alphacanyon11nov09 007.JPG
    611.2 KB · Views: 1,113

VICTORIO

Jun 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star II & Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHY WOULD THEY PUT ALL THESE FACES FACING IN DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS. WHAT DO THEY MEAN/WANT TO SAY.

OP
OP
ThomasP

ThomasP

Jan 5, 2009
New Mexico
I don't know why there are so many or even what they mean, maybe someone with more knowledge might know. Keep going over this and you will see more and more faces. Some are hidden within others and It seems to be that they are from different time periods with the different people carving them.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are at least 4 animal profiles and 1 good drill hole, too.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
I see 18 human faces, three birds, a number of animals, including an aardvark, and a couple of alien watchers. If I had some good drugs I'm sure I could do better.

You obviously need to first dig a deep hole in the ground in line with the aardvark's snout. If you need additional instructions, contact stilldign and rangler.

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen many people post what they see in a rock formation. Personally, I don't see anything but rocks, deteriorated by weather, over time. :dontknow: :thumbsup:

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
hogge said:
I've seen many people post what they see in a rock formation. Personally, I don't see anything but rocks, deteriorated by weather, over time. :dontknow: :thumbsup:

Are you trying to spoil the party or just add rationality to the discussion?

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ThomasP:

Here's my evaluation:
The 2 bears and the lion are looking at that drill hole.

alphacanyon11nov09_007 Merged Merged.jpg

weekender

Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas-River Valley-Ft. Smith
Detector(s) used
Prism V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did anyone notice the #13 below the marked picture of the dog. It showed up better
in the marked picture. A little lower and to the left. Looks like you have some fun ahead of you.
Weekender

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
weekender said:
Did anyone notice the #13 below the marked picture of the dog. It showed up better
in the marked picture. A little lower and to the left. Looks like you have some fun ahead of you.
Weekender

Yep, that's either a "13" or "12" and I just noticed a heart I missed while marking up the photo. The heart is straight to the left from that number; just in from the edge of the pix. It's a raised area in the shape of a heart; pointed end down.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D That must be Poo just in front of him.

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Springfield said:
hogge said:

Are you trying to spoil the party or just add rationality to the discussion?
Yep.

tertiaryjim

Aug 5, 2008
In the small group of rocks, lower right corner, I see a shadow M with a heart on top and to the right of that an owl with a #7 as part of it's makeup. Jim

Attachments

• alphacanyon11nov09 007.jpg2.jpg
    alphacanyon11nov09 007.jpg2.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 952
OP
OP
ThomasP

ThomasP

Jan 5, 2009
New Mexico
Man oh Man you guys are good. I hope you all have had fun with this pic while we are all couped up during this season. My minds eye was stuck on face profiles for some reason. And never saw alot of the other signs/symbols. I did some work in paint and I hope it comes out. Here is what I see. I did not note all of it, though. Thanks for everyones input.

Attachments

• alphacanyon11nov09 007.JPG
    alphacanyon11nov09 007.JPG
    582.3 KB · Views: 932

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Hey ThomasP,

I love rock formations like these. At least for me they give my brain a real workout and keep me humble lol Someday may be able to read them but not now that's for sure.

First off in general, based on my limited experience I would be looking that formation over for a carved E to give me some help on what to do. Also would be looking for death trap signs.

Then I would be examining nooks and crannies. If no additional new information or additional confirming info appeared, my feeling would be to go to the right.

Secondly, where the green lines cross. that potential carving on top looks pretty interesting. Note the unusual straight lines and other stuff there?

The green circles look like carvings to me.

Attachments

• alphacanyon11nov09mk.jpg
    alphacanyon11nov09mk.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 923

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uthunter:
Welcome to the forum and thanks for the link. That's a very interesting site. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread