May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
rangler said:
well gang,

3. ..."its just a rock, ordinary,nothing special,,etc blah blah"
this is a kind of propaganda, from someone who just wants attention, and
likes to cause discord. we all could do without that.

take it for what it is worth...
please no replies, on no. 3, i dont need it.
rangler

Now THAT'S priceless. (Sorry, but no.3 just begs response :laughing7:)

Jay

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Well good luck and good hunting to those of you who choose to leave us in favor of a private discussion free of skeptics, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.

Personally I think it is good to have at least ONE skeptic to "keep us honest" and help us to avoid proceeding from an erroneous conclusion into a series of errors. Some folks can be a bit pithy or even sarcastic, which defeats the purpose of a skeptical, contrary argument by appearing to be a personal attack, but we have that handy-dandy "ignore" button if we choose to use it. Anyway I do wish you folks good luck, sorry to see you go. :( :'(
Oroblanco
:coffee2: :coffee2:

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
well let me start by saying tttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhppppppppp :tongue3:i was a dues paying tneter but due to the economy i cannot be a paying member i have a wife and 2 kids and when i am not working which is not very often. the last 6 months due to the economy no to many companys are building houses right now i am a rough in framing carpentar. i have cut back on my chewwing tobacco from the 4 dollar cans to the 1.50 a can. i dont use the aa pack on my dfx 300 i use the rechargeable pack. i have even went into my lock box and sold some of my not so good silver rings and coins. i even go yo yard sales with a loop and read the tags and buy gold and silver for dimes and quarters to make some dollars. i would find it rather segregated by being left out due to not being a full member. i am new to the hobby and i want to learn BUT , i will call bullspit when i see it. i think it would be very educational to learn from a more experienced treasure hunter, but if you want to be the kids that says its my ball and we play my way or i go home well then kiss a fat babys butt. you are not a teacher but a tv evangilist . respectfully , OLEPOSSUM

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
tesoro dog said:
HEY SPRINGFIELD BOY!! I DON'T MIND BEING A DISCIPLE!! I WOULD RATHER LEARN,, THAN BELIEVE I KNOW IT ALL,, LIKE YOU!! PEOPLE THAT BELIEVE THEY KNOW IT ALL,, ARE USUALLY FOOLS!! AGAIN LIKE _ _ _ !! td

Calm down, dog. If you'll review any or all of my past posts, you'll notice that I have never claimed to know the answers to the mysteries that interest us all. When somebody DOES claim to know all the answers, I'm quick to ask for more than mere wind to demonstrate that he knows what he's talking about. Who wouldn't, and why wouldn't they? If one is not willing to back his claims on the public forum he preaches on, then maybe it's a good idea that he takes his followers to a private message list. I for one remain open-minded about these self-proclaimed experts' ideas, but we never seem to get past the bragging and unsupported chatter.

feather

Jul 29, 2009
Stilldign,

As we all know, woven into the fabric of society there will be flaws. We are all born equal but, either due to nature or nurture, misfits are created. These misfits, on their journey to finding a place where they can belong, build up a huge store of anger and resentment against the accepted ones. They are to be found everywhere, seeping through the cracks and loopholes to gain entry or, they enter as 'posers' portraying what they are not. Once in, these rejects will do anything to gain attention. (Strange but they all seem to go about things the same way). They set about being as offensive and obnoxious as possible. To me, this is just a cry out for help, they are screaming out to be heard and acknowledged - reading their posts one can hear their plea for recognition. They are aware of their shortfalls and that they have nothing to contribute but yet they will persevere.

Believe it or not, (yes you're thinking I'm I nut) even these people have a roll to play in society. They are set in place to help us achieve our objectives in life........ against all odds. Look upon their posts a pat on the back, they're actually paying you a compliment. Tooting your horn for you - drawing the people to read your posts, actually they are doing you a service and not disservice. They are your Disciples but beware, the come with "The Judas Curse"

*Forgive your enemies, but......never forget their names*

Kind regards and all the best for your new venture
feather

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
Since I started using the "Ignore" button, these threads have been a lot easier to read, except for the occasional reply to those people.

Why reply to them? Just use the button and carry on as usual. That would save the rest of us from having to trudge through their loopy logic and BS when reading your replies to them.

Don't worry about it!

:icon_thumright:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will say one more thing about this:

Some people are railing against others they say claim to know it all. Some say that they want to break away from the naysayers. Some say that those naysayers are just trolling for attention.

Anyone with the slightest bit of rationality takes a couple of things away from those statements:

1. The persons making them are the ones trolling for attention, and they don't want anybody there that could taint their audience's perceptions with some factual input that contradicts their postulations. Who looks like they are being a know-it-all?

2. Having naysayers to keep you honest is a good thing. A good thing if you don't mind criticism, or if you have enough evidence to back up your claims. Take Lamar. When it comes to Jesuit Treasures, Lamar is the biggest naysayer there is. However, he is a very good researcher, with a vast knowledge of the Catholic Church. When I make a statement about anything Jesuit, I know I had better have my $hit together or he will call me on it. Even with us being polar opposites on some subjects, we still maintain a good facade of cordiality. HAHAHA Really, he is a very courteous and knowledgeable guy.

I don't mind being contradicted. I have learned several new things that way. I just jump when things get personal, or when I see advice given that could put people in harm's way. I also know that there are some things about which I have been promised to secrecy. I know and understand that others are in that same situation. When you find yourself there, you can't get mad at someone who doesn't believe you. When you can't provide proof positive, you can't expect everybody to take you at your word.

Everybody just needs to carefully decide who and what they wish to believe. We are all adults here, and as such, are responsible for their own lives. Believe what and whomever you want.

Best-Mike

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
hello stildign, sure makes me sad for you to start another forum--i am not a full member here and can't be because of finances. i don't know how the ignore button works because i have'nt tried it--how about just reconsider this and if the ignore will keep you from hearing those you don't want to hear--then push that sucker for all it's worth. i have learned much here and especially your posts,and feel like there may be others like me who just can't become full members for their own reasons,and will lose good info if you start a forum which will require paying.whichever way you decide to go,happy trails and maybe let those in who can't pay but want to learn without wading thru all the cr-p.tenclaw

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
greetings,
I dont think (except for the naysayers) that we were LEAVING for another forum,
just ADDING another asset, to further explore more sensitive information that has
NOT seen the light of day online or in any books!

Some here seems to what to squash any movement toward digging up the goods.
Most naywaysers are really closet fisherman, they want to tweak us posters in to being
upset, and give some them inside info, just to PROVE to them we know what we know.
It is a cheap trick and obviouisly doesnt work.

Dign's idea of a private website were we DONT educate the naysayer/fisherman is a good one
I have as you know coded data with xxxxx's because the fisherman should not be rewarded
with our hard earned knowledge.

I think that if we all continue to post, teach, and ask questions here as we have been doing,
but ADD a second se, by password only, we can kick this whole thing up a notch..to Advanced
Understanding of the subject that we all have devoted our time to.
hope this helps -
rangler

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Fine idea . Hope that if I can't get a password on the getgo that I can work my way up to being invited in .
Jim

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
rangler said:
Most naysayers are really closet fisherman, they want to tweak us posters in to being
upset, and give some them inside info, just to PROVE to them we know what we know.
It is a cheap trick and obviously doesnt work.

rangler

Drat, and I had already taken out financing on a new Corvette based on treasure info I thought I could 'rangle' out of you.
Is there no way myself and my Illuminati brethren are able to best you ? We must keep trying though, our very survival as a secret order depends on it.

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
fishers, nasayers, password,oh hell why not just go back to the caste system seems some of the people are just big kids with pricey toys so what are we gonna need to get into some of these disscussions pretty soon a resume of our equipment . a alphabetical list of our finds and high res pics. well i can start the application for equipment if it ever becomes a requirement .i have a dfx300/12 inch coil and a 5.3 inch eclypse coil a garrett propointer a lesche hand trowl and a lesche ground shark 48 inch model oh yeah i also have a garrett ace 250 with a sticok coil. if this aint good enough should i add prices of quipment to make myself sound bigger and better. you know this is about getting to be bullcrap i belong to 12 other treasure sites and come here more than any other site i use . with all the pissing contests and i pay and you dont hell its begining to be like high school all over again hell that is why i quit got my ged and went to the work force at 16 i was sick of it then and i am just about to the stage .holy crap how many members in here are grown men ?seems like i am trying to join a club ONLY THE COOL KIDS CAN JOIN man this is pathetic.later all

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
wander aimlessly in circles with camera in hand
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stilldign said:
Folks, the time has come to create a brand new, "members only" web site for exchanging information on treasure signs and symbols.
I am ready to reveal the most important information concerning treasure signs and symbols as well as map decoding techniques.
Up to this point, I have not really cared about who I was releasing my information to....but that has changed.
It is time to seperate those who want to learn from the riff-raff that visit this web site. It's time to seperate those who want the truth from the librarians in Utah and elsewhere.
I know who my students are, I know who wants to learn and I know who is here to be a pain in my ass. We need a web site without the likes of swr, shortstack, librarian punk from Utah, and others.

hi dig . why would think that such a place does not already exist ? please take this under advisement though, it is most difficult deciding just who gets in and who is moved out of such a place . another difficult call is ,do you just allow those who contribute , or even just agree with whatever view is put forth ? sceptics can be a very good thing when some unknowns really should be looked at from all angles . never the less good luck to you with whatever you come up with .i just found this topic today , and have had several inquires from people wanting to know where to find you . if you move to a more private location ,please leave an address here , and i will forward it to any future such inquires. thanks .///bob

okey dokey

Mar 23, 2009
Muskogee
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Lend me you ears.
I have been watching this site about a year and as a newbie I have appreciated all the knowldge it has imparted. There is only so much that the books can teach us. It takes individual help on most sites to get futher along. It seems to me that there are three kinds of posters:
First, there are the cloud watchers (I call them cloudies). They see something in almost everything. Lord knows that a lot would be missed if it wasn't for their input. Sometimes I think they sure have good eyes. Other times, I don't see it but that's ok because only the person in the field can make that judgment call for their site. Most, if not all, of the cloudies readily admit that they don't have all the answers. They don't claim to be experts. I appreciate them on the site even it I don't always see things the way that they do.
Next, on the other side of the pendulum are the naysayers. They are the doubters. They question everything and very seldom have a positive input. Sure we need posters that will keep us from swollowing everything. Some of them even show their research to back their opinons. Their biggest problem, however, is credibility. Most naysayers don't have anything that shows that anyone should listen to them. Where are their photos or field stories? Research is great, we can't do without it. But field experience gets my attention. I do what many others do and that is ignore them. What a great button the "ignore" button is. We need not add heat to the fire by trying to discredit them.
The other group is the solid middle of the roaders that mentor us and show us their photo examples. People like SD, OD, Rangler, LH , DM and others. They keep emphasizing "confirmation, confimation, confirmation". I just have concerns about losing any of the middle of the roaders with newbies coming on all the time.
Every site needs professional help. Like SD said, "we need partners". We need each other and I want to continue being mentored.
There is also the PM for our use. A PM to Rangler got me further down the road and made things come into place. Hang in there and oro para ti.
okey dokey

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Okey Dokey ,
That was a dose of common sense . I been here a while too and learning all the time . PM's to folks I have learned to trust have shortened my learning curve greatly . The fact that they responded gives me the benifit of the doubt on credibility . Thank all of you that have helped via PM .
Perhaps , as you suggest ; we don't need an exclusive group .
Just use the ignore button to exclude the unwanted from the group that is here .

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
okey dokey said:
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Lend me you ears.
I have been watching this site about a year and as a newbie I have appreciated all the knowldge it has imparted. There is only so much that the books can teach us. It takes individual help on most sites to get futher along. It seems to me that there are three kinds of posters:
First, there are the cloud watchers (I call them cloudies). They see something in almost everything. Lord knows that a lot would be missed if it wasn't for their input. Sometimes I think they sure have good eyes. Other times, I don't see it but that's ok because only the person in the field can make that judgment call for their site. Most, if not all, of the cloudies readily admit that they don't have all the answers. They don't claim to be experts. I appreciate them on the site even it I don't always see things the way that they do.
Next, on the other side of the pendulum are the naysayers. They are the doubters. They question everything and very seldom have a positive input. Sure we need posters that will keep us from swollowing everything. Some of them even show their research to back their opinons. Their biggest problem, however, is credibility. Most naysayers don't have anything that shows that anyone should listen to them. Where are their photos or field stories? Research is great, we can't do without it. But field experience gets my attention. I do what many others do and that is ignore them. What a great button the "ignore" button is. We need not add heat to the fire by trying to discredit them.
The other group is the solid middle of the roaders that mentor us and show us their photo examples. People like SD, OD, Rangler, LH , DM and others. They keep emphasizing "confirmation, confimation, confirmation". I just have concerns about losing any of the middle of the roaders with newbies coming on all the time.
Every site needs professional help. Like SD said, "we need partners". We need each other and I want to continue being mentored.
There is also the PM for our use. A PM to Rangler got me further down the road and made things come into place. Hang in there and oro para ti.
okey dokey

Old friend,
I am humbled with your kind words.

Beware of the PM. A snail mail message may be more secure.
There are some on these threads that are experiencing this.
Not even emails are secure.. I'm noy being paranoid, ask Swiftsearcher.
I can't get an email from him ... PERIOD.

If you have serious questions about your site,
use the PM to get an address ...
Then ask the questions you need answered.

Who ever thought a snail mail message would be more safe than an email.
Beware of using the phone for these purposes.
Taps are almost undetectable these days.

Thom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread