OP
OP
exiledangel

exiledangel

Apr 17, 2009
Commerce City, CO
SWR said:
Nice pictures.

What I see are natural rock formations and natural erosion due to the elements. I cannot see anything that displays manmade workmanship.

Very possible, and I hope that a few more trips out there will determine that. Really there are only two choices, man made or natural (that makes it easier! ;D ), although I am leaning more towards man made with all of the possible chisel markings and the perfectly shaped triangular hole that has been filled in and caliched. Also, on the compass rock I think I see a cross and a triangle carved into it as well as a N. This may just be a trick of the light too though, further inspection is called for. Thank you for your input SWR.

OP
OP
exiledangel

exiledangel

Apr 17, 2009
Commerce City, CO
Leones Corazon said:
Good stuff ya got there on the front range. We have a ton of the same thing here on the western slope....

DW
Thank you Leones. I was hoping to go up this weekend and get some more definitive proof, but alas it was not to be! Those Spaniards were some pretty busy folks from what I can tell. I sure love the history, adventure and plain old getting out into the mountains to look around. Perhaps I will wander over that direction one day, who knows, pretty big state to search!

Leones Corazon

Mar 26, 2006
Grand Junction Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808
Equinox 800
Go Find 60
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll give you a hint right now....stone heads,animals etc....start thinkin way back...phoencians etc.
Got something carved into the rock with iron and its deep....spanish.
Just my 2 cents.

DW

OP
OP
exiledangel

exiledangel

Apr 17, 2009
Commerce City, CO
Leones Corazon said:
I'll give you a hint right now....stone heads,animals etc....start thinkin way back...phoencians etc.
Got something carved into the rock with iron and its deep....spanish.
Just my 2 cents.

DW
Thank you, I appreciate your advice and the advice of all that I have received so far!

rigmover2307

Apr 20, 2009
bloomfield nm
exiledangel said:
OK, first picture is of what I believe is a horse shoe trail marker. What do you think?
that marker bears a striking resemblance to this one in size and method of production. in the case of this one however the items in question were dug up and removed a few yards away. not by myself unfortunatly but still fun to solve the puzzle

005circle small.jpg

Attachments

• 005circle small.jpg
    005circle small.jpg
    457.5 KB · Views: 500
OP
OP
exiledangel

exiledangel

Apr 17, 2009
Commerce City, CO
rigmover2307 said:
exiledangel said:
OK, first picture is of what I believe is a horse shoe trail marker. What do you think?
that marker bears a striking resemblance to this one in size and method of production. in the case of this one however the items in question were dug up and removed a few yards away. not by myself unfortunatly but still fun to solve the puzzle
The carving style indeed looks identical. I went up today to have a look at it and it is now gone! Don't know if someone took it, or rolled it down the mountain, but it is not there now. And that sucker looked like it had sat there for a long time too!

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
You know exiled..i had a similar experience with a site i posted here. Sadly i posted a nice little heart.....when i went back to take better pics...it was definitely gone.

Been keeping my eyes open for varmits ever since.

Its sad really as i think in my case there was nothing left to recover. Piece of history gone.

Though some may recognize the areas i post...I never give out any more detailed info on their location than the state sometimes...to anybody. Not too worried as the main site area has been well picked over and somewhat protected too.
More of a trail and history hunter here. But hate to see it vandalized.

Greed brings out the worse .... but at least here I've met some nice people i would trust. Just be careful.

It may have rolled down or you may have not been able to find it again. Heh..gps helps a lot in that regards.

But if you find something smaller like that..measure it out and get the angles just in case.

OP
OP
exiledangel

exiledangel

Apr 17, 2009
Commerce City, CO
desertmoons said:
You know exiled..i had a similar experience with a site i posted here. Sadly i posted a nice little heart.....when i went back to take better pics...it was definitely gone.

Been keeping my eyes open for varmits ever since.

Its sad really as i think in my case there was nothing left to recover. Piece of history gone.

Though some may recognize the areas i post...I never give out any more detailed info on their location than the state sometimes...to anybody. Not too worried as the main site area has been well picked over and somewhat protected too.
More of a trail and history hunter here. But hate to see it vandalized.

Greed brings out the worse .... but at least here I've met some nice people i would trust. Just be careful.

It may have rolled down or you may have not been able to find it again. Heh..gps helps a lot in that regards.

But if you find something smaller like that..measure it out and get the angles just in case.

I hear you! I dont think it had anything to do with posting it here, the picture could have never told it's location to anyone and it wasnt near the other pictures. I did have it gps'd and I double checked it. I would hope that it wasn't out right ignorance and vandalism that made it go away. We are in the middle of sprin run off out here, and the trail it was on is getting a lot of wash out, so perhaps, it was just it's time to go, sad though! :'(

minetres

Mar 13, 2008
Wow what a site you have a good one there stick with it. Animals were used a lot by the Spanish and are most of the time looking at the hidden mine or treasure. Look in the direction they are looking try and see what they are. This site could take a very long time to figure out but it is a real site.

Minetres

OP
OP
exiledangel

exiledangel

Apr 17, 2009
Commerce City, CO
minetres said:
Wow what a site you have a good one there stick with it. Animals were used a lot by the Spanish and are most of the time looking at the hidden mine or treasure. Look in the direction they are looking try and see what they are. This site could take a very long time to figure out but it is a real site.

Minetres

Thank you for the words of encouragement minetres! :icon_thumleft: I am going to follow it to it's ultimate end, be it treasure or knowledge, I'm in.

OP
OP
exiledangel

exiledangel

Apr 17, 2009
Commerce City, CO
I havent been back up in this area for awhile, have been looking at a new area and doing a ton of prospecting. I hope to get out that way again real soon though

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread