Signs, Signs, Everywhere a Sign...

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Questions...

Would treasure sign makers take the time to build elaborate signs and clues or would they use what was on hand, chisel a few symbols to remind themselves, and keep going?

Also... as these signs seem common in every wooded area, rocky area, and near every creekbed, from coast to coast - just how many people were running around hiding treasures and making symbols and signs everyplace?

Also, and this is strictly an amateur question - Do signs always have to indicate treasure? Could they be indicating a great hunting ground, or a water source, or a crop source, or a wintering/summer camp area, or a meeting place?

Maybe those questions can't be answered... and maybe the object is to assume everything is a sign or mark until a treasure is found...

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
Jim said...
Would treasure sign makers take the time to build elaborate signs and clues or would they use what was on hand, chisel a few symbols to remind themselves, and keep going?

Jim, good question! The Spanish et al, tried to use as much of the natural background as possible, as this was less work for them, plus, it hides the marks better as you can see how some people can see can't see anything and only see an ordinary, rocks, and this was the very purpose that wanted, they wanted the rock to look ordinary and thus be by passed - and the treasure trove safe for the Kings Recovery Crew.

Also... as these signs seem common in every wooded area, rocky area, and near every creekbed, from coast to coast - just how many people were running around hiding treasures and making symbols and signs everyplace?

They only seem common because you are seeing a 'consentration' of theses signs because this IS a treasure site!
However that is still another good question, to put the proper context, remember this:

1) The Spanish et al, were here for over 300 years! A huge block of uninterrupted time!!
Especially when you consider that WE have not been in control of this country
for that period of time as of yet!

2) That the Dutch, the French, the Russians, the Mexicans, all have had their turn
at exploiting the resources found here. Who may have mined and hidden items.

3) Lots of evidence that Ancient groups have had their way with the resources here
some say,the Aztecs, Phoenicians,* Celts, Vikings, Chinese, and others have visited this con-
tinent for their own need to find gold, silver and other riches that are here. Some
say that the Land of Ophir, from the Biblical days is the right here in the USA!

*http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,232140.0.html - this idea greatly expanded on
edit 5/1/09 rangler

4) Now add the later day groups, the Knights of the Golden Circle, the Templars,
the Rosicrucians, the Masons, the Illuminati, and many other secret groups, wo
all had their reasons, their agenda's that they wanted to fulfill, and many of
those designs, meant things had to be buried and later retrieved.

5) To this add the all the robbers to Jesse James to Al Capone, and all the copy cats
want to be's and various gang members, and don't forget to add the regular citizen
who did not trust the banks, the Depression era people especially prone to this, as
welll as farmers and ranchers who lived far from the banks and stores.

In addition to the wave of '49ers who mined and carried gold and gold dust back to the states that they came
from before they were swept up in the rush to california and the 'golden dream'

Finally remember that Spanish and their reign here, was ended by the Mexicans who revolted against the King of Spain soon after the Expulsion of the Jesuits in 1767. by the early 1800;s Mexico had control of the western USA
the very soon after that , we fought a war with Mexico, and with the Treaty of Hidalgo, in 1834 i think is was, we kicked the Mexicans out, All those stashes of the Kings fifth, the monuments meant to stand for hundreds of years , were not unavailable to the Kings recovery crew. Many of the '49s re-opened old Spanish gold mines, hidden years earlier!
No you can see how we can have so many possible places that monuments were left and are only now being discovered !
Hope this helps give you some perspective on the subject/.

Also, and this is strictly an amateur question - Do signs always have to indicate treasure? Could they be indicating a great hunting ground, or a water source, or a crop source, or a wintering/summer camp area, or a meeting place?

These would have been Amerindian signs and that would have been in the form of Petroglyps or tree marking, not stone monuments built with the Kings Code.

The rest are a difference between general trail makers, and then the more rare Kings Mine markers and the Kings Fifth signs.

Maybe those questions can't be answered... and maybe the object is to assume everything is a sign or mark until a treasure is found...

Well Jim, those questions can be answered .... the real object is to learn the code, and then look for the confirmation signs that prove the signs are real, it really is no better to assume all treasure marks are just ordinary
rocks that is to assume all signs are treasure related.

the balance is restored with knowledge and the correct application of that insight!
auferiously
rangler

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
So it's possible that a great number of these signs... bent trees, rock piles... they are just route markers.  I know out west here we can see many property marker signs... just rocks placed vertically in the ground.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
As you know, Jim, out here in the arid west, water is critical.

I'd think springs and such might have markers directing travelers to them, possibly.

The Franciscans were pretty secretive about directions to their mines, far as I know.

I've known any number of people who actively searched for the Los Padres Mine. They've discovered portals, drifts, arastras and mines that are claimed to be that one, but not any more than a few odd markers here and there. They have discovered a number of Indian glyphs and drawings.
I have not seen them, myself, but was advised where I could look to see them.

Many treasure books describe a multitude of things I've never seen.

K

Kentucky Kache

Montana Jim said:
Questions...

Then you have to ask, would they take the time to build elaborate signs and clues to hunting grounds or water sources, etc. If you can believe they did this for one reason, why couldn't they have done it for another reason, like treasure? I think you are right, it could be either.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Jim,
If you were able to see the signs where you are there would be no question for you.
What you need is a road trip along an educational line to upgrade your thought process.

Hop on the Harley and come down and visit,
I'll be glad to show you what the Spanish left behind.

SWR,
Get a life and come see for your self.

I'm willing to put up.
so either pony up your self ...or just be a naysayer.
Thom

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
SWR said:
Montana Jim said:
SWR - These views are NOT my views of your posts...

Huh ???

Although my posts were deleted, I don't think I mentioned anything about that.    :-\

Added:

Maybe it was my Louis Armstrong rendition of What A Wonderful World 

A bunch of posts must have went missing... never mind that comment, I don't remember why I said that...

Old Dog... Thanks.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Montana Jim said:
So it's possible that a great number of these signs... bent trees, rock piles... they are just route markers. I know out west here we can see many property marker signs... just rocks placed vertically in the ground.

Jim,
As most of us know, there is a huge difference between trail markers and treasure markers.
I have always tried to make the distinction clear when posting and will continue to do so.
The trails I follow most time never lead to a treasure greater than my own education.
They tell me where a specific route was why it was used ...etc.

The most famous of routes "The old Spanish trail" is marked by cairns of stacked stones on hilltops.
The next one is seen from the one you are next to. This marks the main trail that even early settlers used to come west.
Why make more of it than it is?
A 300+ year old trail across the country.
Nothing to do with treasure, but quite exciting to follow and study.

Thom

VICTORIO

Jun 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star II & Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for that Video Old dog. I have seen Boulders on the side of very steep mountains the seize like the biggest one in your video. I 'm talking about 20 to 30 boulders neatly stacked to form a death trap. Some of the boulders I have seen are not of the area. How did they get them up the steep mountain and then stack them on each other.

tertiaryjim

Aug 5, 2008
VICTORIO said:
Thanks for that Video Old dog. I have seen Boulders on the side of very steep mountains the seize like the biggest one in your video. I 'm talking about 20 to 30 boulders neatly stacked to form a death trap. Some of the boulders I have seen are not of the area. How did they get them up the steep mountain and then stack them on each other.
Victorio-Why would they use such different boulders unless they wanted you to notice the trap ? Great thread ! Thanks to all. Jim

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Thom! I have seen that vid... it's telling and simple. I'm trying to imagine Spanish explorers or military men doing the same to use as a treasure guide or sign.

Thanks for the link... I'm not sure it explains all the rock formations out there. Do you also consider, as I do, that natural formations or situations would out-number the man made signs?

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Absolutely !!
But they used the natural to conceal from an untrained eye as well.
There are signs that only show up during a few hours per day.
or only at a given time of year even.

the whole trail one follows may take several seasons to get completely through.
If a true Spanish mining trail is what is followed...
it will test your patience right to it's limit.
These guys were cagey to say the least, and they trusted no-one.

Thom

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Thom... forgive this question - but please tollerate it.

It would follow then, based on what you just wrote, that it would take entire seasons to make an accurate trail, that would talke seasons to follow. That being the possible case - why not just take the damned treasure with you for it would take so long to build a trail that you could have loaded all the treasure onto ships and left with it!

Seasons to build a trail that takes seasons to follow... is this right?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread