Need help decoding these rock carvings (treasure symbols)

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
MD & Handwand "CaveHunter"Hiker" SonyDigital SLR

Attachments

• name carving 1.JPG
    name carving 1.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 5,089
  • -KI- swift clue.JPG
    -KI- swift clue.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 2,238

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
I assume these are related to the Johnathan Swift legend.
If so they really are interesting clues.

Here they are converted to negative. the carvings really show up.

Attachments

• -KI- swift clue.JPG
    -KI- swift clue.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 1,464
  • name carving 1.JPG
    name carving 1.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 1,428

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Dog,
Could some of those symbols be Cherokee language symbols? I'm wondering about the end symbols in that upside down line of letters. After all, Ki is in eastern Kentucky and the Cherokees were in that area before being moved out by the government in the, I think, the 1700s. I was just spot reading some stuff last night that told how they were moved out of Virginia, the Carolina's, and eastern Kentucky / Tennessee well before the Trail of Tears thing out of Georgia and S. Carolina. :icon_scratch:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's some mark ups. Are some initials modern graffiti?

name_carving_1 Merged.jpg

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
I wanna Thank everyone for the feed back so far on these carvings... Its been right at a year since i have found these, and i do believe these to be involved with the John Swift legend, after all I'm right in one of the areas Swift was believed to Mine and hide his silver...for you all wondering I'm in the Red River Gorge, here in Ky.
Also there was alot of Shawnee, and Cherokee activity in this region for many years before their removal. I have been studying these carvings for almost a year now, these carvings are real, authentic, and very old. The main thing that supports this is the location where these carvings are, it is in the middle of nowhere, no public trails, actually no trail at all, just a very old trail you can see in spots here and there. These carvings are 3 or more miles from the nearest home located near by, and is on Private property "no trespassing".... The land is so rough and rugged i cant see just anyone making it to where these carvings are, it takes me around 3 hours to hike to this spot one way. There are also what appear to be older carvings here that have faded from weathering over the years that you cant really see, there are no recent marks around this rock, just these old ones... Thanks everyone it always helps to have more than just my two eyes looking at these marks.......

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
Old Dog, Shortstack.....
I looked up the Cherokee alphabet and to my amazement the marks do match, some of these very well could be Cherokee marks, but I'm slow to rule out the Shawnee.......thanks you guys....

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ki,
That helps "date" the site a little bit. Sequoyah invented the alphabet in 1819 and according to Wiki, "some symbols resemble Latin alphabet letters".
Since that stone is so far back off of the "beaten track", all those symbols MIGHT mean it's a base point or pivot point for several "end locations". :laughing7: I have stopped using certain words that might pop up on search engines or monitoring applications for those nosey folks we're trying to "ignore" or avoid.

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
Ruled out Shawnee, those are indeed Cherokee. It is a Overlook about 100ft up on top of the ridge line cliff where these carvings are. From this point you can see for many miles, another key factor is this location is very close to the "main warriors path" that runs right through my area here in Ky. The reason i was slow to rule out the Shawnee was that they had a village a few miles west of my location called (eskippakithiki) now called Indian Old Fields. Cherokee also used the warriors path and would have put them in this general area. Now there are many treasure leads involving the Cherokee in my area, could it be the Cherokee that indicate the tunnel on the next ridge over in this carving, they was known to return to Ky looking for a lost treasure of there ancestors..
It is reported that 3 Cherokee Indians came to a town just over from me, looking for a place where they could find a Indian princesses skull, the tunnel i found very well could be a tomb, instead of a mine like i thought........
Ill read some more on this and post some of these story's if you all would like.... again thanks for all your help
-Ki-

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
Old Dog, The JS carving i stronly believe to be that of John Swift...
He had help from either the Shawnee, and or Cherokee in his mining efforts.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
I think the Shawnee could safely be ruled out.
I would enjoy greatly any stories you could post about the native legends.
I have been fascinated with these stories since I was a little guy.

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
Here's a good one that describes the area I'm in, also the mine i have found.... The Shawnee as well as the Cherokee claimed my area as their great hunting ground, and called this area the great meadow land. The Shawnee as well as the Cherokee would have known these secret places and recorded the history about known places in story's handed down generation to generation. It is known that Daniel Boone made peace with the Cherokee, and fought the Shawnee..
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?topic=267618.msg1903791#msg1903791
here's the link to the Story, as well as the forum i write in alot

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
Cherokee Treasure lead for my area.....
In Febuary of 1871, three Cherokee Indians came to the farm of Jacob Crabtree
fifteen miles east of Irvine, Ky. The Indians said they were within half a days journey
of one of John Swift's silver mines. They went up little sinking creek, then went a
few miles further due east. Three to four white men followed them, but the Indians
managed to slip away from them. Late the next evening the Indians returned, bring-
ing two buckskin bags full of rich silver ore. They then left the area. The white men
searched but could never locate the silver mine. Henson.

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
This is the mine i found on the ridge over from these carvings...... great place to hide something

Attachments

• Copy of MINE hike 042.JPG
    Copy of MINE hike 042.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,128

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ki,
This big nosed guy on the right looks a little Olmec-like and the one on the left is wearing a priest-like head piece. They kind of jumped out, but the little skeleton head took a little longer to see.
What'cha think? If this is the mine with a hollow sounding floor, PLEASE be careful.

Attachments

• Copy_of_MINE_hike_042 Merged.jpg
    Copy_of_MINE_hike_042 Merged.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 945
OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
Hey Shortstack...
Thanks alot. I see those faces now. Pretty cool how those faces jump out at you. Still looking for some dates on the rocks around these two places. But I think I've found something here that people have looked for well over 200 years. I'll keep ya updated, again thanks alot, wanna thank Old Dog as well. When I get home I'll write alittle more. Got a few storys that pretain to this area, I'd write a few now but I don't have any saved to my iPhone just yet. Thanks guys

Nov 12, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my opinion the eyes hold precious metals, the tongue you describe is really a finger pointing, "dig here". Pay attention to any circle within a circle, (doughnut) this place needs to be explored. Ancients have dug here. Hope that helps. Just a copper miners daughter.

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
you can tell this area is really old, theres a really old trail wore in the ledge around this cliff line , but on the other side of the ridge this path disappears. What ever this place was it was used alot.

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with you on this one. Also, I usually provide links to images, but, since you are trying to keep a low profile, I uploaded these to TNET.

Attachments

• Cherokee_alphabet.jpg
    Cherokee_alphabet.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 1,019
  • cherokee_syllabary.gif
    cherokee_syllabary.gif
    19.3 KB · Views: 987

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread