Nothin BUT, Drill Holes...

jayheazy

Oct 13, 2007
Thanks, I appreciate the help. Take a look at my triangle rock thread, I can use all the help I can get.

Jay.

tertiaryjim

Aug 5, 2008
Great research work Clay . I've seen some Spanish drill holes but have yet to get measurements and have been locked out by the weather. Am enjoying your posts. Jim

OP
OP
Clay Lindsey

Clay Lindsey

Jan 8, 2010
Sierra Vista, AZ
Thanks Jim. That means a lot. My girlfriend and I have logged about 60 miles on the ground in the same area of this canyon since the beginning of February. I've figured that luck favors the prepared. So, far it has worked out.

Clay

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Clay,
Just a question,
On this picture ... have you looked ar the array of chisel scribes between these two holes.
I was noticing how well they show up on another photo

Attachments

• new four - Copy.JPG
    new four - Copy.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,997
  • star_flower.JPG
    star_flower.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 2,007
OP
OP
Clay Lindsey

Clay Lindsey

Jan 8, 2010
Sierra Vista, AZ
I had noticed, but wasn't sure if it was one of those things where I had been looking at it so long and my mind was going "wacky" or what. I'm headed back on Saturday with a detailed list of things to look for. I'll be sure to check/recheck all of these possibilities... Thanks for your input bud.

Clay

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, Clay, you asked for it. :laughing7:

new_four_-_Copy Merged.jpg

Clay, this second photo shows a few thousand things that could form shadow figures. You may want to take photos every hour on the hour from 10 AM to maybe 5 PM. :dontknow: That "L" shaped rock I tagged in the first pix must be on that ledge just below where your GF is standing. I didn't tag this second photo because the figures are self explanatory. I could be wrong, but........

where_four_sit.JPG

OP
OP
Clay Lindsey

Clay Lindsey

Jan 8, 2010
Sierra Vista, AZ
Shortstack,

I always will welcome your input. The "L" shaped rock is a weed that I cleared out from above. I'll be back this weekend to re-check all of these little areas. Thanks bud...

Clay

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clay,
I just spotted another crescent and circled and tagged it. Don't know how I missed it yesterday. It's been warm enought lately, be very careful of SNAKES. That place probably has some dens around / in it.

where_four_sit Merged.jpg

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have wondered if the holes (especially those in a triangle) are used to place sticks or small poles to fashion a tripod of sorts to sight objects in a distance. Think of a surveyor’s tripod used to hold his instrument or level. Did the early explores have something they used in that manner? May be it was on a smaller/larger scale? The care taken to make the holes indicates they were used often…if it was a casual use the depth and diameter would be a lot smaller. One thing I would do is use an inside micrometer to measure the ID of the holes…if they are bigger at the top than at the bottom they are not manmade and are one of several natural phenomena. (In drilling or chiseling a hole it would be very hard to make an undercut) Sorry for the crude example but only I have Paint on this computer.

Attachments

• hole.jpg
    hole.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 1,887
OP
OP
Clay Lindsey

Clay Lindsey

Jan 8, 2010
Sierra Vista, AZ
Curtis,

I have considered the tripod idea, but there are other things on this site leading me to go with another idea of what there were for. The drill holes are man-made. There are tool marks on the bottoms and sides of each hole. I may not be able to provide undisputable proof as to what these holes are communicating, however, I do know that extreme care was used in their creation. For example, the flower/star shaped hole was created by tapping into the rock initially with a 2" bit, then five individual holes were created in a pattern to form what we are seeing today. Reflecting on what it would take for someone like me to recreate this same type of hole, well, it would take a while. Even in taking my time, it would pale in comparison to the quality of this one.

Clay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread