Come Join Me on my Hiking Journey: UPDATED 2.21 w New Pics

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Re: Come Join Me on my Hiking Journey: Will be TONS of pictures for pondering

Hi cheatham.

What a wonderful experience and intriguing findings you have. A lot of layers of history there I speculate...and just how far back does it go? Perhaps farther than one might think.

You might check out neara web site.

Post anything you like. No research needed. This is not a test. Anything that catches your fancy or.."hmmm could it possibly be??". Serendipity plays a role as well as research in this hobby. And all treasures are not of monetary value as I sense you well know.

Just getting out there is a treasure.

I for one enjoy looking at all pictures. It helps all of us learn. Posting research i do not recommend. Let others have the fun (cough) of discovery themselves.

As a side note, someone pulling out the "enjoy the fresh air and fantasies comment" is a very good sign that you are rambling an area of interest, if your interests draw you to that sort of thing.. Based on my own experience only.

ps when you find those giant skulls...let me know!

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007

Hey DM Lady!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: td

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007

Cheatham! Besides the faces you see,, here are a few more!! td

Attachments

• CIVWARROCK21.JPG
    CIVWARROCK21.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 471
OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009

Went back to the Beech Tree site.....

Found all these in the area... I know some of you are starting to get into 'drill holes'...

Are they related?

Attachments

• 00rock5.jpg
    00rock5.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 445
  • 00rockhole.jpg
    00rockhole.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 435
OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009

some more

Attachments

• 00rockhole5.jpg
    00rockhole5.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 442
  • 00rockhole4.jpg
    00rockhole4.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 448
  • 00rockhole3.jpg
    00rockhole3.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 444
  • 00rockhole2.jpg
    00rockhole2.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 442
  • 00rockhole6.jpg
    00rockhole6.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 442
OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009

Also snapped some new photos of the Beech Trees....

What do you make of these 3 symbols?? :dontknow:

The bottom looks like a spear or arrow..the middle looks like a smaller knife or arrow..not sure about the top symbol..

Attachments

• 00beech2.jpg
    00beech2.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 441
OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009
Re: Come Join Me on my Hiking Journey: UPDATED 2.17 w New Pics

just another fun face from my imagination

rockman2draw1.JPG

rockman2draw.JPG

OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009

WHAT IN THE....?

Is it a lamb head......or Yoda? :dontknow: :laughing7:

SHEEP.JPG

sheep2.JPG

OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009

This one faces the river and 'creeps' us out everytime we walk by him...we have named him "The River Watcher"
riverwatcher.JPG

Clay Lindsey

Jan 8, 2010
Sierra Vista, AZ

I know I had mentioned to you earlier it was my future intent to correspond "more quitely" with those seeking information. After some thought I have decided that it would serve as an injustice to those individuals who have taken the time to expand my knowledge and understanding if I laid back in the shadows. So, if those drill holes are located along the "common" pathway, as you had previously indicated in PM, then I would check to see if there was a quarry nearby. I'm not the drill hole expert, but what I do know is if they line the path every few yards or so, more than likely they fall under the category of landscaping.

Clay

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007

I wonder!! Would post #27 pic be possibly telling, to look for a tree in the area with a branch pointing down to a fracture in the earth, resembling the crack in the log, and to look for the surrounding area to be identical to the knots on the log, if it is,,,,, then look for some kind of directional on the log itself! The WEE WEE! HA!! is pointing down to a vaginal looking oval area,, the vagina is where new life comes from! NEW LIFE= WEALTH! Don't mean to rile anyone up, or offend, but this is how they thought! td

OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009

tesoro dog said:
I wonder!! Would post #27 pic be possibly telling, to look for a tree in the area with a branch pointing down to a fracture in the earth, resembling the crack in the log, and to look for the surrounding area to be identical to the knots on the log, if it is,,,,, then look for some kind of directional on the log itself! The --deleted-- is pointing down to a vaginal looking oval area,, the vagina is where new life comes from! NEW LIFE= WEALTH! Don't mean to rile anyone up, or offend, but this is how they thought! td

All I know is that wood has been long ago petrified...almost cast-like and I couldn't break it with just hands if I tried...it was odd to say the least

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CheathamHill said:
tesoro dog said:
I wonder!! Would post #27 pic be possibly telling, to look for a tree in the area with a branch pointing down to a fracture in the earth, resembling the crack in the log, and to look for the surrounding area to be identical to the knots on the log, if it is,,,,, then look for some kind of directional on the log itself! The --deleted-- is pointing down to a vaginal looking oval area,, the vagina is where new life comes from! NEW LIFE= WEALTH! Don't mean to rile anyone up, or offend, but this is how they thought! td

All I know is that wood has been long ago petrified...almost cast-like and I couldn't break it with just hands if I tried...it was odd to say the least
Where the oblong hole is...move the limb and check for metal or any other sign that may have been placed there.... But take bearings and more pics first...I found something similar to yours at my site...but it was an owl...it had long since rotted away from the main tree....Steve

OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009

stevesno said:
CheathamHill said:
tesoro dog said:

Where the oblong hole is...move the limb and check for metal or any other sign that may have been placed there.... But take bearings and more pics first...I found something similar to yours at my site...but it was an owl...it had long since rotted away from the main tree....Steve

Here is the backside of this thing..it's hard to gauge size from the picture but it is pretty large....and out of place....

petrifiedcastwood.JPG

Behind this and about 30 yards back up the hill is a small rock shelter/cave/hole

Attachments

• cave.JPG
    cave.JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 368
OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009

Clay Lindsey said:
Did you look inside the hole or around the outside edges?

Clay

Hey CLay, not yet. I didn't have the 'nerve' to walk the 30 or so yards up the hill to peek in or around it. I just started to measure the angles and locations of everything as suggested by you and others. I have found a few interesting metal items in the ground as well that 1)fits the narrative sort of speak and 2) shocked the h*ll out of me as it gives (albeit very loose) credibility to some ideas floated around here

I don't want to touch anything or climb/look/touch/enter anything until I'm "ready" ..whatever that means

Also there are a lot of umbrella-esque rocks and shelters in the area from thousands of years of native's travel

I sure do love history :headbang:

Clay Lindsey

Jan 8, 2010
Sierra Vista, AZ

Right on. Back when I was rock hounding a lot (and younger), and old partner of mine used to "tap" the edge of old mines with his 22 rifle. Checking to make sure the area was void of people/traffic of course. That would usually scare off any bear, mountain lion, etc. seeking refuge in the mine. Nowadays, I carry a slingshot for that purpose. Just zing a couple of rocks into the mouth of the opening and whatever is inside usually leaves. The flatter ones make the most noise. And it won't make pock marks on the vital outside areas of the opening and you can still stay at a pretty safe distance away. Once you've scared the pants off of a few illegals, you tend to change your methods a little bit. Wartime, one thing. Back in the States, they call it a felony. A huge lesson learned.

Clay

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007

Cheatham!! They used a petrified log for a reason! I do believe!! It should be there for a long, long, time! td

OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009

Several Trees that look exactly like these at various points on the property

POINTREE1.JPG

POINTREE2.JPG

Was Told by various people that this was man made..but I'm not sure because of the number of similar holes in trees all over the area (one in my front yard is almost exactly the same albeit smaller since the tree is only 15-20 years old

TREETAR1.JPG
TREETAR2.JPG

OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009

I 'lol'd' at this one....

HAPPYTREE.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread