Spanish Symbols??

NUGGETFINDER

Oct 26, 2005
I found this glyph at the top of a hill that I had been prospecting the drainages that come off of it. I need your help in determining any meaning at all in this glyph. The area that this was found, is a very rich gold producing area in the Bradshaw Mountains of Arizona. I have personally found numerous small gold nuggets in each drainage coming off of this hill. Here is a pic of some of the gold that has been found below these glyphs. The total size of the glyph is about 18 inches from top to bottom (for reference). It is placed on the Northeast side of a rock outcropping at the top of the hill. This glyph does not see the sun past 12 noon or so, so has stayed in pretty good condition. It appears to be Spanish or Native American. Any help will be appreciated

Attachments

• 2004_1031Image0029.JPG
    2004_1031Image0029.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 1,590
OP
OP
N

NUGGETFINDER

Oct 26, 2005
Here is a picture of some of the gold nuggets found in the washes running off of the hill.

Attachments

• 2004_1031Image0034.JPG
    2004_1031Image0034.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,634
OP
OP
N

NUGGETFINDER

Oct 26, 2005
Snee,

Thanks for the input and links. Those links have some good information. I agree there is a resimbelence to the Yeii Spirit

Here is a better more clear picture of the symbols.

Attachments

• 2004_1031Image0028.JPG
    2004_1031Image0028.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 1,512

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Nuggetfinder---- I believe you have more writtings just up and to the left of the (Indian style) eagle, next to the chipped area. Straight to the left of the 7 looks like two letters an the bottom of the rock near right lower corner may have something. I am not sure OK. I have copied the pictures and will take a closer look. Hope I am right, it might help out.

Jacko P.S. Nuggetfinder I probably know you, hehehe

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Hey Guy's help out here !!! I have seeen this Haylo with a 7 and cactus before, I believe on this forum or in a book. The Indian ooking thing is a bird and a directional (very important, like turtle). Has three pointer to the right and one to the left. Small turtle to right of bird and looks like could be a bigger turtle head above that. To the left of the bird is a square (not really looks like) Has a heart on one corner and other markers running along edge. follow the crack (edge of man rock) down you'll see a rectangular shape. this has 3 triangles forming it. There is a lot more but, need a picture of the rocks around this one. So, where have we seen this picture or markings before????

Jacko

Attachments

• indes 12.jpg
    indes 12.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,420

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri
I have to point out something here. Not meaning to rain on your parade Jacko, or discredit you in any way--but either there's a lot of stuff that's just your imagination, or there are things there I don't see. I could be way off but the obvious is all that is there. That's my two cents for this morning...

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know next to nothing about Spanish or Native American symbols....but....

Is that a little colour on the right side of your pic?

;)

Attachments

• colour.JPG
    colour.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,407

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri
Yeah seriously! My eyes triggered on that before I saw the carvings the first time I saw the picture I think! :) Personally, I think I would have overlooked the carvings and reguarded them as coiincidence and that rock would have been broken into tiny pieces picking out the gold or something. I have this image of myself in such a situation in my head...it's pretty scary. Maybe it'll be better if I never discover gold, I may have to commit myself! :o

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Snee --- Your not the first to say about my imagination or can't see what I see. Some people don't see shapes in clouds others do, the same goes here. I have posted pictures and some people see things in MY pictures that I don't see for a long time or may never see it. but, that doesn't mean it's not there.
If you copy this picture and put it in the paint shop and enlarge it you should see at least one other marking. some are so fine it's hard to see unles you change the colors and still can't make them out. I'll go back and paitn it now I have a little time. Some spots are so little, it's really hard to tell from any picture. What needs to be done is pour flour or baby apowder over the rocks and lightly blow the powder away and should leave a nice picture of what's there.

Jacko

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
JACKO said:
Nuggetfinder--- It's later here so don't have time to paint picture but, will tomorrow. Yes the Spanish were in the Bradshaws. If you have the coor. go to topozone dot.com for a ar ireal phot and zoom in,. There are a lot a pictographs around cleator you can't miss them. One is of a tea kettle. Big and black shadows.
Seems there is a small turtle just to the right of the eagle little head pointing upwards. If you can get back there faily easy take more of a panorama view when there are shadows. there are more markings but hard to trell what they are from first pictures.
My hunting buddy till he moved was Bumble Bee Jack

? ?Jacko
Hey Jocko I am working that area that you have justed wrote about Buck

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri
Jacko-- Really, again, I'm not saying you're hallucinating or anything. I'm just stating that other than what's obvious there, I've tried looking at the things you saw and I saw rock. But perhaps there are and you do. The best of luck on whoever wishes to decipher these clues--

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Here's the picture painted.

1) Might be large turtle head, can't tell with 1/2 gone

2) small turtle, no legs may have tail

3) a heart, with something in center can't make it out and can't see it in this photo

4) this dark area has 5-6 symboles in it

5) looks like a long ridge and has sykboles written on it

6) 3 triangles put together, each is different color. Don't know why I put a ring around it. It means nothing

7) cat face, and I covered up the dogs eye while painting. the dogs nose points to the right.

8) another shadow of cat or owl

the wings of the bird---- at the tip of each are not really connected to line going down. which would make it a "T" the lines going down show a grayish line but when enlarged inside the gray area is a dark line that is broken and looks like a snake, with head down. Under the left wing is what looks like a ladder with 2 rungs. the mark under the right wing, can't make out. the head of bird has 3/4 different shapes of pointers at top going down to the right and the left side can't see picture but has one for sure and maybe a second one. Hope I didn't forget anything.

Jacko

Attachments

• indes 12.jpg
    indes 12.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 1,342

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
To me it looks more like Indian markers more than spanish markers but don't quote me as for there is quite a bit to be learned also I have seen those markers some where before so enjoy being out of doors who knows maybe ya find a pot of gold :D Buck

AzSports

Feb 16, 2005
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's Gold Master, Garrett Infinium
I must be the nuts one, but it looks like graffiti to me. I mean, those are English characters, right?

My guess is somebody already cleaned up the beers cans.

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
try these;;;;;;;; the largest carving,word,symbol being most likely the key..this is the word '' haylo''..this could be a corruption of the'' halo'', which is over an angels head.......scramble the letters in'' haylo'', and you have'' holy'', with the A as a pointer, as in ''go-to-at''.................the symbol at top may be a thunderbird meaning, sacred symbol, sacred place.......it could also be a cross of sorts with two threes or two Es pointing down...under these are two dots, each meaning ''one'', as in 'on the first day god created water'..meaning two springs or wells, possibly covered over by dirt or rock by looking at the E or 3 symbols on the cross.........may also mean mirrow image as in the reflection from water or a mirrow,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the 7 could be a Y in spanish, which might be a fork in the road/river/trail..,, or it could also mean a camp/resting place as in 'on the 7th day god rested'................the cactus may be a pointer{slim chance}, it may also be a symbol for man if turned upside down....could also mean look for this cactus further on the trail, as marker, or more symbols on it.....................just my best interpretations of each symbol as they are printed in books........., arrange as you see fit........and good luck..........gldhntr

OP
OP
N

NUGGETFINDER

Oct 26, 2005
Snee, Jacko, Boomer, Gldhntr,

Thanks for all the cool links and opinion. I am not sure what these symbols mean, but would like to know. One thing is for sure there is gold all around this hill and if I was a Spanish explorer and skilled prospector I would check this area out real well upon first sight. Just by seeing the geology of this country would cause you to dig and check for gold. I have to assume that the Spanish had some real educated heads that knew a little bit about "Gold Geology" and would not pass up a good investigation for gold or silver minerals in this area if they saw it. The Geology of gold bearing country is rather consistant throughout the world and most likely would be recognized by any experienced and successful prospector. Knowing gold bearing geology has to be learned. Like I said before, I personally have found gold nuggets in the area. The etching in the rock appear to be rather old. I have seen native american etchings in this region that are at least 700 years old and in better condition than this glyph. I think that the preservation of this glyph is due to its attitude towards the rotation of the sun.

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
I think that I saw those photos on the nuggetshooter forum a few months back Just don't remember just when ??? Buck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread