• Possibilities Maybe or Just Dreaming 006b.jpg
    Possibilities Maybe or Just Dreaming 006b.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 530

mnt.goat

Tenderfoot
Nov 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that real tall rock sitting on the vein rock I have ben looking at for some time. got within 25 yards. of it to metal detect and something else took my attention and I didn't make it to it yet! good luck this weekend if you all make it out there I don't think its in the stars for me right now. but christmas break is near! THen I will be swing my detector out there . Maybe mike will loose a veil of gold for me to find??? lol wonder how long that was there?

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great photos guys, thanks for posting them. keep them and the info. on the site going. i like reading and seeing them.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello Thom, Yes those I believe to be drill holes and may be the start of something interesting,the 1st thing I would try is the two thats on the right hand side should be East and West. if so then it may be the start or another form of a Omega sign.

turkeyhunter1

Dec 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to all of this but was wondering if someone could help understand the markings on a rock my friend found hunting. The bottom right is part of an old triangle or the number 7. Above it is a turkey track. And the largest carving on top looks like a turkey track with one of the toes not attached or possibly a topographical reference. Any input from those wiser than I would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

IMG950045.jpg

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to all of this but was wondering if someone could help understand the markings on a rock my friend found hunting. The bottom right is part of an old triangle or the number 7. Above it is a turkey track. And the largest carving on top looks like a turkey track with one of the toes not attached or possibly a topographical reference. Any input from those wiser than I would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

View attachment 712315
look at what it is looking at or follow the direction it is going.

OP
OP
H

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
When my Pardner (Mike) and I came upon this, this other image came into my mind (and I'd seen it before)...Darrell GateWay to Lost Padre 005.jpg Possible Cross References 001.jpg

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great photos happytrails55,thanks for posting them. in the photo of the rocks with the coin.the far right rock with the cut shelfs i have found before, i belive shortstack told me they are chevrons? i have found them at a couple of areas where i belive a cache is hidden.of course i cant prove it because i havent found any yet. but when i see them,i know iam in a area that has something there. i think anyways,cant prove it yet. i dont find them very often. and i never found one that big. i have found them up and down like that one,and have found them in a left to right string also. dont know yet what the two differant positions mean either. i belive you got a good spot. good luck and thanks for posting the photos.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
happytrails55, on page one,the photo that desertmoons picked out does look good, do you have any more photos of that area of stones? look at some of the much smaller stones in that area. if you find any smaller ones that look like the work of man,id love to see them. even if you can move them with your foot,i would still photo them and see what you can come up with. i know they say if you can move it,its not a sign. but from what iam seeing, that statement dosent hold truth in my area.

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Happytrails.. that is a happy trail indeed to my eyes :)

I would suspect you will find a lot of detailed info on those rocks about where to go and what to look for. Well..where to go seems obvious and I don't think it is through the pillars. But could be wrong. With that kind of rock ..time of day is purty important for signs in my experience.
But...nosey girl has a few questions...

I take it gold minerals in this area or not too far?

Is there a spring or water source down in that valley behind the monument? Or is there a place in the rocks to pour water to make a pool?It would mean mirror images so I hear if there is a bowl or something in the rocks. If there is a pond or river bend back down there..well...go check it out! Who knows you may even wish to take a dip in it! I'm not sure if there is or is not...kind of would like confirmation on that cause I could be all wrong. If there is..then there will be important signs there.

If it is 200 vara or 200 feet away that would be interesting to know too.

OP
OP
H

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Well Thanks for the Tips (dog,theTreasure Hunter & desertmoons), I'll keep'em in my inventory of memory banks and Next Week, I'll take more pic's to post.......but so far your both pretty accurate, 1st....dog....that rock that appears as a shelf is also a combination of other things as well....the side angle of it of which are in these pic's above, also show that it is a "chair". I know alot about stone chairs, both Ancient and Spanish....In Spanish, it means "a place of rest", which is pretty close to what Kenworthy and others have found in the past, indicating "Caravan", game, water etc....2nd....desertmoons, yes there's water in this area.....within 200 vara's....pic's next week, I promise...Darrell

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks happytrails55 for pointing out thats its a chair. and thanks for posting some photos,it helps with me with seeing some of the same shapes in my area.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the first picture from 1 Beachnut, that picture looks like a gator.

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
of all the post i have looked at i have never seen a frown on a face monument pics number 3 and 4 on post 27?

Believe that is a result of the mouth and nose containing a "Shepard Staff".

OP
OP
H

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Got a few more pic's I took yesterday of Trail Markers. My favorite here is the "X", it's got something going on with the left arm of it, reminded me of the Mason's Hooked X, but their X is hooked on the Right Arm, so I'm thinking my X must be a Pull X...Then this other Trail Marker is unique cause it's basically a rectangle squared off stone, knotched on the inside, covered with rock lichen. I got one photo that had some sort of light refraction (red) next to it, that made me wonder if it was a grave of sorts, then I got this other unique stone that looks like a man...intersting stuff, I'll post more later, Darrell TrailMarkers 002.jpg TrailMarkers 003.jpg TrailMarkers 004.jpg TrailMarkers 005.jpg TrailMarkers 006.jpg TrailMarkers 007.jpg TrailMarkers 009.jpg TrailMarkers 010.jpg TrailMarkers 011.jpg TrailMarkers 012.jpg TrailMarkers 001.jpg

OP
OP
H

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
This next batch of pic's is mostly of what I'm calling "The Man", for now, it could something entirely different, maybe a Bird, not sure, but you can see it a long, long ways off and it sticks out like a sore thumb. I've circled some of the pic's in red but left a few open. Then there's a few other stuff around it that I'm thinking about, where I outlined a number "7" (as like in a resting place), it could be or maybe not...the rocks there are intriguing...I'll post more later.....Darrell The Man Trail Markers 002.jpg The Man Trail Markers 003.jpg The Man Trail Markers 004.jpg The Man Trail Markers 005.jpg The Man Trail Markers 006.jpg The Man Trail Markers 007.jpg The Man Trail Markers 008.jpg The Man Trail Markers 009.jpg The Man Trail Markers 010.jpg The Man Trail Markers 011.jpg The Man Trail Markers 012.jpg The Man Trail Markers 001.jpg

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
wander aimlessly in circles with camera in hand
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pics amigo! i hope you get enough nuggets to fill a 5 gallon bucket:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread