gorgias

Mar 7, 2006
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi, Everyone,

Same site. But, I'm inding new pieces all the time.

Anyone have any suggestions for this carving? (I think this is site is cleaned out. Completely dry with the metal detector.)

Gorgias

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 450
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 449
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 437

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear gorgias;
This is very interesting my friend, but unfortunately I will not be able to assist you without first knowing the general area in which the signs were found in. As you may have already guessed, treasure signs vary greatly from place to place and most definitely with different time frames. For example a treasure sign in the Southwestern USA might have a completely different meaning from a sign in Western Europe. Likewise a sign which was carved a mere 100 years ago will have different meaning from a sign which was carved 500 years ago. Granted I do not need to know the exact area, only a very generalized location.
Your friend;
LAMAR

OP
OP
gorgias

gorgias

Mar 7, 2006
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Other
Southwestern USA, Lamar, somewhere near El Malpais. I thought you didn't believe in this stuff. . .

Gorgias

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear Gorgias;
You asked:
I thought you didn't believe in this stuff. . .

My answer is, no, I do not believe that signs and symbols were carved in order to mark a treasure cache. I do however, believe that certain signs and symbols have a historic significance attached to them and they reflect a thought process, or an idea, of civilizations past, and in light of this, to me signs and symbols are not the means to an end, rather they are the ends unto themselves.

In order words, the signs and symbols do not lead one to treasure, rather the treasure is the sign or symbol itself, my friend.
Your friend;
LAMAR

OP
OP
gorgias

gorgias

Mar 7, 2006
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I'm with you on that. However, this was found in the middle of a munment yard. . .

Gorgias

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread