Found a Scorpion

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking at that scorpion again, the back isn't right... it looks almost as if there is an Egyptian scarab on the back of the scorpion, which may indicate that those markings are (possibly?) hieroglyphics on the scarab? I don't know, that's just what came to me just now while examining the photos again, while showing the photos to my girlfriend.

Bran <><

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009
there's more to it for sure..look at the diamond shaped depression in front of its head...also looks like its on a larger/rounded base underneath it..

OP
OP
J

JoeD9106

Apr 26, 2009
Thanks for the input and warm welcome fellas :)

The "face" on its back is one of the first things we noticed about it. The specific area in which this was found was home to many civilizations but most predominantly Roman and Byzantine. Our first guess as to what its made of, is lead. I will be going back in the next day or two with a brush and some water to clean it up and will take some high-res pics. Wish me luck...

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic! Can't wait to see more photos... :thumbsup:
Are you 100% sure it's made of metal? Is there anyway it could be petrified?

Bran <><

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe:
Welcome to the forum!
Take a soft bristle brush and sweep away as much of the dirt you can move. (like the archies do) and look closely around the body of the object for other markings.
You didn't say if it is attached to the rock in someway. If it is, take a LOT of compass readings from it; each claw, the base of the tail, the end of the tail, across the eyes, etc. Make a drawing of the object and strike lines on all reverences with compass headings shown. Use straight readings off of you compass so you can make the deviation corrections later.
Take ONE of your photos (the one with the tape measure in it would be good) and find an antiquities professor at a local college and ask his / her opinion on what it is and what it represents. If I'm not mistaken, there are some seriously TOUGH antiquities laws in Israel and if this is a really important find, in that area of interest, you'll want to know everything possible about what your legal position is. If you show that photo to a professor and tell him "a tourist" showed you the pix and you were curious as to it's meaning, maybe you can find out what you need to know, without putting yourself in an awkward situation.

If Romans were in the area, it MIGHT be connected to a cache since those folks were known to hide stuff for security. Look at all of the Roman caches found in England. Those Romans stole everything they could get their hands on when they "conquered" the Holy Lands.

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
wow.

Fantastic! Serendipity strikes again.

Can not add much except the nose on that face maybe also be a minerva or show a version of the tree of life or perhaps some citystate symbol. Then again those symbols could be casting artifacts.

The left and right eyes are shaped differently as I am sure you have noticed.

That makes me think that the shape of them or the info in them and around them might be used directionally.

Take a close look at the matrix it is in. Reminds me of crumbly adobe. So..if cache related..maybe you are right there!

Is it rock or a man made conglomerate would be a question to answer to add to the data.

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
Cheatham said, " look at the diamond shaped depression in front of it's head " !! Could Diamonds be the treasure we seek here ?? td

Clay Lindsey

Jan 8, 2010
Sierra Vista, AZ
hadji009,

Good call on that little indentation in front of the head. I was in such awe of tree, I missed the forest. It does seem to be too uniform and too centered on the head to go unchecked.

Clay

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009
Clay Lindsey said:
hadji009,

Good call on that little indentation in front of the head. I was in such awe of tree, I missed the forest. It does seem to be too uniform and too centered on the head to go unchecked.

Clay

I spotted the shape first..give ME the internet glory Clay..haha :tongue3:

Clay Lindsey

Jan 8, 2010
Sierra Vista, AZ
CheathamHill is the most awesomeness of awesomeness! I am not worthy to be in the presence of such awesomeness. :headbang:

That's the best I could come up with at five-something in the morning. I see you're quite the early-bird too.

Clay

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009
Clay Lindsey said:
CheathamHill is the most awesomeness of awesomeness! I am not worthy to be in the presence of such awesomeness. :headbang:

That's the best I could come up with at five-something in the morning. I see you're quite the early-bird too.

Clay

up at 3 work at 4

Gotta love working in television :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:

ilyes1113

Sep 3, 2008
constantina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
cscope x3.fisher f5.garrett2500+eagle aye.ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ask for chamoun شمعون
a treasure cach but a mortal danger
1.the treasur is neer
2.metalic scorpion means (magical solution)
3.death face -mortal denger
4.nember of mesure (80 cm)
5.direction

Attachments

• 253lkm.JPG
    253lkm.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 759

itsmymind

Nov 25, 2009
SE Ks.
Detector(s) used
MXT
ilyes1113; Can you elaborate on { magical solution} for example: solution to the problem, or a concoction. I jut trying to learn here.

ilyes1113

Sep 3, 2008
constantina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
cscope x3.fisher f5.garrett2500+eagle aye.ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ther is some magical works wich stop & block you to find the treasure (in mind of ancients)
ther is some chemical product which glues the metal to the rock -the treasure is in the same rock .4 metters in the direction
of the back .
im working on roman scorpion symbol 2

Attachments

• 0000001-9.JPG
    0000001-9.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 697
  • Arabic-Scorpio-sign.jpg
    Arabic-Scorpio-sign.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 765
  • image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 731