Animal Sign, Feather Sign

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Working on a New Lead, be interested in suggestions, opinions. Is it Spanish/Mexican/or something else?....The Tree is a California Sycamore, approximately 75 feet tall. American California Sycamore Trees Lifespan is between 500 to 600 years. This tree might be 300 years old, more or less, about 30 to 35 feet up is a Carved Animal (I think). At the base of the Tree is a Large Rock (boulder size) with a Feather? carved into it and some peculiar lines close by. I got a pretty good idea already but, but, I could be wrong (it's happened before, hee,hee). There are 2 Stories connected to this Locality and Yes there are Documented Past Histories of Gold Mining here as well...1800 to 1940's. Pictures follow.....any idea's?......Thanks, Darrell....(hope I didn't screw this up, hee,hee)

Attachments

• La Panza 012.jpg
    La Panza 012.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 618
  • La Panza 014.jpg
    La Panza 014.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 602
  • La Panza 015.jpg
    La Panza 015.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 595
  • La Panza 016.jpg
    La Panza 016.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 597
  • La Panza 017.jpg
    La Panza 017.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 600
  • La Panza 018.jpg
    La Panza 018.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 593
  • La Panza 019.jpg
    La Panza 019.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 599
  • La Panza 020.jpg
    La Panza 020.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 570
  • La Panza 022.jpg
    La Panza 022.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 576
  • La Panza 021.jpg
    La Panza 021.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 554

goldguru

Aug 24, 2005
the feather looks a lil more recent unless U scratched it out.
But there does apear to be a man to lower left of your 1st 2 pics with the smokes & knife.wearing a Hat.
lil more worn than the 2 lines but patina the same.

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
YES AMIGO!! CLEAR THE GRASS FROM AROUND THE BOULDER,, AND SEE WHAT SHAPE IT IS, THEN TAKE PICS ALL THE WAY AROUND!! td

OP
OP
H

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Well the Feather does look recent or that it has been re-carved out, but it wasn't from me. Just how recent? Who Knows (Quien Sabe)(wish I could spell, hee,hee), alot of the Dominate rock around here is Conglomerate/Sandstone/Granite....in that order. This rock is a conglomerate/sandstone, tough to tell from the pictures and Yes I will clear the surrounding area and retake some more pic's,. I want to thankyou guys for your opinions, it always helps to get 2nd, third and more opinions. Many times in the past I have overlooked something only to come back to it later, I'm sure that alot of us have done that. I did wonder about those holes in the rock "OldDog" has pointed out, but I didn't mention it cause pictures are more telling than words and I wanted to see if somebody was going to pick it out...just what exactly does it mean, I don't know...hee,hee...There are such Myriads of Sign by the Spanish/Mexicans/Indians.......Not to mention the Ancient Stuff..True, I know alot about it but gawd I don't know everything and there might be alot of stuff I once knew but now have forgotten about through the years (I hate getting Old, hee,hee), but I must say that alot of you guys (and in some cases the Girls) are More Expert or have More EXPERTISE in this type of area of indeavor. My BIG LOVE is Geology/Prospecting. With that said, so the rock at the base of the tree might yield more clues. When I confer with my personal library of the books I have collected since I was a kid about Sign, there is alot of it that contradicts from Author to Author as to what they might possibly mean. Certainly the Era of when they were created and by whom are important. So the "Drill Holes" might contain varing messages or meanings depending on what sign they are connected to? Is that correct? The Lines to the right of the Feather, mmmmm, a Figure? Wow, I must have missed that, hee,hee...so see, pictures mean alot...I'll have to go back and get another series of pic's...THANKS......Darrell

OP
OP
H

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Well I've got a few pic's here to post and to see if anybody has any input. I already know that this is generally believed between my friends and I that this is part of the Outward Trail and Monuments Galore...The problem I'm having is whether it's Jesuit or Franciscan Era, there's reliable information that the jesuits were in this region about 100 years Before the Fransiscans....Anyhow here's some pic's, I hope Old Dog is still with us so he can see these...Darrell Mike Clay Eagle Skull Face 001.jpg Mike Clay Eagle Skull Face 002.jpg Lost Padre 009.jpg Lost Padre 010.jpg Pics from Tuesday 001.jpg Pics from Tuesday 002.jpg Pics from Tuesday 003.jpg Pics from Tuesday 004.jpg Pics from Tuesday 009.jpg Pics from Tuesday 010.jpg Pics from Tuesday 011.jpg Pics from Tuesday 012.jpg

mnt.goat

Tenderfoot
Nov 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We Need Answers?

nice Pics of me there! yes I couldn't handle it anymore and became a member! my handle you and mike gave me a couple weeks ago. do you want the cross pics posted with you pointing at it?

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good pictures. Very close. Good luck.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Photo #9 looks like a rabbit head, looking to the right and with his ears laid down along his back. Isn't that one of the signs for a pozo being close by?

OP
OP
H

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
A Rabbit? A Pozo? Well that's Good Info, I'll keep that in mind, the more I look at it, the more it does look like it...mmmmm, on the left side of it, I initially thought it resembled a Fish or Whale with a Mouth. I'm interested in what appears to be a # 3 and possibly more on the Mouth part....One pic is of my Friend Mike inspecting it...More Pic's here...Thanks, Darrell More Lost Padre Pic's 002.jpg More Lost Padre Pic's 003.jpg More Lost Padre Pic's 004.jpg More Lost Padre Pic's 007.jpg More Lost Padre Pic's 007.jpg More Lost Padre Pic's 011.jpg More Lost Padre Pic's 013.jpg More Lost Padre Pic's 015.jpg More Lost Padre Pic's 018.jpg More Lost Padre Pic's 019.jpg More Lost Padre Pic's 001.jpg

OP
OP
H

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
It's always fun to think out of the Box and I do it all the time and in alot of cases, it works...Now we all can read into alot of stuff that really isn't there or should I say is more Imagined than not...These next pic's are what I Red Marked as possibilities from the above pictures of # 5,6,7....I'd hate to miss out on anything if it turned out that some or all of these were part of the message..But I do know that these Digital Camera's are Great but when you get into close-ups, everything turns "digital" and it loses clairity, so now I'm going have to break out my old Film 35 mm Camera and also carry it with me. Anyhow I'm always up for criticism, heckling and being teased sometimes for some of the stuff I post, so I'm not that paranoid, hee,hee...Anyhow, see what you make out of some of this stuff, I like the Priest or King sitting with the Crown on his head....I one time back in the 80's in the desert found a Silouette of a Spanish Conquistadore with a Helmet on while holding a Pick. I took the picture out of amusement and a day later found the Old Mine, completely abandoned and worked-out, so who knows...Darrell Possibilities Maybe or Just Dreaming 002.jpg Possibilities Maybe or Just Dreaming 004.jpg Possibilities Maybe or Just Dreaming 006.jpg Possibilities Maybe or Just Dreaming 007.jpg Possibilities Maybe or Just Dreaming 008.jpg Possible More Possibilities 001.jpg Possible More Possibilities 002.jpg Possible More Possibilities 003.jpg Possible More Possibilities 004.jpg Possible More Possibilities 005.jpg Possible More Possibilities 006.jpg Possibilities Maybe or Just Dreaming 001.jpg

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HappyT:

That Christian cross looks like it's being held by a hand. Crosses are found on the outbound / homeward bound trails. "X"s are found on the inbound trails. "X"s and crosses are 2 signs that did not require verification marks, by the Spanish rule book.

EDIT: Concerning rabbits; the ears are the direction indicators. They will point to either the pozo opening OR other symbols / signs.

Last edited:

Hoofer

Jan 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Between ears
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HappyTrails55, On post #6 the heart stone is pointing to an unnaturally cubic stone up the hill with mark on it also. Dont know what it means. Good hunting, Thanks for pics. R.

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Hi Haappy trails,

I personally, would spend some..or rather a lot of time closely studying this area during prime hours and afternoon hours. I think there might be some detailed info in this set up. Only a few possibilities are marked. But the set up is odd and I believe you will get some very local news out of this rock pile as well as some medium distance info. . However...opinion only. I think there is much more than "turn right" going on here. I really like this set up. Don't you? Yes yes the others have the glitz but it is the plain things that often are the best!

Attachments

• happytailsPadre Pic's 004mk.jpg
    happytailsPadre Pic's 004mk.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 252

mnt.goat

Tenderfoot
Nov 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I could have made out there with you guys. I know right where you are at! That areA needs more work! Lots of good gold sign there just no gold yet? Lol you have a pic that I also have of a large turtle like stone set utop a very large square rock , if you walk up to that rock on the side you took the pic it looks like a mouth carved into it.

mnt.goat

Tenderfoot
Nov 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three pics up from my last post looks like a turtle looking up and a birds head with beek wide open right under the turtles head.

mnt.goat

Tenderfoot
Nov 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On a second thought maybe it's mating turtles? Lol what would that represent?

OP
OP
H

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Babies???? hee,hee....Seriously, I don't know yet...Here's a few more pic's, one is of what could be termed as a ALPHA ROCK by Chuck Kenworthy (and others), it's ofcourse on the Trail, the quartz formation on the bottom half was probably 2 fold as a Attention Getter as well as like saying "Be Aware of Veins".....Then there's this Odd Pink Rock that's in the mix or field or Yard that also caught my attention cause it resembles a "SUNBURST" or Rays of the Sun...Darrell ALPHA ROCK 008.jpg ALPHA ROCK 009.jpg ALPHA ROCK 010.jpg ALPHA ROCK 011.jpg ALPHA ROCK 012.jpg Sunburst Box 002.jpg Sunburst Box 003.jpg Sunburst Box 004.jpg Sunburst Box 005.jpg Sunburst Box 006.jpg ALPHA ROCK 007.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread