These are really good.

ColoradoMike

Apr 4, 2004
Colorado
There are 2 of these rock carrens. The guy in the photo is over 6'.

I shot this for them while I was out there. One of the pics shows the scratch marks on the ground where I marked my lines.

Look at the hill shaped like a pyramid. It is the other part of the triangulation

Attachments

• Delta Dawn 015 (Small).jpg
    Delta Dawn 015 (Small).jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 983
OP
OP
ColoradoMike

ColoradoMike

Apr 4, 2004
Colorado
Pyramid shaped hill.

Then where I scratched the lines

The whole thing formed a giant triangle. When they drew it out on the topo then traced the lines I shot it lead to a center point of one of the lines. They drove over to the spot as it was 2 1/4 miles away.

Then they found the pile of rocks in the ravine.

Attachments

• Delta Dawn 013.jpg
    Delta Dawn 013.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 981
  • Delta Dawn 016 (Small) (Small).jpg
    Delta Dawn 016 (Small) (Small).jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 973
  • Delta Dawn 014 (Small).jpg
    Delta Dawn 014 (Small).jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 941

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
Ive never seen anything like that. what are they,what purpose did they serve and how old are they?

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Ok, I will play the dopey one here.......
Would it be possible for you to explain to those of us in snow country and couldnt differentiate a rock pile from a rock pile ,what exactly you are looking for and how can you read the rock signs? You said one was the information pile....and what that pyamid mountain has to do with it all.....I am in Wisconsin...I have been making those rock piles since I was ten... ;) I am assumming yours has to do with a treasure or you wouldnt be out there?

OP
OP
ColoradoMike

ColoradoMike

Apr 4, 2004
Colorado
hollowpointred said:
Ive never seen anything like that. what are they,what purpose did they serve and how old are they?

I can safely say these are Spanish. Sometimes they just used them for trail markers but not in this case. They are too close together. Do you notice the 1st one had no light showing through it & the other had several. One of the holes is even cross shaped. If you sight through the hole it points to the center of the N-S line. Where we had a strong hit before we knew there was a triangle.
?I won't know if the rock is the spot until I get back out there. They said it is right on track but until I shoot it again & then ?run the PI's & Em over it I wouldn't lift a stone.
I have seen to many crazy coincidences on sites.

Near the corner carren (not sure how to spell it) there was 2 smaller carrens. One had been destroyed, could mean that treasure is gone. We picked up when I first shot it what seem to be the orebody (mine probably) the main target & one that seemed to be in a cavity to the north. I wish I could scan the topo & upload it. I wonder it I could take a picture of it? Hum-mm. ?It is a perfect layout. I'll try the photo thing.

I hope this helps.

It worked. I blacked out all the names I could so as not to give to much to away.

The carren with the info on it is the one on the E side. the other is the NW careen the Pyramid is on the SW. Notice how the pyramid & the N carren are almost perfectly N & S. I wonder if that is a coincidence??

To the south you see that little arrow pointing sort of N?? That is the 2nd place I shot from & where the photo shows the scratch marks on the ground.? They were trying to show me how it was lining up with the pile of rocks.? Like I said until I reshoot & run the other equipment I wouldn't move a rock. I have seen crazy coincidences out in the field.

Attachments

• DSCN0325 (Small).JPG
    DSCN0325 (Small).JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 922
OP
OP
ColoradoMike

ColoradoMike

Apr 4, 2004
Colorado
jbot said:
Good stuff, Mike.
Is that Pyramid manmade?

I can't tell from the photo's but I intend to find out. They think it is but I'm skepitcal. I'd be more interested in that if I thought it was real.

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
great photos mike I have quite a few photos of (Spanish trail markers) the one that I use on my posts is one but I have not found any carrion's that look like those but I am still on the trail Buck

OP
OP
ColoradoMike

ColoradoMike

Apr 4, 2004
Colorado
Buck said:
great photos mike I have quite a few photos of (Spanish trail markers) the one that I use on my posts is one but I have not found any carrion's that look like those but I am still on the trail Buck

Thanks Buck.

The ones like yours are more what I am used to also here in Colorado & NM.?

Happy New Year.

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
ColoradoMike said:
Buck said:

Thanks Buck.

Happy New Year.
that is good to know for right now I am looking at a (marker) that has signs a cave/tunnel and across the wash is a wall in a half circle I do believe will know more this coming week

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Hi Ya Mike -- I don't know why I didn't get the info from treasure net that yuo'd sent the web site to see the equipment. Pretty impressive.

? ?I took a look at you mountain.? Here's my OPINION !!!!Since the spanish used trees shrubs etc. to make signs etc with? It looks like bushes were planted in specific areas for some reason in straight lines. The top is flat and what looks like a rectangle shape is on the mountain behind it. Your picture looks like a lot of mine. I am talking about some areas are blurry and right next to it it's a clear shot???? I have noticed that in the blurry area usually there's some important signs. After view a few thousand pictures I believe the Spanish used people that were totally color blind to find the areas of importance(THIS IS MY OPINION ONLY).
Now the picture of the mountain --- I have number and painted most of what I see. #5 is some type of writting. #6 Is a trail to right side of mountain # 7 is white dots that form a tri. and have a black one along one line. The blacks dots I put there are some shape (cross??) (Tri). With a flat area on top, may have been their camp site. there's more in the mountains behind this and a big tri there also. The red dots form a square but also have one in center, like a ball diamodn with pitchers mound (forgot to put the 5th dot.)

The wash --- To the left it looks like a hole filled with rocks the blue lines are the edges of what might have been a road or path. The red arrow on right points to what looks like an "H". The red arrow on left points to shadows of hearts/ diamonds plus other can't make out and has 117 0r 11> . the top right corner looks like every rock was had placed. On the right edge of path is what looks like a broken heart and no tip. just to the right of that is "M" with a black ddot in middle and a white dot at the bottom of the left line. the black arrow points to several hearts. Can't see the top of the path looks like stacked rocks. Maybe the rocks your friend is standing in front of is set to trick you. I know you'll check it with the machine.

? Good Luck out there !!!!? Hope this helps. You may not need it with all that equipment.

? ?Jacko

Attachments

• index (12).jpg
    index (12).jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 763
  • index (8).jpg
    index (8).jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 760

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
ColoradoMike said:
Buck said:

Thanks Buck.

Happy New Year.
it is great to hear that some one else has seen markers like this one do you know what it means ??? ??? Buck

OP
OP
ColoradoMike

ColoradoMike

Apr 4, 2004
Colorado
Buck said:
ColoradoMike said:
Buck said:

Thanks Buck.

Happy New Year.

Can you email some more photo's.
The guy who deciphered the carren is the best I know at the Spanish stuff. When I see him I will have him interpret them. He may be willing to come down & help you if you want. He is well on his way to be one of those old desert rats like you would see in the old movies. In 20 more years he will really fit the part. But the guy can read stuff like no ones business & i have yet to see him wrong.
? ? ? ? ?it is great to hear that some one else has seen markers like this one do you know what it means ??? ??? Buck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread