What if someone would support your project? Money Equipment ect????

ColoradoMike

Apr 4, 2004
Colorado
OK I am looking for everyones thoughts on this subject.
What if someone would fund treasure projects & the like. What if they could offer support in the way of equipment that most don't even know to exist much less dream of? What if they could send a trustworthy team member or 2 to help out?
Now we treasure hunters are a untrusting lot & that's not a bad thing. That said if a guy could get past that how much would it benefit to have some real help sometimes?
So what I am looking for is feedback. What would an ideal situation look like to you? Could you trust them? What if they deep pockets & would use it?

Please give me your feedback....

ColoradoMike

maxxChina

Greenie
May 11, 2005
no one does something for nothing... thats my thoughts. how much do they want in exchange for emptying their pockets?
i think that there is nothing wrong with taking a risk, but cover yourself with a legal contract and ownership of any research etc that you may have already done.
what do you reckon?

OP
OP
ColoradoMike

ColoradoMike

Apr 4, 2004
Colorado
The group would do it for a fair share. In proportion to what they have to put up. Just to be clear to everyone. I am thinking about tyring to set this team up & funding it myself to help recover real treasure. I just don't know if it would work & that's why I am looking for input. Most the guys out there that will help are expensive to say the least. Some will come to your site to just charge you when they don't really think anything is there. Point in case- one guy told me that a guy was conviced he had something & would help him find it for $3k a day for a minimum of 90 days. What is that all about??? So I am looking for input on the pros & cons of such a organization that does not charge anything upfront to send out a team with the best gear money can buy & man power to help. If you don't want to give a share then they could charge you a fee.
What do you guys think???

ColoradoMike

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
Mike, I'd say it won't work! At least if I were onto a Large Treasure, and had done a lot of foot work and research I wouldn't need someone to help me dig it up. I think that would be a bad move! I'd say means you have a lot of equipment and sounds like money also find your own lead to treasure and go for it yourself like most other hunters. Then again if it was a ship on the bottom of the sea that might be something else.

OP
OP
ColoradoMike

ColoradoMike

Apr 4, 2004
Colorado
Thanks for the input. This is what I am looking for. Think about this too, many times you might spend a lot of time on a treasure trail that has already been retrieved & this could save you lots of wasted time you could be spending on other trails.
Remember the old time grubstakers. They would grubstake a lot of guys with the idea that the more guys they partnered with the better chance someone might hit something.
Yes I make great money, but the machine must be fed with my time, so I am limited to how much time I can spend in the field.
Thought this idea might be a win-win.... I have some great team members that could really be of help to some hunters...
Keep the input comming.

ColoradoMike

K

Kentucky Kache

I think it could work in some cases, but I doubt you would get allot of calls. I would have to be pretty confident that a treasure existed, and, as a treasure hunter, I want to be out there hunting.
But if I wasn't a treasure hunter, and if heard that my great grandfather was supposed to have buried gold, I would give you a call.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would Completly Depend on the Situation.

IF I thought I could do it on My Own, I'd Hold Off.

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
coloradoMike--- Here's my thoughts----- If someone has a legit site and poss. worth millions, it would be hard to just say OK come on. ?Here's my feelings--- I'd have to meet the person and at least one partner. Spend the day together at one of my other sites closer to home so I could keep an eye on it daily. Then we could test the equipment so I'd feel secure that it really works, Also, this would give me and the other people interested a chance to feel each other out and see if we got along. Factors here are-- 1) will the equipment do what they say it will. #2) Do we see eye to eye and do I feel comfortable with them-- #3) If ?1 & 2 are good then it would have to be understood that other than operating the equipment, how we worked the site would be MY decsion only. I feel that if someone has done all the hard work of research and finding potential areas to dig, then whom ever brings equipment and partners then all should be split even. Although if there is an even split, say one bar of gold extra, well that'd be mine cause I am better looking hehehe.

?Here's my other thought--- If someone wants a good site why don't they just buy it for cash plus a percent of what ever is found to seller. Never happen but good thought. hehehe

? Jacko

OP
OP
ColoradoMike

ColoradoMike

Apr 4, 2004
Colorado
Good points.. 1st of all, lots of guys think they have site & don't. Many treasures have been recovered already. We all know guys how have spent years on a site & it is not there maybe never was or at least is gone. Ask CaptBill if he knows anyone like that.
Then there are guys like you Jacko, no offense but your getting along in years & no guarantee how many you have left. Do you want to spend any of that time on a deadend trail? Lets say you have 10 yrs left & by yourself it may take 5 yrs to recover something. You just wasted 1/2 of the rest of your life... But if you had help & could recover it in a year. So instead of making 50million you make 10. Where would you spend 50mil anyway. I say some money is better than no money. Enjoy what you can while you can.
As far as buying a site well there are just too many problems with that whole idea. I could build a pretty convincing treasure site for some sucker myself. Image what someone with some imagination could do.

Bottom line your not going to go out & dig down 2-3ft & find a Spanish Treasure. These things are there because they are tough to recover. These are 300 yr old bank vaults & they're still working today.
Then the recover is only half the battle.
Anyway most sites I have been too have been terribly underfunded & modern equipment is no where insight. Too many are chasing ghost. I thought it might be a win win & give options to some that have very little.
But if you all think it is a bad Idea... good enough for me. I'll just grubstake a few guys like the old days. If I can't get out of the office I'll just hire some partners to get out there for me. Hows that sound Buddy.

Now as far as your getting the extra bar because your better looking well that's just crazy talk everybody know I'm much prettier than you.......LOL

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
CM-- You have some good points there also. What I'd like to do is find enough to make a prospecting claim then what ever I find, I don't have to worry about the feds. I'll try to find this articale about a Mayan treasure. these three guys found over 200 lbs of gold bars just with a metal detector. There is a stone some where just like the one they found with holes drilled in it. But, I have only seen it once. Haven't been to that area yet to locate it. the big cache was, I think 10ft. down then tunneled several ft. to left then up five ft or something like that where I believe they found over 300 lbs. This area was in Arivac in the 60's

Jacko

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
CMike-- I forgot---" A lot of guys think they have a site, when it's already gone and spent years looking for it."
that's close to what you said. Here's the difference--- If some one has found it then they put all the stones back in place, placed several tons of rock back in a large Spanish cross (this is very deep digging). What I am saying is there has been no sign of demolition, No open Pozo's saying someone was here. I feel every stone is exactly as they left it. I maybe wrong, they may have moved a ten ton boulder and put it back like thy found it??? Even the very small rocks with clues are still here, as you can see in some of my pictures --HMMMM I am probably wrong, but hopeful.

Jacko

OP
OP
ColoradoMike

ColoradoMike

Apr 4, 2004
Colorado
Keep in mind a mining claim does not protect a treasure claim. It is also illegal to try to recover a treasure under the guise of a mining claim. That said we all do it because it is a good cover but keep in mind it does not protect you from Big Brother at all. I know a guy who had one & was digging like mad got with in 12' & the BLM busted him & told him to get out. He said he had a claim & they said B_llS---T show us some ore. (note to self alway keep some ore on hand) he didn't have any & keep in mind there were 6 Rangers all pointing guns at him. 6 months later the he goes back & the equipment shows the treasure is gone & the hole is filled in....
Just because it looks undisturbed doesn't mean anything either. Sometimes they would have their slaves put it back the way it was because they used these site on & off.
After the revolt some Indians would on their own move it somewhere else & put everything back.

Because of the time & dangers on digging a 30-50' pit I insist it is better to throw every modern piece if equipment at it. (not to mention the longer your on-site the greater chance of getting
caught) You don't want to spend one day much less a week or two digging in the wrong spot.

Just my thoughts

ColoradoMike

K

Kentucky Kache

ColoradoMike said:
? ?Then there are guys like you Jacko, no offense but your getting along in years & no guarantee how many you have left. Do you want to spend any of that time on a deadend trail? Lets say you have 10 yrs left & by yourself it may take 5 yrs to recover something. You just wasted 1/2 of the rest of your life... But if you had help & could recover it in a year. So instead of making 50million you make 10. Where would you spend 50mil anyway. I say some money is better than no money. Enjoy what you can while you can.
? ?

It's not the quantity of time we have left, but the quality. None of us know how much time we have left.

OP
OP
ColoradoMike

ColoradoMike

Apr 4, 2004
Colorado
Ok DAVE! Are ya being funny or just an Ass? If it funny then send me the info to the email posted if you being a Ass then don't.

Thanks for your time.

OP
OP
ColoradoMike

ColoradoMike

Apr 4, 2004
Colorado
Whew!!! That's good.
Save me the Human Resource nightmare of having to fire someone obviously handycap..... LOL

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ColoradoMike said:
Whew!!! That's good.
Save me the Human Resource nightmare of having to fire someone obviously handycap..... LOL

Attachments

• headscratch.gif
    headscratch.gif
    418 bytes · Views: 929
  • 357.gif
    357.gif
    3.7 KB · Views: 921

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions