Treasure Signs and Symbols 101

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Rangler I worked a site along the north side of Red River just south of Terrell Ok the boulder was about waist high ans 6 feet long with a 10 inch cross carved 1" deep, the north arm was broken in the carving indicating three directions to be followed East / West / South, nothing toward the North which is another form of a triangle or the start of another trail, The trail south was followed and the other end had a Triangle with 5 backward 7's across the top, the triangle had a dot in the center, the 5 7's indicated 5 cache sites in that direction, distance of the trail from Red River to the triangle was 12 miles gotta go

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010
Just dropping in to say hi to Rangler. We're still working on our site, learning, and enjoying the process.

charliejr

Jan 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm, you are right on top of Mason and KGC land partner.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While letters and codes seem to be the norm here, is there any room for other study? I look for the beauty of the trail. KISS is a acronym that means Keep It Simple. I have taken a lighter look at things and have taken a beating for it. I am not looking for drama or argumentative folks. We may disagree on things, but I wont engage whether who is right or wrong. I learned the trail by going out and hunting, and not treasure sites. I would like to share some of that knowledge, its up to you folks if you believe it or not. I am blessed with a area rich in history and sign, what hasnt been destroyed yet. I wont mark photos, you either see it or you dont. I wont comment if I am unsure, some get upset about this. If you want to kick a random idea around, you have to be specific. I am no expert, just have some interesting finds. My interest is in Jusuit, Templar teachings. I also look at old treasure legends and try to find the lost treasure. Rangler, you took a dislike to me over a alien shot I did, I was making fun but you didnt seem to allow fun at the point. Would you care to add me to this thread, or will you block me as you did before. No matter to me, I like active groups. I found the pick by the way Rangler.

charliejr

Jan 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casca, you are alright. You are no more crazy than the rest of us. Heck, if any of us could get along, no telling what we would find -including Rangler. Knowledge in one hand, and what we got in the other -if any. But, sometimes knowledge can be worse than the 'green-eyed monster'. I agree with you that we all have something to contribute -if we can get over our ego, vanity, and pride.

But, like I said, you are all alright. We are all alright, but, if we could get along, aside from the mumbo-jumbo, who knows what we could do -together.

I think in some ways, that is why many left Tnet, other than the obvious site change ups. But, many folks wanted to be all-knowing, and all wise, but wisdom that came with no certainty or proof to back it up. If we could work together, who knows.

Don't worry Casca, you are alright.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Charliejr. I know I am a noob, think that gets me a lil farther than the experts. Im slow and fat which makes me stop and examine a area more closely. I have a limited amount of time I can be out there and have to use it to the most. I really dont know how I am finding stuff right now, but I am. I just seem to know where to go. It could be Im using the pack trails. I enjoy the post from everyone, and when I do post, I seem to flood the forum. But I like to be sure as I can be before I speak. Since Im in armchair mode today, I am verifying what I have and planing my next trip. Research is important, and I can usually pull a few twigs of knowledge from this site.

charliejr

Jan 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem Casca, hey we are all lookin forda impossible, really. Trail findn aint that hard until we mix inda symbol mumbo jumbo, but most of it is strait forward, mixed with a dose of cleverness. Hell, you may be slow and fat, I'm just fat, bald, and ugly. But, it doesn't stop us from doin explor'n. Yep, I'm tryin plan my owl lil expedition. Honestly, it takes as much plan'n as it does bust'n foot ta dirt.

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
20120415_203151-1.jpg face rock, on side there's an eye, nose, mouth, chin. Ps. Anyone know anything about backwards 13. Thanks Justintime 8-) The,backwards 13 SEEMS to be the symbol,of the group who hid the treasure. Clockwise one click.

nuggetgopher

Tenderfoot
Aug 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody have any idea what these eye shapes might mean, the oak is fairy large and there are few coyote holes within feet "drift mines" wich are from the 1840's or so

Attachments

• 2411292490102596029gTGIpj_fs.jpg
    2411292490102596029gTGIpj_fs.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 453
Last edited:

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Nicejob Rangler,
For years I've been searching,for the Beale Treasure. Upon finding location, this one of the markers,which match my map. THANKs,, ,

At the top of the ,DOI-Key, there are the initials T.J.B.. Bottom pic from quote. Top pic of rock marker, had JB, the other marker rock had JB, in the middle,20ft from each, in a triangle,or three fingers,so to say. Is were I located the Trock 20121125_120308-1.jpg then dropped into seven foot tri markers. 20120415_203151-2.jpg and the other when I first found it. 20120415_201554-1.jpg Thanks Justintime

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the top of the ,DOI-Key, there are the initials T.J.B.. Bottom pic from quote. Top pic of rock marker, had JB, the other marker rock had JB, in the middle,20ft from each, in a triangle,or three fingers,so to say. Is were I located the Trock\]

Looks like "JE5/JES/2IE5/2JZ3" or a combination of those

Attachments

• 20120415_203151-2.jpg
    20120415_203151-2.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 703
Last edited:

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks, cool imaging of the rock. Never thought about rocks under different filters. Good idea. Maybe it would help to make for a better understanding. I noticed, some things are more visible in photos. Justintime

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, cool imaging of the rock. Never thought about rocks under different filters. Good idea. Maybe it would help to make for a better understanding. I noticed, some things are more visible in photos. Justintime

Depth translates to variating degrees of shade which translates to pixel groups which one could isolate using different computer programs. It often reveals information hidden by time. I suggest taking pictures with a camera rated with highest pixel count.

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks, I will usernotfound. Justintime

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been dealing with the whole lights and,filters,ect. dealing with writing on the map. Now,I going to apply to rocks.lol.. We'll see. Thanks Justintime

trailrider

Dec 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
garret gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 679795 face rock, on side there's an eye, nose, mouth, chin. Ps. Anyone know anything about backwards 13. Thanks Justintime 8-) The,backwards 13 SEEMS to be the symbol,of the group who hid the treasure. Clockwise one click.

Read a different tread on this site and it stated that the number '' 13 '' is the sign of the owl of the '' Minerva '', [ the secret society of the Jesuits ]. The 13th letter of the alphabet is the letter ''M''.

trailrider

Dec 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
garret gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read a different tread on this site and it stated that the number '' 13 '' is the sign of the owl of the '' Minerva '', [ the secret society of the Jesuits ]. The 13th letter of the alphabet is the letter ''M''.

They also stated: that a ''W'' was just an upside ''M''. It looks like you have a ''W'' carved on the bottom right area of your marker. And it could also mean to look for other markers out in direction of the 90 degree opening in the bottom of the shape from the center of the ''W''. The shadow number to the left of the ''W'' could be a number one, plus top of number ''1'' could be a directional marker. It looks like you have another carving within a carving, from the inside bottom of the ''W'' to the dark line above it. Look at it sideways. Above the dark line, close to it, looks like a fine lined ''W''. IMAG0009 (4).JPG The fine lined ''W'' on the top right area of your marker reminds me of this marker with the ''W''. Or maybe the number ''1'' carving has two meanings. The long section of the number ''1'' could be a directional degree notch. Follow the notch degrees out ''1'' something? Just letting my imagination run wild, just guessing. Good luck with the hunt! trailrider

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Ryder, Would like to here more bout the owl, who are jesuits, thanks Justintime

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread