nothing but monkey business

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Whats up this? A racist slur by the spanish or something else? I read of a find of a pottery helmet in Az i think. It was made of many pieces laced together, but resembled somewhat this monkey helmet. That reference seems not to be available anymore.

It was the only reference i could find in regards to pottery helmets in the usa.

Are monkeys spanish or is this much older...... I'm thinking a bit older. He is facing south generally. And well.looks like yoda showed up too in upper left. Yoda or an India demon or perhaps mesoamerican or just natural. I've got a feeling many things in this area were defaced and reused by the Spanish.

By the way..the pointer points down a major trail and likely has other road map type of meaning too.

Post your monkeys and apes and we will get a barrel of monkeys!

whataboutthemonkeys.jpg

Lost Horse

Nov 3, 2008
Apes -
Here is a Marker I ran across that I will share with you

Lost Horse

Attachments

• Ape Face Marker 01.JPG
    Ape Face Marker 01.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 438
  • Ape Face Marker 02.JPG
    Ape Face Marker 02.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 443

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Here is a face I have posted several times,
It is on the top edge of a cliff some 150 feet from the bottom,
from the chin it is 45 - 50 feet farther to the top.
Look at the size of the trees.
I don't claim this to be Spanish, in fact quite the opposite.
But Yes.
Someone hung over the edge to carve it.
we found no sign of any scaffolding, LOL

The only way to get a picture of this is to climb to the top of the other side.

Attachments

• crossbow 08.2 002.jpg
    crossbow 08.2 002.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 390
  • indexCAFZTUUD.jpg
    indexCAFZTUUD.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 274
  • crossbow 08.2 002.jpg
    crossbow 08.2 002.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 384
  • indexCAFZTUUD.jpg
    indexCAFZTUUD.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 260
OP
OP
desertmoons

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Wow thank you all for posting. Very interesting! Or down right funny..hehehe.

Peeber... what else do you have stashed away? Your avatar was quite interesting!

Here is a couple more. The first..it may not look like much but when i glanced up from the trail my first thought was - oh there's another monkey head wearing a helmet...sort of like the big one.

rshmonkey2.jpg

The next picture i did not take but found on the net. It is in Az. Not sure if that is natural or a monkey/ape. This picture to me looks like there is a lot going on. A whole lot. I think in upper right you've got a couple of hatted figures with a sword or lance or boot? . They are standing or above a figure with what looks like a head dress on. That figure is laying and the two .....victors.... standing.

Not sure though.

azmonkeysd.jpg

Well just looked at it in negative and i am leaning toward carved.
azmonkeyneg.jpg

OP
OP
desertmoons

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Good catch..what about that guy :)..looks like a sitting bird to me. Not to get to far off the subject but there are other interesting things at this site, at least from the picture.

The one line of the sitting ape seems to have 3 drills holes in it. And other things i wonder about.

Here is the whole picture. If you want a blow up..just email me. To me it looks lie a site that mixes old and new.

Attachments

• az800monkmu.jpg
    az800monkmu.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 270

okey dokey

Mar 23, 2009
Muskogee
The Spanish (or others) allegedly repelled down the face of this cliff/mountain and purposely chiseled a monkey wearing a helmet from a boulder?

If they can do what they did at Petra around the time of Christ any rough looking facial rocks are a possibility.

Attachments

• royal_tombs.jpg
    royal_tombs.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 223

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread