Mar 15, 2009

Attachments

• صورة 066.jpg
    صورة 066.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,519

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Any Idea's What these signs could Be ?

Welcome to the forum Desert Sands
Thanks for posting the pic, the majority of course are Amerindian Petroglyps
however over to the left on the edge of rock,is some much newer marks, AND
they are carved in "relief", something the Ameridians did not do, as far as i know.
and these marks are all similar, 4 in number, and mysterious, as I have never seen
this shape for spanish signs,. They might be representing items of value, as in a
beaver pelt, albeit most beaver pelts where stretched in a circular fashion!

I will do a little research and see what I can find in my notes, also what is casting
that shadow over the panel?? That might be a key question,if it is a rock - and what
position was it in at noon?, I see the 1:27pm marker on the photo.

I have seen the wavy marks left my amerindians many times all over west, once
an panel over 20 feet long, near a high point in a mountain chain, it would have
taken a hundred years to carved all those repetitious wavy lines on that rock.
I have come to believe that is was 'shamistic' and part of a ritual for a successful
hunt,. and the lines represented the mountains that had to travel over to look
for game, taking farther and farther away as the game became scarcer and scarcer
as the game began to be thinned out. It is just a theory or thought after seeing so
many of them,,at any rate ,the marks over at the left, and the shadow are the key here
good luck, keep us posted.
we true treasure hunters are happy to help all we can!~
auferiously
rangler

"We will be known forever by the tracks we leave.".............American Indian Proverb

rigmover2307

Apr 20, 2009
bloomfield nm

The marks on the left definatly appear to be of a later age than the other, however they also appear to be native in origin as they are "pecked" into the stone presumably with another stone. i have yet to see spanish or mexican pecking. they had access to iron tools and was considerably more efficient to scratch their markings into the stone. dosent mean they didnt do any pecking as to disguise them tho. to me they seem to represent a number of vessels such as water jugs or somthing similar

Lahoop

Jan 11, 2005

there are 4 jars buried in the valley edge

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Lahoop said:
there are 4 jars buried in the valley edge
Possibly. I see a representation of terrain and a trail in to the approximate location. What is there is anyone's guess. Obviously someone spent quite a bit of time and for a reason.

Native? Anyone here versed in native Saudi Arabian petroglyphs? I ain't.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other

desertsand

i am not versed in native Saudi Arabian petroglyphs, i did look around
and found these links, hope they help you
your rock art/petroglyphs, has a story feel, to it
while looking around for info, i thought of something, i think in your country,
you read right to left, so would the rock art/petroglyphs, be read the same way

info links
http://www.saudiaramcoworld.com/issue/200807/art.rocks.in.saudi.arabia-.compilation..htm

Handbook of rock art research By David S. Whitley

http://books.google.com/books?id=Ww...&resnum=1&ved=0CBIQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer

The more recent markings on the left side shows that four persons or groups journeyed into this area coming in on two different routes. They were searching for the "egg shaped" circle in the center of photo. The line leading to the circle means the spot where the trail ended or a tight place in a canyon where the trail would appear to end but could open up into a hidden area. The wavy lines they crossed were either hills of maybe rivers. They were perhaps looking for a a place of their ancestors. (some of the marks appearing older might confirm this) It could mean it took them four journeys to find the right area.

I would guess that we are looking only at a portion of the panel....I would guess one might read it from many directions in order to learn the rest of the story.
( do not assume that all is left to right or...right to left)

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Has anyone taken a REEEEEEAL CLOSE look at that rock? Please bear with me on this for a minute and look at my marked up copy of the photo. Now, doesn't that figure in the yellow oval look like a man using a metal detector? and doesn't the squiggly line work in the polygon look like the path made by a detector operator as he / she is swinging their machine over an area of search??
I'm just saying...............................

صورة 066.jpg

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used

Hey Short Stack....I could be wrong and you could be right....if you are: :laughing7: then my egg shaped circle becomes a comet with trailing debris that is going to take your metal detecting person out of the picture. Can you decipher the brand of dector in use?

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oddrock,
Actually, that looks more like a spermatozoa than a comet. As far as the detector brand, it's probably a cheap copy manufactured in the Philipines. When I was going to Riyadh back in the early 1980s, all the tape "zooks" were filled with pirated music tapes brought in from the Philipines. Heck, the pirates even copied the jacket photos to use on THEIR tape cases. ::)

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used

:hello:Shortstack,

Since it looks more like spermatozoa to you then you must see the shadow as a penis. Either way it still means you guy is screwed! :laughing7:

Oddrock

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Now that you mention it; that shadow DOES appear to be made by a richard-head. :laughing7:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm still curious as to where that "1:27 PM marker" is located on that rock.

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used

Shortstack said:

SS'

Hidden in plain site, lower right hand corner, in Red with a 3 preceding it. :laughing9:

Oddrock

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

oddrock said:
Shortstack said:

SS'

Hidden in plain site, lower right hand corner, in Red with a 3 preceding it. :laughing9:

Oddrock

Snicker; Snort; :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: OKAAAAAAY. There it is!!! :tongue3: I've just been too amazed at the evaluation given in post #1 to pay any attention to any such thing as a camera tag. :sign10:

hellhoot

Jan 25, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster Pro

The four shapes to the left make me think of pottery, maybe its four burried pottery pots. just a guess ive never seen that shape myself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread