Time For a New Treasure Sign and Symbol Web Site

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Old Dog said:
... Beware of the PM. A snail mail message may be more secure.
There are some on these threads that are experiencing this.
Not even emails are secure.. I'm noy being paranoid, ask Swiftsearcher.
I can't get an email from him ... PERIOD.

If you have serious questions about your site,
use the PM to get an address ...
Then ask the questions you need answered.

Who ever thought a snail mail message would be more safe than an email.
Beware of using the phone for these purposes.
Taps are almost undetectable these days.

Thom

There is no electronic security, either by email or by phone. If you have anything of a sensitive nature on a computer that is connected to the internet, it is vulnerable regardless what your firewall provider claims.

And, by the way, if Big Brother really wants to know what you're up to, you can throw out physical mail too, and messages enclosed in UPS/FedEx packages. Unless you transfer information eyeball to eyeball, any correspondence method you've used can be or has been easily compromised. All this assumes of course that you have been discussing something of value to another party.

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear group;
I had assumed that open forums were meant to be utilized for the free exchange of ideas, beliefs, theories and comments. If someone wishes to start a tightly moderated *closed* forum, then in truth, the entire *forum* concept becomes null and void and the forum then turns into a group of like-minded people with narrowly focused goals and beliefs. Of course, those who field an even slightly different view than the accepted norm of the forum's members would be banished, or even initially barred from the forum in the first place.

Oddly enough, Marxism is based upon these same principles.
Your friend;
LAMAR

K

Kentucky Kache

lamar said:
Dear group;
I had assumed that open forums were meant to be utilized for the free exchange of ideas, beliefs, theories and comments. If someone wishes to start a tightly moderated *closed* forum, then in truth, the entire *forum* concept becomes null and void and the forum then turns into a group of like-minded people with narrowly focused goals and beliefs. Of course, those who field an even slightly different view than the accepted norm of the forum's members would be banished, or even initially barred from the forum in the first place.

Your friend;
LAMAR

You mean like excommunication?

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
wander aimlessly in circles with camera in hand
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lamar said:
Dear group;

Your friend;
LAMAR
Lamar ,I am not sure i quite understand why someone wanting to have a private forum , would be likened to a Marxist in your post. if you can get two treasure hunters to agree on any thing IMO you have really managed to pull something off . if you think everyone all has the same opinion about topics that center around treasure hunting , then that's not the case , even in a like minded group . most public forums have lurkers , people who do not do much of anything other than glean information from others . some private ones do not , so far that has been my only experience with removal of a member . of course if someone through a huge temper tantrum , and started giving out insults to others , and calling them names that might be good grounds for expulsion . heck that might even be the reason one private forum came to be in the first place . this topic kind of makes me feel silly for ever having defended dig at another place like this . but he does have a few good ideas , Ive always said that , even in light of this topic .but no mater who tells you what in this hobby or business , do yourselves a favor , check it out for yourselves . some ideas hold water and some do not. besides i have found comparing notes outweighs being preached to by anyone .including me

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stilldign, Rangler,

If you were to obtain a personal page from Marc, (must be a charter member to get one) you would then be in complete control of the posting. You would have a moderators control that would allow you at your discretion, to modify or delete any post that you deem objectionable or detrimental to the discussion. You could also have several threads in your personal page going at once and you would have control over all of them.

Perhaps that would be a preferable alternative to all-out secrecy.
Either way I would wish to be included.

Respectfully,

GG~

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well dig are you going to come play or not? your library book is over due :laughing9:

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
alright I guess i just have to play with myself then , :laughing9: oooop s sorry .
STILL DIGN HELPED ME ONCE ,
i asked a question , and he answered /
i asked him what something was , and he told me .
that's is all that was said , he was very elusive///////// then came the OWLS /
he talks allot about them, on the NET . we do not agree on their origins but this post is not about what we
disagree on . it is about credit and i will give it where it is due.
i took pictures , {something i learned how to do with out the aid of a book } i had them for along time and did not see it . allot of folks know of this marker , but no one ever said any thing about an OWL. i showed a friend of mine the pictures one night and he said i see an Owl . i said where? ////

, please forgive the white out but it is hard to see . ///////here is that OWL
View attachment 336535

there was another email or two , its been along time ago but i told him i knew what it meant , {or maybe and i use the word maybe, what it might be about }
he told me that for a mere 200,000 dollars he would gladly take me to some cap stone thing .
I declined.......
but because this is a public forum that's all i choose to divulge here .
for his help i say thank you . you do get some of it right .
and don't think i know it all , because i do not . please take this under advisement
replace the word Illuminati with the united states department of interior . and please tell folks
that until someone changes the laws governing public land . that there are great dangers in this hobby .
it is legal to look , it is even legal to find , but if there are artifacts it is highly illegal to take , and very dangerous .
Dig, have you ever wondered why so many of the signs and methods are similar on some of the sites?
do you not think it possible that perhaps some of them had common origins in antiquity . not the family , but the truth you claim to look for and help people with , is a very dangerous thing . it may just threaten many beliefs .
i will compliment you for being much nicer on this forum to folks .
and it must have sucked bad when that guy called you out on those paintings in the supers , ya i had to go and read your posts here, i did not know where you went . now i have tried to be nice and even stroked that ego a little , so please do me a favor and don't talk smack about the librarians in Utah anymore , its just not nice......

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
kanabite said:
.... the truth you claim to look for and help people with , is a very dangerous thing . it may just threaten many beliefs ...

It's been said that everything you believe is a lie, including your from-birth, core beliefs - it's the way people are controlled. This is quite plausible because humans are so easily programmable, and after millenia of the same lies, belief becomes 'fact' and 'truth'. That's why when presented evidence that rocks their world, people tend to cover their ears, close their eyes and scream, "La! La! La! La!" (and kill the messenger if possible). Like Jack said in the movie, "You can't handle the truth".

As far as paying money for advice (on any subject), "Caveat emptor".

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve ,that whole kill the messenger thing does not really sound like all that much fun.

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
kanabite said:
STILL DIGN HELPED ME ONCE ,
i asked a question , and he answered /
i asked him what something was , and he told me .
that's is all that was said , he was very elusive

there was another email or two
he told me that for a mere 200,000 dollars he would gladly take me to some cap stone thing .
I declined.......

....and those that may question the credibility are considered 'negative'. Interesting.

Jay

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear Saturna;
The irony boggles the mind, doesn't it? To the very best of my knowledge, none of the *naysayers* on this forum have ever asked for a single penny for information which they've gladly and openly shared with others. I honestly don't consider myself to be a *naysayer* as I believe in lost treasures, however I tend to take a more * traditional* approach to the problem, which seems to upset those treasure hunters who are more out towards the fringes.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Lamar wrote
I honestly don't consider myself to be a *naysayer* as I believe in lost treasures, however I tend to take a more * traditional* approach to the problem, which seems to upset those treasure hunters who are more out towards the fringes.

HOLA amigo,
May I suggest, with your excellent access to archives, that you may well have the information needed to locate and recover one (or more) of the various sunken treasures lost when ships were sunk, during the Colonial period. Several have been located in recent years, and with todays technologies, even deeper shipwrecks can be recovered. The "payoff" could be in the millions of dollars, which would be of great benefit to an altruistic organization, perhaps one you admire such as the Society of Jesus. I doubt that anyone would "throw stones" at someone for recovering a treasure and making a large donation to such an organization. There are quite a considerable number of such shipwrecks, which have never been recovered and salvaged. :icon_thumleft: Have you thought about researching one of the lost "treasure ships" of the Spanish fleet?

I would suggest trying to locate one on land, but these have proven much more elusive as there were no "ship's log" or navigator keeping track of latitude and longitude in most cases.
Oroblanco

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saturna , please don't run with this information , it may have been like a challenge to motivate me . i think ole dig knew i did not have that kind of money . these message boards may not be a very good place to really get to know the other person very well. but i was just a snot nosed kid back then . we were all members of a much smaller forum , and you can kind of see where someone is on their journey by what they say , and the pictures they post / i did not get any info about location or any thing else , and it may just be he really was trying to help .in a round about way ... i dunno for sure . remember this i said thank you to him in that post you have in red. and i meant it . but some bridges have to be walked alone . if you get to figure something out for yourself , it means allot more than having any one tell you . besides we all could use a little help now and then . i have never met any one that you can not learn something from.

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear Oroblanco;
You suggested
HOLA amigo,
May I suggest, with your excellent access to archives, that you may well have the information needed to locate and recover one (or more) of the various sunken treasures lost when ships were sunk, during the Colonial period. Several have been located in recent years, and with todays technologies, even deeper shipwrecks can be recovered. The "payoff" could be in the millions of dollars, which would be of great benefit to an altruistic organization, perhaps one you admire such as the Society of Jesus. I doubt that anyone would "throw stones" at someone for recovering a treasure and making a large donation to such an organization. There are quite a considerable number of such shipwrecks, which have never been recovered and salvaged. Have you thought about researching one of the lost "treasure ships" of the Spanish fleet?

I would suggest trying to locate one on land, but these have proven much more elusive as there were no "ship's log" or navigator keeping track of latitude and longitude in most cases.

And, my answer is, who says I'm not, my friend? :wink:
Your friend;
LAMAR

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
come on Dig , i know your reading these . look i'm sorry OK , if i did something to offend you , it was not meant to be mean spirited . I know you have a lifetime of knowledge , but i also know that no one and i mean no one knows every thing , about this stuff. there seems to be a pretty effective effort , to suppress knowledge and locations of anything that rocks the boat, in the archaeological arena . basically , internal memos {at the very least }have instructed the powers that be to lie to the public . their reasoning is to protect resources that are irreplaceable . that all sounds warm and fuzzy , and you almost miss the part where they give themselves permission to lie . i did not give them permission to lie to me about anything . the problem i have is just what does happen when something is found , that contradicts "professional ", "religious ", or any other seemingly accepted norm ? it usually disappears , and sometimes so do the finders . i use to think it was just about greed . but the more i see the more convinced i become that someone , needs to stand up and demand some answers from our peers . most of the normal folks think we treasure hunters are nuts anyway , so this smoke screen has really been effective . i find the best possible evidence {supposed treasure symbols and sites } i have ever seen in places such as national parks , national monuments , conservation areas, wilderness areas , etc... now i know there are those here that think some of us are just looking at clouds , but i have really tried to just investigate stuff that IMO anyway are more than just rocks . i don't really like that word confirmation, but i have to use it to describe something that has some type of other "proof "that whatever a marker , or shadow is , it might be something more than just a rock. examples might be if something is mapped , or has tool marks , or something along those lines . now there is no way to even begin to describe the possibilities , or even have a chance at getting the possible authors of these things right. i guess i just don't have the resources to even begin . you don't need a new treasure sign and treasure symbols web site , what you need is some common ground and some type of unity , maybe even a little help from a higher power to fix the paradox that can happen to the finders of such things . now i don't really care about the Spanish , their motives were about wealth for the most part . there were a few exceptions . but i do care that anyone trying to do something more than just prospect , is in most cases either beaten before they begin by the way things are , or forced to become a criminal .

Stilldign ,
here i have a present for you, you said it was a "map" , you said somewhere else on a forum it was leading to a" billion dollar room" .
you never said it had anything to do with an "ancient temple" . now i did not come here to be a pain in your butt. but if you want to teach a class online , then you need input from many different sources , including every library that might have some clue as to the origins of such things . I'm not looking for a treasure , dig , i'm trying to fix it . because in my opinion it is broken, and we all need to at least entertain the idea that each one of us has some stake in "knowing the truth" . even if it is just one liitle part of a much bigger picture .

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear kanabite;
Please don't worry overly much about ol' Stilldign, my friend. Most likely, he's busy spending someone's 200,000$ and when he has gone through that, he'll be back.
Your friend;
LAMAR

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well i got to go for a while anyway , i can't sit here all day and fix my typos , and misspelled words . its not that often one has to unzip their fly on a public forum .and its a little unnerving . lets just hope no one kills the messenger . i kind of enjoy living . :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions