Time For a New Treasure Sign and Symbol Web Site - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Time For a New Treasure Sign and Symbol Web Site

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Dec 2008
    illinois
    199 times

Re: Time For a New Treasure Sign and Symbol Web Site

password please!!!!!!!!

May 2008
    Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
    White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
    6 times

Quote Originally Posted by rangler
    Most naysayers are really closet fisherman, they want to tweak us posters in to being
    upset, and give some them inside info, just to PROVE to them we know what we know.
    It is a cheap trick and obviously doesnt work.

rangler
    Drat, and I had already taken out financing on a new Corvette based on treasure info I thought I could 'rangle' out of you.
    Is there no way myself and my Illuminati brethren are able to best you ? We must keep trying though, our very survival as a secret order depends on it.

us
    sirdigsthepennies

Apr 2008
    st. joseph missouri
    old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
    26 times

fishers, nasayers, password,oh hell why not just go back to the caste system seems some of the people are just big kids with pricey toys so what are we gonna need to get into some of these disscussions pretty soon a resume of our equipment . a alphabetical list of our finds and high res pics. well i can start the application for equipment if it ever becomes a requirement .i have a dfx300/12 inch coil and a 5.3 inch eclypse coil a garrett propointer a lesche hand trowl and a lesche ground shark 48 inch model oh yeah i also have a garrett ace 250 with a sticok coil. if this aint good enough should i add prices of quipment to make myself sound bigger and better. you know this is about getting to be bullcrap i belong to 12 other treasure sites and come here more than any other site i use . with all the pissing contests and i pay and you dont hell its begining to be like high school all over again hell that is why i quit got my ged and went to the work force at 16 i was sick of it then and i am just about to the stage .holy crap how many members in here are grown men ?seems like i am trying to join a club ONLY THE COOL KIDS CAN JOIN man this is pathetic.later all

pw
    Apr 2003
    New Mexico
    BS
    1343 times

Quote Originally Posted by rangler
    ....PROVE to them we know what we know....
    rangler
    Splendid idea! When are you going to begin?
    ​Adios, amigos - it's been interesting.

us
    May 2006
    southern utah
    wander aimlessly in circles with camera in hand
    345 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by stilldign
    Folks, the time has come to create a brand new, "members only" web site for exchanging information on treasure signs and symbols.
    I am ready to reveal the most important information concerning treasure signs and symbols as well as map decoding techniques.
    Up to this point, I have not really cared about who I was releasing my information to....but that has changed.
    It is time to seperate those who want to learn from the riff-raff that visit this web site. It's time to seperate those who want the truth from the librarians in Utah and elsewhere.
    I know who my students are, I know who wants to learn and I know who is here to be a pain in my ass. We need a web site without the likes of swr, shortstack, librarian punk from Utah, and others.

hi dig . why would think that such a place does not already exist ? please take this under advisement though, it is most difficult deciding just who gets in and who is moved out of such a place . another difficult call is ,do you just allow those who contribute , or even just agree with whatever view is put forth ? sceptics can be a very good thing when some unknowns really should be looked at from all angles . never the less good luck to you with whatever you come up with .i just found this topic today , and have had several inquires from people wanting to know where to find you . if you move to a more private location ,please leave an address here , and i will forward it to any future such inquires. thanks .///bob

um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
    8774 times

SWR wrote
    The comedy just keeps getting better! Two Thumbs Up!
    SUPPORT THE BEEF INDUSTRY - EAT BEEF
    "We must find a way, or we will make one."--Hannibal Barca

us
    Mar 2009
    Muskogee
    43 times

Ladies and Gentlemen,
    Lend me you ears.
    I have been watching this site about a year and as a newbie I have appreciated all the knowldge it has imparted. There is only so much that the books can teach us. It takes individual help on most sites to get futher along. It seems to me that there are three kinds of posters:
    First, there are the cloud watchers (I call them cloudies). They see something in almost everything. Lord knows that a lot would be missed if it wasn't for their input. Sometimes I think they sure have good eyes. Other times, I don't see it but that's ok because only the person in the field can make that judgment call for their site. Most, if not all, of the cloudies readily admit that they don't have all the answers. They don't claim to be experts. I appreciate them on the site even it I don't always see things the way that they do.
    Next, on the other side of the pendulum are the naysayers. They are the doubters. They question everything and very seldom have a positive input. Sure we need posters that will keep us from swollowing everything. Some of them even show their research to back their opinons. Their biggest problem, however, is credibility. Most naysayers don't have anything that shows that anyone should listen to them. Where are their photos or field stories? Research is great, we can't do without it. But field experience gets my attention. I do what many others do and that is ignore them. What a great button the "ignore" button is. We need not add heat to the fire by trying to discredit them.
    The other group is the solid middle of the roaders that mentor us and show us their photo examples. People like SD, OD, Rangler, LH , DM and others. They keep emphasizing "confirmation, confimation, confirmation". I just have concerns about losing any of the middle of the roaders with newbies coming on all the time.
    Every site needs professional help. Like SD said, "we need partners". We need each other and I want to continue being mentored.
    There is also the PM for our use. A PM to Rangler got me further down the road and made things come into place. Hang in there and oro para ti.
    okey dokey

us
    Feb 2008
    Morgantown,WV
    Bounty Hunter Landstar
    1001 times

Okey Dokey ,
    That was a dose of common sense . I been here a while too and learning all the time . PM's to folks I have learned to trust have shortened my learning curve greatly . The fact that they responded gives me the benifit of the doubt on credibility . Thank all of you that have helped via PM .
    Perhaps , as you suggest ; we don't need an exclusive group .
    Just use the ignore button to exclude the unwanted from the group that is here .
    Wolfpack forever

us
    May 2007
    Western Colorado
    335 times

Quote Originally Posted by okey dokey
    Ladies and Gentlemen,
    Lend me you ears.
    I have been watching this site about a year and as a newbie I have appreciated all the knowldge it has imparted. There is only so much that the books can teach us. It takes individual help on most sites to get futher along. It seems to me that there are three kinds of posters:
    First, there are the cloud watchers (I call them cloudies). They see something in almost everything. Lord knows that a lot would be missed if it wasn't for their input. Sometimes I think they sure have good eyes. Other times, I don't see it but that's ok because only the person in the field can make that judgment call for their site. Most, if not all, of the cloudies readily admit that they don't have all the answers. They don't claim to be experts. I appreciate them on the site even it I don't always see things the way that they do.
    Next, on the other side of the pendulum are the naysayers. They are the doubters. They question everything and very seldom have a positive input. Sure we need posters that will keep us from swollowing everything. Some of them even show their research to back their opinons. Their biggest problem, however, is credibility. Most naysayers don't have anything that shows that anyone should listen to them. Where are their photos or field stories? Research is great, we can't do without it. But field experience gets my attention. I do what many others do and that is ignore them. What a great button the "ignore" button is. We need not add heat to the fire by trying to discredit them.
    The other group is the solid middle of the roaders that mentor us and show us their photo examples. People like SD, OD, Rangler, LH , DM and others. They keep emphasizing "confirmation, confimation, confirmation". I just have concerns about losing any of the middle of the roaders with newbies coming on all the time.
    Every site needs professional help. Like SD said, "we need partners". We need each other and I want to continue being mentored.
    There is also the PM for our use. A PM to Rangler got me further down the road and made things come into place. Hang in there and oro para ti.
    okey dokey

Old friend,
    I am humbled with your kind words.

Beware of the PM. A snail mail message may be more secure.
    There are some on these threads that are experiencing this.
    Not even emails are secure.. I'm noy being paranoid, ask Swiftsearcher.
    I can't get an email from him ... PERIOD.

If you have serious questions about your site,
    use the PM to get an address ...
    Then ask the questions you need answered.

Who ever thought a snail mail message would be more safe than an email.
    Beware of using the phone for these purposes.
    Taps are almost undetectable these days.

Thom
    "Everybody dies"
    "But not everybody lives."

ca
    Aug 2005

very True OD..

& well spoken above ok'y & trukin

pw
    Apr 2003
    New Mexico
    BS
    1343 times

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dog
    ... Beware of the PM. A snail mail message may be more secure.
    There are some on these threads that are experiencing this.
    Not even emails are secure.. I'm noy being paranoid, ask Swiftsearcher.
    I can't get an email from him ... PERIOD.

If you have serious questions about your site,
    use the PM to get an address ...
    Then ask the questions you need answered.

Who ever thought a snail mail message would be more safe than an email.
    Beware of using the phone for these purposes.
    Taps are almost undetectable these days.

Thom
    There is no electronic security, either by email or by phone. If you have anything of a sensitive nature on a computer that is connected to the internet, it is vulnerable regardless what your firewall provider claims.

And, by the way, if Big Brother really wants to know what you're up to, you can throw out physical mail too, and messages enclosed in UPS/FedEx packages. Unless you transfer information eyeball to eyeball, any correspondence method you've used can be or has been easily compromised. All this assumes of course that you have been discussing something of value to another party.
    Cleveland B. likes this.
    ​Adios, amigos - it's been interesting.

Aug 2004
    38 times

Dear group;
    I had assumed that open forums were meant to be utilized for the free exchange of ideas, beliefs, theories and comments. If someone wishes to start a tightly moderated *closed* forum, then in truth, the entire *forum* concept becomes null and void and the forum then turns into a group of like-minded people with narrowly focused goals and beliefs. Of course, those who field an even slightly different view than the accepted norm of the forum's members would be banished, or even initially barred from the forum in the first place.

Oddly enough, Marxism is based upon these same principles.
    Your friend;
    LAMAR

Kentucky Kache

Quote Originally Posted by lamar
    Dear group;
    I had assumed that open forums were meant to be utilized for the free exchange of ideas, beliefs, theories and comments. If someone wishes to start a tightly moderated *closed* forum, then in truth, the entire *forum* concept becomes null and void and the forum then turns into a group of like-minded people with narrowly focused goals and beliefs. Of course, those who field an even slightly different view than the accepted norm of the forum's members would be banished, or even initially barred from the forum in the first place.

Your friend;
    LAMAR
    You mean like excommunication?

us
    May 2006
    southern utah
    wander aimlessly in circles with camera in hand
    345 times

Quote Originally Posted by lamar
    Dear group;

Your friend;
    LAMAR
    Lamar ,I am not sure i quite understand why someone wanting to have a private forum , would be likened to a Marxist in your post. if you can get two treasure hunters to agree on any thing IMO you have really managed to pull something off . if you think everyone all has the same opinion about topics that center around treasure hunting , then that's not the case , even in a like minded group . most public forums have lurkers , people who do not do much of anything other than glean information from others . some private ones do not , so far that has been my only experience with removal of a member . of course if someone through a huge temper tantrum , and started giving out insults to others , and calling them names that might be good grounds for expulsion . heck that might even be the reason one private forum came to be in the first place . this topic kind of makes me feel silly for ever having defended dig at another place like this . but he does have a few good ideas , Ive always said that , even in light of this topic .but no mater who tells you what in this hobby or business , do yourselves a favor , check it out for yourselves . some ideas hold water and some do not. besides i have found comparing notes outweighs being preached to by anyone .including me

us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Arizona
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Shaker table etc
    4134 times

Stilldign, Rangler,

If you were to obtain a personal page from Marc, (must be a charter member to get one) you would then be in complete control of the posting. You would have a moderators control that would allow you at your discretion, to modify or delete any post that you deem objectionable or detrimental to the discussion. You could also have several threads in your personal page going at once and you would have control over all of them.

Perhaps that would be a preferable alternative to all-out secrecy.
    Either way I would wish to be included.

Respectfully,

GG~

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links