Attachments

• DSC00059[1].JPG
    DSC00059[1].JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 1,410
S

Smee

Shortstack said:
Hey, Smee:
Did the people who ate that bark make those extraordinary markers and monuments? Just curious. That's an interesting hand holding the heart between it's thumb and foreknuckle.

The Adirondack Mountains, in New York state, were named after the "tree eaters". They were real. The sweet cambium which lies beneath the bark of the Ponderosa Pine proved to be quite nutritious. One pound has as much calcium as 9 glasses of milk. http://www.fs.fed.us/r4/ashley/heritage/ethnography/so-delicious.pdf tells a bit more for any interested.

As for the picture you are seeing sign in, remember that there are lots of things one sees in photographs that are not really there. The mind looks to assemble what we see into recognizable shapes, things that "make sense". Boots on the ground viewing may show more or less . . . I can see the triangle, and it does point to the cave. The hand holding the heart is a bit of a stretch IMO.

What about how that heart is broken? As well as the much larger one next to it?

sign by medicine tree.jpg

Remember, the picture was not taken by a treasure hunter, it was taken by a scientist. I've seen much stronger signs missed here by other people. I have seen a clear bear head (the carving very evident) and claws in a photo on THIS forum missed. Not that it is treasure related, but was a Native American ceremonial site which must have looked absoultely fearsome by firelight. There was not one person who said anything about it. Again, they were looking at a "heart" which I believe was natural.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeker:
O.K., the little man is not a ghost and the photo is NOT faked. So, the figure was "painted" into the wood; probably a "wash" type of painting such as a white wash material for fences. (think Tom Sawyer) I changed the photo to black and white; then turned it into a negative. As you can see, the little man is still there. The style of mustache and shirt leads me to think it's from the 19Th century on into the early part of the 20Th century. None of the Ancients would have painted him in this style because they were here a thousand or more years before this "style" was invented. The Spanish wouldn't have painted him this way for the same reason.........not their "style". The Indians......ditto. NOW. Let's consider the KGC era folks. THAT could be a whole different bundle of sticks. This style was well used in their time frames. Could it have been put their by someone as a joke? Possibly. But, you said this area is WAAAAAAAY off of the beaten path. All the more reason to take it seriously. The person who "painted" this figure gave him well defined "whites" of his eyes, a white highlight vertically along the ridge of his nose. There is a small hole in the tree about where one of his shirt's buttons would be. The collar is buttoned all of the way and a small bow tie put in place. NOW. Do you see that raised square area about where his right shirt pocket would be?? It's on OUR left. Look at the original photo and you can see the small shadow casted by this square, raised area. One of my first questions was, after I saw this guy, was "why emphasis that shirt pocket area?? Must mean SOMETHING.

Maybe I shouldn't ask this on an open forum, but..........could you father and his father been the last in a line of "Sentinels"?

Anyway, check out this negative and you can see he's still there.

Little man neg.jpg

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smee:
The main reason I outlined a hand holding that one heart between the thumb and forenuckle is because of that well defined thumb. It has a thumb nail and the crease in the first joint. If you'd like to see some excellent examples of 3-D hand carvings, look at the photos posted by Desertmoons. I'd never knew of such carvings until she posted several she'd found in the wild. Afterwards, I was looking through a new book I'd bought titled, America B.C., by Barry Fell, and saw a section on a hand alphabet; kinda sorta like the hand symbols for letters that is used by the deaf.

I saw some, not all, of the other things you've pointed out, but didn't "mark" them to keep down the clutter.

Extraordinary stuff. The shear size of many of the Ancients' monuments is astounding. :thumbsup:

S

Smee

Shortstack said:
Smee:
The main reason I outlined a hand holding that one heart between the thumb and forenuckle is because of that well defined thumb. It has a thumb nail and the crease in the first joint. If you'd like to see some excellent examples of 3-D hand carvings, look at the photos posted by Desertmoons. I'd never knew of such carvings until she posted several she'd found in the wild. Afterwards, I was looking through a new book I'd bought titled, America B.C., by Barry Fell, and saw a section on a hand alphabet; kinda sorta like the hand symbols for letters that is used by the deaf.

I saw some, not all, of the other things you've pointed out, but didn't "mark" them to keep down the clutter.

Extraordinary stuff. The shear size of many of the Ancients' monuments is astounding. :thumbsup:

Thanks for mentioning the photos by Desertmoons. I'll try to find them.

BTW, I didn't mark the second phoenix, but it is there in the same pic.

It is important to remember though, what was marked as important to Native Americans was not of intrinsic value (treasure in the accepted sense) but things of spiritual value.

"One does not sell the ground on which the people walk." --- Crazy Horse

OP
OP
seekeroforo

seekeroforo

Jan 21, 2010
Over the rainbow
Detector(s) used
Logic, prayer, hope, and instinct
Shortstack said:
Seeker:
O.K., the little man is not a ghost and the photo is NOT faked. So, the figure was "painted" into the wood; probably a "wash" type of painting such as a white wash material for fences. (think Tom Sawyer) I changed the photo to black and white; then turned it into a negative. As you can see, the little man is still there.

I totally see what you are looking at. I think that it is really a coincidence and the area in question (white washed?) is actually sun-bleached wood. If it was colored it was done a long time as you have mentioned after the initial carvings. I think i will stick to the original information at this point in time because it relates more to the rest of the items leading up to it (in age and origin). I don't mean to look past your excellent information, just don't think that it has much to do with the task at hand. However, if upon closer on site inspection there is enough evidence suggesting your input is correct, then I guess I have another purpose on this site. :icon_thumleft:

I was told that this tree had been modified negatively. My father suspects that it has something to do with a mission bell and a panel should have been inside of it.

Maybe I shouldn't ask this on an open forum, but..........could you father and his father been the last in a line of "Sentinels"?

...and if they were? :laughing9: Just pulling your chain. No chance that I can think of. My father happened upon some information to this site a while back and has confirmed everything that he was told will be there, and much more. I have taken it upon myself with his approval to try to get more specific details if possible from the supplied photos. I will be joining him again to go back and dig further into some things especially the stuff he may have over looked that I have had some ideas on based upon this forum and from people such as yourself.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review this thread as it is important to me in many ways.

Anyway, check out this negative and you can see he's still there.

As always respectfully,

~Seeker~

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smee:
I looked in my book and that hand language is called an Ogam finger alphabet. It was used by Druids and other Celts. As we've found, Celts came to North American centuries before Columbus was a gleam in his daddy's eye. Different Europeans and Middle Eastern countries came here and intermingled with the Native Americans. The Zuni language is largely derived from North African dialects; Coptic, Middle Egyptian, and Nubian of the Nile Valley. WHO'DA THUNK????
I've learned from 2 knowledgeable folks on this forum that the 2 books one needs for studying the Ancients and the Native Americans is America B.C.,by Barry Fell and The Rocks Begin to Speak, by LaVan Martineau. I've given you a couple of examples of info from that first book and while I've only spot read the second book, I've learned from it that those large pictographs are normally many stories and are not read left to right; right to left; top to bottom; or bottom to top. The stories are read in groups. A story group may not have anything to do with the group next to it, other than the fact that they may have been "written" by the same person...........or NOT. I've a whole lot MORE to read and learn. I've just started.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeker:
I can fully understand and appreciate your points of following your original info and it's leads. I am not trying to get you sidetracked at all. Just keep this idea in the back of your mind. There might be more than one trail involved at your site. There MIGHT be a later situation that has used SOME of the original trail markers as modified markers for their own "directions" and symbols. As a example: what if a KGC (or similarly large and involve situation) was placed in the same general areas and the person or persons coding the trail came onto this slashed tree. Thinking it to be an Indian or early American explorer such as Kit Carson blazing a tree to mark their "road", they simply MODIFIED the blaze with their own info WITHOUT destroying the original trail blaze. This is just a "what if" to keep in mind should you discover more signs and symbols that are obviously NOT supportive of your original trail.

I wish you well on your project and keep in mind, too, that I might be just as easy to explore 2 goodie trails as it would be to follow 1. After all, if that area is waaaaaaaay out there; record ALL info you find so as not to HAVE to go back for something you basically ignored your previous trips. You just might have a pleasant surprise containing more than ONE end goal; could be several. :thumbsup: Record EVERYTHING you find and cull info at your leisure while kicked back at home in an easy chair. Take Millions of photos. You'll definitely see things at home, while looking at pix, that you missed seeing on site.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeker:
I can't see a horse, but I did find this elephant or pig. At first, I thought elephant for sure, but the more I look at it, the more it looks like a pig. :dontknow:

Med Tree near cave Corrected.jpg

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Smee.did you find the start of a trail there also by the triangle? I have a few doubts that a triangle like that...is from indigenous tribes of the past few hundred years.

Best Regards
DM

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Seeker,

All I can see in this picture is another cross.
Just plain and simple, very much like the others you have posted before.

Attachments

• DSC00059.JPG
    DSC00059.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 1,319
OP
OP
seekeroforo

seekeroforo

Jan 21, 2010
Over the rainbow
Detector(s) used
Shortstack said:
Seeker:
I can't see a horse, but I did find this elephant or pig. At first, I thought elephant for sure, but the more I look at it, the more it looks like a pig. :dontknow:

sign_by_medicine_tree.jpg

In the 'zoomed' version that I added the green circle to it has the appearance of a horse's face. Looking at the original, not so much.

Here is what I saw. Still a green horn here but it doesn't hurt to try right?

Once I figure out what all of the signs mean and their variations I will be able to make a more accurate discernment for actuality, fact, or imagination. Nice pig btw.

OP
OP
seekeroforo

seekeroforo

Jan 21, 2010
Over the rainbow
Detector(s) used
Old Dog said:
Seeker,

All I can see in this picture is another cross.
Just plain and simple, very much like the others you have posted before.

It would help for some higher res photos too I bet.

Thanks for your time OD! :notworthy:

OP
OP
seekeroforo

seekeroforo

Jan 21, 2010
Over the rainbow
Detector(s) used
Does anyone think that consideration for rock slides and avalanches are taken into consideration for cache placement?

It would certainly make sense to me.

S

Smee

desertmoons said:
Smee.did you find the start of a trail there also by the triangle? I have a few doubts that a triangle like that...is from indigenous tribes of the past few hundred years.

Best Regards
DM

I have never been there, it is on National Park land in Colorado. The pic was about the trees the Ute left behind, but Shortstack saw various signs. So, I enlarged and cropped the pic.

I would appreciate a link to the post Shortstack mentioned. I was unable to find that topic (I understood his post to mean it was a topic) with photos of the monuments.

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Hey seeker..

I do not know tree signs so just speculation

The pink circle..is that bark or a concretion? It seems rather out of place compared to the other bark.

The arrowed items..are they loose or is that stick or stone attached to the tree?

Smee.check your im.

Attachments

• DSC00059treemakr.jpg
    DSC00059treemakr.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 1,281

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smee:
I'm going back to your first pic of the Med tree area. Someone emailed me asking why I didn't mark two compass / direction marks in that photo. So I'm circling those 2 heading markers; one on the huge triangle rock and the other is the large cracked stone over to the left of the tree. There seems to be a slight difference in their directions. Could their be 2 different trails to................goodies?

Med Tree near cave Corrected.jpg

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
This is actually my fathers account. He passed away and i come on here and visit with his friends and read his posts .Any way what i wanted to say is this was my fathers Area..He was known for "seeing things other couldnt" as he would put it.lol
Your PICS ARE AWESOME and i dont know if i can help but i still have alot of his notes and writings.I see so much in your photos already.. why dont you look at aome of his posts and see if you feel he was knowledgable as to what it is your needing... I BELIEVE I MIGHT HAVE SOME NOTES THAT WOULD BE HELPFUL..im not on her very often . so best way to find me online is facebook..
or email me and put my fathers name "John Stanwix "in the subject line so i wont miss it.. [email protected]
amanda stanwix

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Amanda,
It is always good to see you are still around.
Anytime you need me I'm here.
I miss your Dad too. But knowing his thoughts are still on here always warms my heart.
Just as knowing you are out there warms my heart.
I'm so sorry it hurts so much,
My email is in my profile, use it if you are inclined.

As always, your friend.
Thom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread