gorgias

gorgias

Mar 7, 2006
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe this isn't anything, but it's in the middle of a monument yard that stretches across the highway. I'm not the best photographer. You don't see the angles, and the sun was going down fast.

Sorry if it bothered you, Springfield.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Tom,
I believe this is the face you speak of.
Is it looking into the yard??

You really need to get away from highways.
See what you can find offroad a ways.

Attachments

• highwayface.jpg
    highwayface.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 375
OP
OP
gorgias

gorgias

Mar 7, 2006
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Other
Thom,

I was traveling to the big city. I always saw the monument yard off the highway and brought the camera just for that. The yard is right behind and below. If you look closely, above the beard, I think you can see a piece of it. There is a beautiful carving of a man on horseback I was actually trying to get, but I ran out of light. I need to go out at 5 AM instead of 5 PM.

I've been finding some far out things lately, and I'll have to share them with you. (I swear I've seen magic.) I'm getting good at reading faces and finding cubbyholes, but I haven't detected or dug at any yet. I have a problem going off the highways many times. Almost everything around here is wired off. That's one of the reasons I can't get a good shot of the man on horseback. Should I just jump the fences or what?

Tom

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Tom,
Clay gives good advice.
I know that around where you are there are large chunks of BLM as well as large chunks of reservation land.

PLEASE . Figure out what the difference is
treaspassing on a reservation is Bad juju.
Be also aware as of late a lot of BLM has been designated as wilderness.
Doesn't mean you can't go on it, ... just means you can't drive on it.
Just walk right on i there.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Go to the county courthouse assessor's office or get some forest service/blm maps to check the land status of the dirt you're interested in (you should be aware who owns it). As Dog said, stay off the off-limits res land unless you have permission - keep in mind that a great deal of res land is open to the public. Other than 'private' Indian land, you can go anywhere you want as long as the fence and/or gate isn't posted. If it is posted, be careful and don't leave footprints (you'll be walking). If you do get caught, admit to your ignorance and ask for forgiveness. Tell 'em you're looking for your dog. As Clay mentioned, you're better off avoiding all terrain too close to the Mexican border, including, sadly, gummint land.

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
some trails , have been paved over with roads. like rt 2 here in massachusetts , it's not always directly under it , but sometimes very close by. rt 2 also called the mohawk trail. it has been used for a long time. so i stick close to the road and rivers. both used quite extensively.

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Hey gorgius

These things are so nebulous. I guess I would check out a few things. If there was nothing on top...my eyes would be drawn to the marked areas. If they looked good or seemed artificial then I would pay attention to the various other lines and figures.

Attachments

• highwayface.jpg
    highwayface.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 281

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions