Detector(s) used
Minelab: XT70, XT17000, Sov XS w/S-1 probe
Tesoro: Lobo ST, Toltec II
Whites 4900, Eagle II SL 90, Spectrum XLT
Falcon MD 20, Whites GMT, TDI Pro, Vibraprobe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's good one....

I have rearranged the photos in the sequence they were found, which is what I wanted to do to start with. I didn't know how to do it, and am still learning how to "drive" the software, so bear with me.

The signs are arranged in the order they were found, beginning with the cross with the level cross member. The cross member, obviously, points the way to go. About an eighth of a mile past the first cross, we found the second one. Obviously, it is pointing upward (up slope). We parked our horses, and walked up slope after taking some photos, and wondering what the heck the Star is trying to say.

Just 25 feet or so above the Star, is the "mission." I don't know whether it is a mission or not, but that is the best way to describe it my mind. Anyway, the mission is the most difficult to see because of the type of rock, and the time of day. I have tried to manipulate the light enough to see some of the details. However, there are some details that are not visible, or very faint. There is an 'x' in the center of the symbol, with a dot right over the "x". In the lower right hand corner there are 5 dots, or small holes drilled in the rock. I erroneously said earlier that the dots were arranged like the number five on a domino with 4 dots on one end, and one on the other. However, while editing the photo with picasa, I could see that the holes are four like on one end of a domino, but the 5th dot is in line with the two dots on the bottom of the formation, and in line with those two dots.

The photo of the second cross was poorly taken. I was too close, and I don't have the skill to shrink it with the software at this point. I will continue to work on it, and if I can get better I will replace it later. So, here is the order: First Cross with level cross member, Second cross with elevated cross member, Star Panel, then the Mission.

I would like to say thanks to all of you who have offered ideas and support. Shortstack has helped me learn to arrange things a bit better. Thanks, fellers.....

Attachments

• 364384-R1-19-7A.jpg
    364384-R1-19-7A.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 577
  • tmp16.jpg
    tmp16.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 574
  • tmp19-3.jpg
    tmp19-3.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 574
  • 364384-R1-13-9A.jpg
    364384-R1-13-9A.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 579
  • tmp16.jpg
    tmp16.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 577
  • 364384-R1-19-7A.jpg
    364384-R1-19-7A.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 570
  • tmp19-3.jpg
    tmp19-3.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 572

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Here's good one....

Cool Stuff Tonto. Have you found a place you think there is treasure?

OP
OP
T

Tonto

Oct 14, 2008
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It sure looks promising. The problem is like it is for everyone else. These symbols are about a four hour drive for me, and they are very remote. I haven't been there for about five years, but I am planning a trip next spring. The area is part of the old Spanish trail near Monticello, Ut. There are some other trail markers and other symbols that I have lost the photos of, so I need to go back anyway. I will look around a little harder next time.

minetres

Mar 13, 2008

I believe you have found a KGC site and you are very close to a cave or old mine tunnel with a treasure stashed near the rear end of it. The picture in the last post shows the anchor and these are also the two Jay's stands for Jesse James who was supposed to be the treasurer for the KGC. People have found nice treasures at these sites. Follow the Turkey tracks.

Minetres

hadji009

Dec 29, 2008
illinois

maybe they are telling you the 2nd position of triangle you will find something.star is upside down showing perfect triangle.dot at 2nd point

OP
OP
T

Tonto

Oct 14, 2008
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for the input, Minetres and Hadji. I was told once before these might be KGC, but research as I might, I haven't been able to find any symbols like the star panel. The "anchor" on the petroglyph panel could definitely be a Jesse James marker. What do you think of the cross in the
"v" on the petroglyph panel? Can you see the faint marking above the cross in the 'v'? It looks like an 'x' with an 'm' closing to the top of the x, and then a 'k' just to the right of it.

I have some other symbols I took photos of, but I have lost the photos and the negatives are in a box somewhere. I am going through everything and when I find them, I'll get them printed, scanned and posted.

Before I forget, could you make out the 'X' with the dot over it in the middle of the "mission" scratching? Well, the picture does not show the entire symbol. You can just barely make out an "arrow head" just like the ones around the star on the panel. Just below the arrowhead, and not in the picture, are five dots shaped like the dots on a domino with 4 on one end. This is not a domino, though, its just the best way I could describe it since it's not in the picture.

If you reply, and I don't respond tonight its because I have a appointment at 7:30, so I won't be back on line until tomorrow. I appreciate your input.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You've found some very interesting signs. Be forewarned, though, now that someone has typed those infamous letters, "KGC", the grand prince of naysayers will eventually crawl out from his hiding place. BEWARE, BEWARE. :laughing7:

Do your research and listen to the very experienced and HELPFUL folks on this section. Old Dog, rangler, KGC-Rebel, truckinbutch, swiftsearcher; to name just a few. Those other, negative folks will steal your dream if you let them.

Good luck and happy hunting. And, enjoy your project to the fullest. :thumbsup:

10claw

Aug 16, 2009

shortstack gave you good info on the -------- sometimes you can smell them as they start sweating and slobbering just before biting. hope you the best of luck. tenclaw

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have seen somethig similar and the guy said he found the same pattern as the carving of dots drilled in a rock. There was somethig about putting sticks into the holes and sighting from them to the mine/treasure. Hope you find the same and dig it!

OP
OP
T

Tonto

Oct 14, 2008
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I appreciate the good will and "heads up". I don't have much experience at these types of hunts, so it'll be fun, no matter the outcome. I have been a ghost town hunter and general coin shooter for several years. I've learned that finding treasure, whether one coin at a time or in a cache, you have to dig a lot of trash. So, I have learned that the real treasure is the people you meet who are honest, trustworthy, and ethical. The nitpickers and trouble makers are just pull tabs, and you know what happens to pull tabs...

OP
OP
T

Tonto

Oct 14, 2008
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I see it now! Thanks for pointing that out, I had never noticed it before. So, if that is #2, I wonder where #1 is, or whether there is one? Could this be a distance sign?

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Am I the only one who sees this? I promise that I'm sober. ;D

__2 Merged.jpg

hadji009

Dec 29, 2008
illinois

#1 may be the marker that lead you to the #2 get the distance between the two markers and find #3?looks like the symbol above may show cave with a block 3/4 of the way in?just a guess new at this also.just got to keep learning as u go with help from the treasure finders on this site. brent

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008

Yes when i saw that star I thought KGC even though I know so very little about KGC markings and have no reason or special knolwedge to think so.

It surely is not Spanish, and I do not know if during the Mexican era,..they used marks like that. Nor does it look French or German to my inexperienced eyes..nor outlaw. Well that does not leave a lot :)

Congrats and mums the word :)

Shortstack..I see it too. Hic. Weeee! :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

hehehe
No really I noticed that face too but my uninformed guess would be not too significant unless wearing a blindfold had some special meaning in KGC marks.

Something I would keep in mind though.

Also ,maybe the double arrowed curved line means there are 2 of something.

OP
OP
T

Tonto

Oct 14, 2008
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I saw the face right off, but I missed the "2" at the center of the star. Until I got some ideas from the folks here, I thought maybe the arrow around the star was a reverse sign. I still can't get any feel for the carving over the star, or the "R" looking thing to the left. I'm just glad folks keep trying to help out with it. As soon as it warms up a little, I'm going back and get some better photos along with some measurements. Maybe then, we can all come up with a solution to this puzzle.

OP
OP
T

Tonto

Oct 14, 2008
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've done a little more reading and research since I posted these. I think this is KGC, because the organization used masonic symbols in many of their codes. The "star" is inverted, which the "eastern star" of masonic imagery is as well. I looked a little closer at my photos, and saw a small letter "N" in the upper right hand corner in the desert varnish. On the left side, also in the varnish is a small star that is upright. Also, on the first cross, the one with the level cross beam, there is definitely a bird figure carved. Dsty pointed this out to me, as I had missed it just as I missed the "2" in the center of the star that Hadji pointed out. It makes me wonder if arrow over the star is a direction to rotate the star to an upright position, and the small star in the upper corner is a hint to do it in case one can't decipher the arrows. I'm just thinking out loud, here, so don't beat me up too bad.....

hadji009

Dec 29, 2008
illinois

i think your cross with even crossbar is your omega mark. brent

Attachments

• 364384-R1-19-7A.jpgnew view.jpg
    364384-R1-19-7A.jpgnew view.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 380

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions