New Tree

BangTango

Feb 24, 2009
OK ya'll I have found this tree. ( without the help of this Forum I would have never had any idea, except , " That it is weird", Well I Know, I know I don't have a pic yet, The wife knows how to do that I don't so...) The tree is over at least 100 yr old. and it splits into a v at about eight feet high. the split that goes to the right has a BIG stump ( if you call it that ) pointing down at a 45 degree angle. After that the tree grows straight up with the other part. I looked at the end of the stump and it looks like an " X " is carved into it. I have put my MD around the area and found some bottle caps close by But, when I detect the area where the stump from the tree points to I get a high pitch tone, shows as a Dollar sign on my MD. This is a Highly traffic area any Ideas or thoughts, How to proceed?? Oh, The Tree also looks like it had wire or rope,string to make it grow that way for the stump to face and point down.
Any help would be apperciated
Bang

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Hey Bang,
I can never advocate digging an unnessisary Hole,
especially one that produces nothing except the death of that cool tree.

What I suggest is to go and two box the area you think may be the place to dig.
Take a half dozen pictures and come back and post a photo and let us know how it went with the detector.

You gotta admit that sounds lots easier than digging holes.
Dig when you are sure. We have the technology that lets us do this.

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
Bang Tango, If you have a deep sound of metal close to the tree, and decide to dig. I wouldn't use a shovel, but get a good post hole digger and make a test hole down to what ever might be setting off your detecter! much quicker and less mess.

OP
OP
B

BangTango

Feb 24, 2009
Monk,
That sounds like a good idea. I have a post hole digger and I don't want to make a mess. It's just that this is a high traffic area and I'll need to be careful. Don't want someone coming around and saying, " Whatcha Doing ? ".
OD: I don't plan on just digging and hoping NOT to kill an old tree, I would never do that. That is why I posted here to get advice.
Thanks all, any more thoughts would be appreciated.
Bang

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread