New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
HOLA my amigo Springfield,
Thank you for remembering and asking - yes still making progress on it, now over eight years on one project. I had been feeling a bit embarrassed for taking SO long when a good fiction writer can crank out a novel in a week, but recently noticed that author Frederick Pohl took over 25 years writing "Atlantic Crossings Before Columbus" which is a very similar work. Probably if I spent as much time on it as I do blathering on Treasurenet, it would have been done years ago! :o ::) :-[ :D

I did contribute part of a work with many 'Alternative History' theories several years ago, covering only Carthage in a short version. That bit is online free at Google Books, if you are interested I will send you the link.

One major difference that I see is that I cannot agree with either the Isolationist theory who state that the Americas were in utter isolation from the end of the Ice Age to at least the arrival of the Norse, or that of the Diffusionists, who claim that vast fleets of ancient mariners were criss-crossing the oceans on a constant basis, the evidence just doesn't support either camp. I am sure that folks in both camps will disagree with my ideas pretty strongly.

I hope you have a great evening amigo, thanks again! :icon_thumright:
your friend in 'Dakota Territory'
Roy ~ Oroblanco

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
wander aimlessly in circles with camera in hand
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi , Oro .
i would also be interested in the link . if you get the book done , somehow that kind of stuff takes a long long time , please also place my name on the waiting list . :hello2:
thank you for all you do and what Steve said , keep it up :notworthy:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Don't know why you are embarrassd amigo,
You write well. non biased material.
very sort but to the point.
I must say for what is there ...
I enjoyed it and was looking for more.

Thom

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Muchas gracias amigo, I usually get carried away and say way too much. I will keep you posted buddy, and thanks for the kind words. :icon_thumleft:
Roy
:coffee2: :coffee2:

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nothing wrong with that Oro :thumbsup:
you should be proud, not embarrassed .
looking forward to the book someday , amigo.
i would place it in the special collections part
of my own library , along side some other fine works .
thanks again .///bob

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Muchas gracias to you Bob, thanks for the kind words! I look forward to sharing coffee and swapping tall tales around a campfire some time! :icon_thumleft:
Roy ~ Oroblanco

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's not a bad idea Oro, you would be welcome around my campfire anytime .

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Ditto amigo Kanabite, I look forward to meeting you some time too! :icon_thumleft:
your friend in 'Dakota Territory'
Roy ~ Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Springfield wrote
Quote from: Oroblanco on Yesterday at 08:25:07 PM
... your friend in 'Dakota Territory'
Roy ~ Oroblanco

Nice terrain - they oughta make it a state someday.

Well it sounds more picturesque than to simply say SD, and actually "fits" the area where we spend all of our time, since western SD and eastern WY were within what was Dakota Territory. I do put it in ' ' hashmarks, hopefully no one will be confused by my use of the term. ???
Oroblanco

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Oroblanco said:
Springfield wrote
Quote from: Oroblanco on Yesterday at 08:25:07 PM
... your friend in 'Dakota Territory'
Roy ~ Oroblanco

Nice terrain - they oughta make it a state someday.

Well it sounds more picturesque than to simply say SD, and actually "fits" the area where we spend all of our time, since western SD and eastern WY were within what was Dakota Territory. I do put it in ' ' hashmarks, hopefully no one will be confused by my use of the term. ???
Oroblanco

I know ... just kidding you. My old buddies from there call it 'SODAK'. Yes, the Black Hills region is a special place for sure. However, the last time I was through there (admittedly in the late '70's) I drove smack into an 83" snowfall in the hills and luckily made it down to Rapid City where I was stranded for three days until the roads were opened again. I do love the Southwest!!!

cillosis

Nov 3, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT/White's Prizm 5
:sign13: Just a thought, have you tried bringing a metal detector to the site and checking around the area of the stone? Perhaps you could find some clues that way.

Saddam

Oct 18, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to this site and I posted this in the General Discussion area but it seems nobody commented.
I feel this is a treasure map. It's pretty old I figure and in a well known treasure area because of the white patina it's not a fake but I don't know how to read it or what it means. I've seen a lot of Spanish signs and found carved flowers on trees and hearts before and from reading other posts in this forum I figure it must be related to the number 7 but then there's the little map going to the left and this has some kind of special meaning I'm sure.
It' was very hard to spot due to the overgrowth of bushes near a stream.
Lots of effort must have been required to move this hunk of rock and plant it in the ground cause it's about 6' high and 2 ft. square. It's not natural.
I feel the little map jutting out from the fancy 7 is the key. Reading from right to left I think it could be a shaft or tunnel first then a hill and a circle that is probably the treasure? but then it just ends. The carving is about 20" high.
Can anyone telll me what these signs mean?

Is this the same mark on rock? Kindly some one help to guide me.
FB_IMG_1574194464229.jpg

FB_IMG_1574194461691.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread