California signs from stage robbers?

Inform

Greenie
May 3, 2009
This is a rookie question, but I cannot seem to find any proof of signs other than Jesse James marks, during stage robbery era.

In western sierra mtns, California, did ANY one use rock carvings? Murrietta? Stage robbers? Jesuits? Anyone, other than native Indian tribes?

I am curious to see pics of anything in the gold rush areas of Cali...I am in Nevada City/Grass Valley CA, and this forum has really been an 'eye-opener!"

I wondered if Murrietta was in this area, or others, I certainly have found some interesting spots that I cannot seem to figure out why or what they are...but haven't yet looked for markings, but I will now!

ANY input would be appreciated, whether pics, reference reading etc , to show that there are found markings of any kind here..

Thanks!

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
inform, i have found it useful to google, flickr or picassa search images for what you are looking for in that area. From time to time you will find images that are rather illuminating. Change up your search words for related concepts.

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Thom,
Thx.... I can't wait to head with Bruce again ( after snake season ;D ;D ;D ) and explore the cave to see if the story has any " teeth ' to it...

PLL

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
pegleglooker said:
Hi Thom,
Thx.... I can't wait to head with Bruce again ( after snake season ;D ;D ;D ) and explore the cave to see if the story has any " teeth ' to it...

PLL

Let me know either way.
I'm hoping you have great success .
either way it sounds like a hoot.

Thom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread