I THINK I FOUND A SPANISH TREASURE HEART SIGN.....

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
Hello everyone, hope all is well. I think this may be a spanish heart sign but am not sure.
Looks like its been chizzled or worked on with tools because pieces of the rock are
scattered several feet away from the rock. That's what makes me think it's not a natural
formation because rain and wind wont cause the pieces to break off several feet from the
rock and be scattered.

Found in a remote area in the desert of CA.

Did the spanish come through california? Here's the pics, on some I traced around the
heart with a black marker so you could see it better. I want to know your opinions on this
one guys.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 5,706
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 5,454
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 5,559
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 5,343
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 5,377
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 5,423
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 5,323

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Yes the Spanish came through and settled most of california
They were there for close to 300 years.
I would supose that is where so many Spanish names for everything came from.

Your heart looks pretty fresh to me,
I really can't say.
Have you looked at the area in question to see if there are other signs?
that would be a clincher.

Otherwise I will defer to Rangler as he is in your corner of the country.

OP
OP
AIORIA

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
Old dog, thanks for the reply and to answer your question, the area has many large boulders and is next to a large hill with huge boulders all over the place. I searched the area about 2 hours ago and I did find what look like more signs like a small heart but am not sure if its natural, and what looks like a boulder in the shape of a turtle's head looking straight up into the sky a few feet away from the little heart shaped rock. I kept searching all over that hill and as I was headed towards a super large boulder about a quarter mile away, that I wanted to look at and see if there were signs, I heard coyotes howling away in the distance.

I didn't think anything of it until I heard more howling from the opposite direction and then I heard many of them howling and the howls were getting closer. I knew they were trying to surround me and I started running as fast as I could to my car! Luckily at that very moment a young kid was riding his quad up the hill and on the same trail I was on. When I was about 20 yards away from my car I heard a coyote growl very close to me and I was running so hard and fast for my life. Then at that moment the noise of the quad was loud enough to scare them away.

When I got to my car I looked back and didn't see anything. I never actually saw them, and the one that was on my tail, I never turned around to look cause I was so scared and "in a hurry" as you can imagine. I thanked my Lord and savior Jesus Christ of Nazareth because I know it wasn't a coincidence that the kid with the 4 wheeler happened to come just in time to save my life. I had prayed before I went out there and asked for protection from harm. Had it not been for God's protection, I would be DEAD at this very moment and coyotes would be finishing off my corpse.

Now, about the treasure signs, I didn't take my camera with me today, but I plan on going back. This time with a partner and a shotgun and I'll take pictures of all the things that look like signs or markers. God bless.

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
Aioria
Welcome to the Tnet Forum...thanks for posting your picture
....seems you had quite an adventure, and some good exercise.
in additon to a religious experience at the same time, ah isnt life grand!

You should have turned and looked , coyotes do like to howl, to assemble their
clans together, but they dont have ANY interest in you as you are too high
on the food chain for them... they spook easily and are wary of humans.

Too many have taken pop shots at them!! So they are gun (people) shy.
No need for the shotgun unless you want to hunt some quail to eat.

Coyotes are cousins to - but not wolves. Coyotes start out eating bugs
and work their way up to rodents,lizards, birds, young mammals, carrion
and occasional rabbit if the hunting pair can trap one..other than that,
their only danger is to attract domestic dogs with the scent of a coyote in
heat, and lure the dog to the desert and again
attack it with the hunting pair and other siblings..once they are full with
a fresh kill, they find a high rocky point and howl at the moon, telling the world
what a trickster they really are!!
~~~
The heart does not have the typical tell tale sign of the Spanish/Jesuits
with out other confirmation marks, it leaves this one suspect. And if you
found the chips around the rock somewhere than means it is fresh....as
Old Dog suggested... as the chips from this chiseling would have long
vanished thru the centuries of storms, rain, wind and erosion..

Perhaps someone was fooling around and tried to leave his mark for some
unknown reason...doesn't matter really - it is not a treasure sign in my humble
opinion.
Sorry keep searching, keep taking pics, when you find something
interesting, just post it here, and we will be glad to give you an honest assessment!
keep on looking and we invite you to read the many great posts here and
learn along with us....
rangler

OP
OP
AIORIA

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
Thank you very much Rangler. I appreciate your informative reply. I'll be heading out today at around 4pm to the same spot and take some pics of the other possible signs. I'll post the pics here in about a day or so.

P.S I forgot to mention that I found a wooden pole that had a picture of a guy named bobby and a message on it that read: "WE LOVE AND MISS YOU BOBBY AND YOU ARE ALWAYS ALIVE IN OUR HEARTS" TODAY ON YOUR 37th BIRTHDAY, LOVE MOM AND DAD.

I guess this poor fella died in that same area or something back in 2008 because that was the date on the message. I found this after the scary flight from the coyotes. It got me wondering if maybe this guy was out there alone like me, and maybe he was killed by the coyotes? By what you say I guess they wouldn't attack a human, but after going through the experience, I truly believe that those things would have eaten me, as hungry as they were......

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
AIORIA ,

After reading the rest of your thread I have reached a logical assumtion about your heart.
I am sure others as well have reached it...

it was probably carved by a berieved family member or friend of this Bobby.
If you do find other signs I will be willing to bet that they will not be associated with this one.
It is part of a homespun memorial.

OP
OP
AIORIA

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
Old Dog, I would of thought the same thing. Only thing is that the heart in the picture is about half a mile away from the hill which is the area were I found the memorial and the other signs. I will be heading out there in about 2 hours......

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
AIORIA said:
Old Dog, I would of thought the same thing. Only thing is that the heart in the picture is about half a mile away from the hill which is the area were I found the memorial and the other signs. I will be heading out there in about 2 hours......

Just for standard information...
the best time of day to photograph signs and symbols is from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm after that the waning sun casts different shadows than needed to read the signs. and many won't even show up.
Just so you know.

OP
OP
AIORIA

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
The following pictured signs are in the same area of about a 50 foot radius. The little memorial left for Bobbe is about a quarter mile away from these signs and I do not believe it has anyhting to do with the heart or these signs/marks.

Here are the pics. I will post up a video I took of the same area so you can better see were all the signs are located. I'll post it once I find out how to upload it to youtube in HIGH QUALITY. I tried yesterday but the quality was horrible.

Attachments

• T2.jpg
    T2.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 5,687
  • T6.jpg
    T6.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 5,139
  • T4.jpg
    T4.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 5,125
  • T3.jpg
    T3.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 5,258
  • T1.jpg
    T1.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 5,318
  • T7.jpg
    T7.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 5,076
  • T8.jpg
    T8.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 5,063
  • T9.jpg
    T9.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 5,049
  • T10.jpg
    T10.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 4,973
  • T5.jpg
    T5.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 4,982
  • T11.jpg
    T11.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 4,990
  • T2.jpg
    T2.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 5,274
  • T1.jpg
    T1.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 5,137
  • T3.jpg
    T3.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 5,041
  • T9.jpg
    T9.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 5,001
  • T8.jpg
    T8.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 4,978
  • T7.jpg
    T7.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 4,974
  • T6.jpg
    T6.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 5,074
  • T4.jpg
    T4.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 5,011
  • T10.jpg
    T10.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 4,888
  • T11.jpg
    T11.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 4,885
  • T5.jpg
    T5.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 4,911
OP
OP
AIORIA

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
Here's the video in pretty good quality. There are 3 other things that look like marks or carvings that I did not take pictures of but they are in the video. First one is in the beginning as i'm walking towards the site and I turn to look left on a rock that has a big "X" across it.

The other one is a close up of the small rock with an x carved on it that is located on the top of the turtles head close to the nose of it.

I think there is also a boulder with 3 carved dashes on the vid that is not pictured but all these are on the video. Let me know if you think these may be real treasure signs or if im just going a bit out of my head here, LOL.

Thanks everyone, in advance for your replies.... GOD BLESS.

P.S Make sure you click the HQ button to watch in even better quality.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Hi Bob,
I agree I saw a few flaggstone leaners and flat stone type pointers that should be looked at closer.
There is a wedged stone at 1.24 as well as a pair of placed stones on the top of the curved backed .
The leaners at 4:53 were of interest to me as well.

AIORIA
All in all a fine video.
But open it up more and linger on the small things that aren't natural.
The flat stones that are put in places where flat stones don't naturally occur.
Placed stones on top of the large ones that had to have help getting where they are.
Open the mind a bit and really look at more than mother nature made.

There are a lot of good questionable things in this picture.
it is a puzzle,
you must put the pieces together.

goldguru

Aug 24, 2005
Nice vid.
sure looked like a Hoyo @ about 1.20m just after you fingered the outline on the rock.
its in the upper RH of the frame as You move away.

OP
OP
AIORIA

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
Thank you all for your replies. Old Dog, I'll keep what you said in mind next time I get out there. For sure I will check that area again with a lot more scrutiny. There may be much more here than I bargained for, but am not an expert to pick it all up and put it all together in one day.

I will look farther away from that place and look closer to the hill, and I am sure that if in actuality those signs in the vid, were made by the spaniards, then there should be others on that hill.... I hope. If I can find a definitive marker or sign that no doubtedly was made by the spaniards, then that will confirm the previous "signs" that were found. Once I have something conclusive, I will let you guys know.

I'll keep you guys updated and post more pics as I get them from my search. I appreciate all of you for your help and replies. May God Bless You All and Keep You.

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
Great video! I give it two thumbs up as well. I felt that I was there ,
the music score was chosen well.

Moreover, I feel the rock outcropping is a creation of man, with mixed
natural elements as well. It absolutely exhibits man made manipulation,
along side of normal weathering from Mother Nature.

All of the characteristics you would expect to see on rocks that have
been worked into subtle treasure signs - by the Spanish - that only the
well trained eye can see.. these have stood for hundreds of years.

Looking forward to you -keeping us posted - in your adventures in the future!
your friend
rangler

ps I specially liked seeing confirmation hoyo on frame 1:18 - Awesome! ( good catch there goldguru!!)

OP
OP
AIORIA

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
Rangler, so from your expertise, do you believe that these signs are defenitley treasure signs made by the spanish? If so, what exactly made you come to this conclusion? What things in the pics and vid do you think are true signs?

The sign on the boulder that I outlined with my finger has to be man made. It doesn't look natural and it looks like an eye or something. I wish I knew what it meant......

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
AIORIA said:
The sign on the boulder that I outlined with my finger has to be man made. It doesn't look natural and it looks like an eye or something. I wish I knew what it meant......

Be absolutely sure about all treasure signs,
It will save you a lot of time and leg work. Especially if you are wrong.
If you are sure, (only you can make that distinction) go for it.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,149002.0.html
Post #10

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Wow.,.what a great video. Though at 5:01 thought...

"NOOOOOOO...don't step on the turtle head....." :o :o :o

That is....if it is a turtle head. The flaking away of rock reminds me of things I see. It is taking a while to feel confident in what is natural and what is artificial.If you are starting out don't leap to conclusions! A lot of natural rock looks artificial to me.

For flaking rock i think i have a better handle on it..somewhat. Confirmation...usually in terms of rock shape i guess... is nice.

I'm no expert though! This is just my opinion and subject to change,

Here are some examples...

One the left artificially carved ...bird and turtle. On the FAR right mostly if not all natural.

The darker cleft in the right rock we will ignore...as i just do not know and very likely imgaination.
But the far right of that rock natural in my book. The flaking seems a lot more random that the left side.

Overall note that the rock the bird and turtle is on has been clearly shaped and also carved.

IMG_3365artvsnat.jpg

IMG_3365artvsnat2.jpg

Here is another example of what i consider artificial carving that looks like flaking.
A bear. Again to me..the rock shape, what the bear is roaring at, and other things confirm it.

IMG_4988.JPG

So.... my advice would be to give yourself time, looks at lots of rocks so your eye becomes accustomed to what is real and what is not.Slow waaay down and sit and ponder things. Relax... take a good long look. Let the mind go at ease. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread