What is this Sign?

BenThereDoneThat

Feb 27, 2008
Apache Junction, AZ
Detector(s) used
MXT 300 / Javelina Gold Trommel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While searching for a lost hiker in the supers i spotted this with my 60X spotting scope! tried to take a good picture with my camra but i am 2.5 miles away(as the crow flys) and this cliff face is a couple 1000' high not like im gonna bounce up there real quick like and take a clear shot of it in this 108 degree weather!!!! The rock this is carved on i estimate to be 10'-12' tall the carving is about 5' in diameter.

This looks like a measurement marker???? Not Treasure but i didn't know where else to post this, Anyone care to take a stab at this.
I have seen this sign before amongst many Native American rock art carvings in the past. Just rather strange and large and in a place someone would want it to be seen and it faces the valley floor, If you have a spotting scope of course or a helo!!! i know the spanish would use this sign as a measurement...........just odd
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0557.JPG
    IMG_0557.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 458

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Not the run of the mill marker for sure,
the one that catches my attention is the one I marked .
Perhaps yours is the eyecatcher?

Maybe a trail marker,
or a bearing point.

Attachments

• IMG_0557.JPG
    IMG_0557.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 442

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
good eye O.D. helicopter for sure--but wait a minute. the spanish did'nt have'em.but they did have plenty time.right?? :coffee2: ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread