ;D

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kimmie4476 said:
So, the "hunting party" went up yesterday (without me, I had to work :'( ) and all I can say is that if those formations really are just natural formations, then I am really glad the formed themselves into those shapes in order to draw attention to the area! This is going to take quite some time to explore and figure out the things they found ;D

Yep Many Natural areas have been used to Hide
Treasures of all sizes.
Simpley Because they would be easy to remember.

minetres

Mar 13, 2008
Kimmie,

Know matter what any one says you have a real Spanish site there. They would really spend a lot of time too carve and move the rocks too make these mounuments and you will never find these in nature. Rock dosn't break and wear tike this. The Spanish explorers traveled in Armys consisting of up too 300 men they would have Preist, masons, carvers, surveyors and mining Engineers as well as soldiers for protection of course they were all in the Spanish Army accept for the Preist. The Spanish would also use a lot of the Indians for a work force much of the time by force as slaves of course many time the Indians would take alot of the Spanish for slaves if they won a battle this was common then. Ignore nagative people you can tell your self if some thing is man made or not with common sence.

Minetres

VICTORIO

Jun 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star II & Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That small Heart is really nice. How big is it. I hear that when they are about the size of your hand you are right over the entrance. Is this correct. Rangler/ Olddog what do Y'all think.

OP
OP
K

kimmie4476

Nov 26, 2008
If you were to place your two hands together in fists in the shape of a heart, that's what size the little one is. My stepdaughter, who went with the "hunting party" wasn't able to find it again, but I know where it was, and I plan to take my metal detector out there maybe tomorrow if the weather cooperates. I will try to post more pics tomorrow if my stepdaughter is able to email them to me (some petroglyphs and stuff of the area) but we are having trouble getting the pics to be fullsize so that people cam play with them

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Happy hunting kimmie and good luck! Sure wish I could join you.... waaaay too much snow and not enough Spanish up here in Canada! ;D

minetres

Mar 13, 2008
Kimmie,

I was looking at the picture of the turtle and the V on the back is pointing at a very interesting spot right below it. I would search this area real good. Watch out for snakes they will avoid you but if your digging under rocks and it is a warm day use a stick or shovel before you stick your hands under them. Look at the picture in the location I told you and see if other mounuments are looking at the same area I believe I saw some. If you have some more pictures of that spot with diffrent angles study them good. Is that the area you found the small heart shaped rock?

Minetres

OP
OP
K

kimmie4476

Nov 26, 2008
No, it's at a different spot from where I found the small and larger heart, but you're right about the triangle. In fact, there are 2 triangles on the rock. One on the side and another on the back by where the "tail" would be. It is a very steep climb up to that spot, and I'm trying to figure out a way up to it. The triangle on the back points down to where that big face is (below the turtle) and it kind of seems feasable that there may be something between the two landmarks.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Kimmie,
look from the face In the direction it is looking.
(you will need to be directly in front of the face, or behind it)
it will look directly down the trail you should use to access the signs.
access will be easier when you find this trail.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions