Third Times the Charm! Treasure Signs

Ecominer

Banned
Mar 20, 2003
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III; Garrett Master Hunter;2009 Minelab Explorer SE Pro; Quantro Discovery Land Tone Magetometer 1A;
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some recent finds that may help you and also me. Has anyone seen these signs previously, and if so, do you know what they mean? I have some good ideas, but as usual I will have to go back and check them with a detector (that you never seem to have handy when you need one).

The two cross pictures are about twenty feet apart, and the horse is about 100 feet away.

Thanks,

Ecominer

Attachments

• 3 Crosses.JPG
    3 Crosses.JPG
    361.4 KB · Views: 931
  • Cross.JPG
    Cross.JPG
    321.9 KB · Views: 1,290
  • Horse.JPG
    Horse.JPG
    352.4 KB · Views: 780
OP
OP
Ecominer

Ecominer

Banned
Mar 20, 2003
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III; Garrett Master Hunter;2009 Minelab Explorer SE Pro; Quantro Discovery Land Tone Magetometer 1A;
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Third Times the Charm! Treasure Signs-One More Time

That first picture should look like this.

Attachments

• 3 Crosses.JPG
    3 Crosses.JPG
    238.7 KB · Views: 769

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
I'm no expert.

The first cross is interesting. At first i thought...well you will need to go down a slope, hill or whatever and likely it will be to your right. That's the basic "lines may follow topography" that has been illustrated many times and many places out on the net and in various forums. The softer carving at the end of the sloping line may be another topo rendering of a hill or something.

There is a robed figure too that can be seen farther up.

But it seems like the upper left arms of it are very deeply incised compared to the rest. There is meaning in that I am sure. But don't ask me what..because i do not know :)
Unless it is just the shadows doing that.

The twohorned fellow in the cleft seems to show up a lot out my way. Two Horn can be an indian sign and it may also be a sign for something else.. something astronomical or chemical... i seem to recall seeing that shape before in a book and it was related to one of those two areas. I have my own theory on another meaning..but it is not proven.

Wonderful signs!

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Tom, the 'three crosses' carvings are a typical Mexican Jesus thing - commonly found at thousands of sites across the southwest. It's even the symbol of New Mexico's second largest city, Las Cruces. The embellished center cross is for Jesus. Is it a treasure sign? Probably not, but I have seen it carved near the entrances of a large number of old mines in the SW as a 'bless the miners' offering, similar to shrines erected for the same reason. The crosses on the photos were well-done and deeply cut, so whoever created them was definitely motivated - for what reason we don't know, but remember, Mexicans are historically good Catholics. The horse is nicely executed too, but it looks like a different hand may have done the work. No great shakes here, IMO, but an interesting find nonetheless. If you insist it's a 'treasure sign', keep poking around - MD-ing the area wouldn't hurt. Ignore the 'two-horned' nonsence. Life's too short.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
I agree with Springfield here,
Not treasure signs.
The hores as it is pictured is a Mexican miners sign. But it is a trail sign.
Follow the horse's noise to possibly find more signs.

Thom

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Good thing i am no expert or i would have egg all over my face! :D

Thanks for setting things straight Springfield and Thom.

Good luck with the hunting :)

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
desertmoons said:
Good thing i am no expert or i would have egg all over my face! :D

Thanks for setting things straight Springfield and Thom.

Good luck with the hunting :)

My advice is to apply Occam's Razor to all the interesting occurances, natural and manmade, you discover in the field. The more you learn, the more you realize that there is nearly always a simple and logical answer to your discoveries. For example, most natural formations that resemble faces, animals, etc. are just that. Manmade signs (carvings, cairns, tree blazes, bent trees, etc.) were done for a large variety of reasons too lengthy to list here. Yes, there are treasure signs out there too, but far, far fewer than you've been led to believe. Those who left said signs were pretty clever folks and you can bet that nobody posting solutions on this public forum and others has the knowledge to interpret their signs. Of course, you can discard my point of view and follow the pied piper if you insist.

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
Good call Dign
The horse is actually a Criollo bred of the Conquistadors - a hybrid of the
Barb and Andalusian horse breeds, brought here by Columbus himself,
after the expolosion of the Jesuits, this horse went wild, and was
captured by the Indians and the Gauchos in South America.
This particular horse is the Trademark of the Conquistadors and
lets the world know, it was them who made this sign.

Also I see a number 7 in the right ear, and an optical illusion in the
left ear, with a number 2 quite visible, then when you look at it from
a different angle you see the number "33" the Years of Christ!

I am wondering about the eye it self, it has a dot in the center of the
eyeball, kinda usual, and the eye lashes, seems these details where
quite unnecessary to convey the image of the horse...perhaps the
eye and dot are the sun symbol or the sign for gold...rays coming
off as the distance to the east !(?)

Very interesting set of Treasure Signs, I have seen the three crosses
before, and dont think they are Mexican mines signs at all... about
10 years ago someone posted same three cross symbol with the
center Cross on a lower elevation..on this particular set, there
is a eye catcher rock at the foot of the center cross..almost
looking like the head of a critter of some kind.
auriferiously
rangler

jesus

May 9, 2009
About crosses was my question in another topic this forum and the answer was gived by Rangler. In this topic Springfield sepeaks about the existence of crosses near the mine entrance in some places, used for workers.This put in my mind next: If I find a big carved cross like 2 meters tall, and another signs in around, would be near a mine entrance??,is possible?.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ecominer,

I have to agree with Springfield about only one thing: The horse looks like it was done by someone different than who engraved the crosses and star.

1. Crosses: The three crosses are representative of the crucifixion of Christ at Calvary. Christ's cross was in between those of two thieves (hence the highlighting of the center cross). If it is something other than a simple blessing, it likely means that there are three paths to follow. The way of Christ (center path/trail) is the correct course.

Luke 23:33 says, "And when they had come to the place called Calvary, there they crucified Him, and the criminals, one on the right hand and the other on the left"

2. Star: Notice that the solitary star is strongly radiated. This could mean that it represents the North Star. Another Bible reference. Follow in the footsteps of the Three Wise Men. They followed the brightest star in the sky to find the infant Jesus.

Most Spanish and early Mexican symboligy revolves around people, places, and stories in the Bible. One other thing that can throw you off is that they were speaking Spanish, and even though the engravings may be easily understood, some of the intricacies of how one word may have several meanings in Spanish may be lost in a literal translation.

For anyone hunting Spanish or Mexican Monuments and Markers, I recommend carrying one of these:

http://www.franklin.com/handhelds/bibles/

Best-Mike

OP
OP
Ecominer

Ecominer

Banned
Mar 20, 2003
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now, I had not thought about following the North Star idea previously. That sounds like a real possibility, since this is on a south facing wall. The horse is to the east, and a cliff wall is over the top of the hill.

Thanks for the idea.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions