Does this tree carving mean anything?

P

pippinwhitepaws

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Springfield said:
And if you look to the stars, you'll find all the templates. Even so, a rock, tree carving, tortilla or cloud that resembles a monkey is nothing more than a curiosity. Interesting, yes. Treasure pointer? I'd look for something better myself.

I am so in agreement with you about the templates Springfield. I think stuff you find on the ground is in some cases all about that. Well of astronomical, or seasonal significance one way or another. Now to prove it...lol Got my compass, tape measure and other stuff all ready. Time will tell.

Kastsara - thank you for your post! Interesting. And I understood.
Mark what caught my eye back there was that strong horizontal line/ledge below top of bluff. Almost looks like a lintel. Then some possible vertical lines associated with it.

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear group;
After looking at the tree trunk again, it STILL looks like a monkey wearing a helmet (or cap of some type) to me! Perhaps this is a previously unknown treasure marker, everyone!
Your friend;
LAMAR

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Hi mark...been staring at your picture again. Never had much luck trying to recreate a tree marking. I've tried using a graphics program to squeeze a mark back together... assuming the mark spread out horizontally as the tree got thicker.

But the variable ground and growth of the bark made it inconclusive..tantalizingly so.

Still.. a tree with perhaps some sort of mark on it and a creek bank nearby..would make me want to examine that bank/bluff a little closer.

Who know, maybe you will find an old settlers house...I know in areas like kansas they dug holes to live in.
Is the tree on an old trail I wonder?

If you do find anything interesting on the bank be super careful and assume the worst.

Nice piece of property you have there. Bet it is lovely in the fall.

minetres

Mar 13, 2008
Markdenisr,

I believe the one symbol means saddle bags the "Z" or N could mean North look for other sign or the "Z" could be a signature I would dig right below it.

Minetres

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread