Out of place triangle shaped rock

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a markup of what I see. Whatcha think?

DSC_0023 Merged.jpg

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jayhazy:
Why wouldn't you think that large bear carving, staring at some point, is not related to what you're doing? :icon_scratch:

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
if you look close at that picture you will see a bear before you invert colors-- then a second bear after you invert. sorry dusty, i did'nt see him when you saw it. just me being a young squirt at this. two bears= double trouble?? two traps?

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Nubie's question. Why does this bear / cat have 2 ears on the same side of it's head?

DSC_0150.JPG

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
is this the second bear you see, looks like a live bear
jayheazy, your brave, that would have increased my
heart rate 3x normal

Attachments

• live bear.JPG
    live bear.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 2,131

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you look at the profile and use just the upper ear, you have a bear; if you look at it with just the lower ear, it looks like an Indian profile. :icon_scratch:

It's getting late, I must be "seeing" things. :laughing7:

hadji009

Dec 29, 2008
illinois
cw0909 good pick of second bear,i bet when the ice melts there is two more bears there,looks like a bear den.

Attachments

• three little bears.JPG
    three little bears.JPG
    178.5 KB · Views: 2,082

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
I guess I would take a real close look at the marked areas. Some just seem confirmation/warning..others..possible carvings.

Looks quite dangerous under there and if it were me I would stongly consider it might be a false lead.

Might be a grave...for the unwary...

Ummm.. the horse head says go the way the turtle head is pointing. On the other hand you have something up on top in back there that may say something different!

Attachments

• jayheaySC_0150mk.jpg
    jayheaySC_0150mk.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 2,068

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
i am very interested in the Indian chief carving, i too found five Indians at my site. compass bearing of the direction he is looking. does his nose form the number 4. matty

Attachments

• indians.jpg
    indians.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 2,308
  • indians.jpg
    indians.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 2,309

hadji009

Dec 29, 2008
illinois
there might be a owl in here too. maybe your wedge will fit in under the head and hold it up?

Attachments

• three little bears,burrowing owl.JPG
    three little bears,burrowing owl.JPG
    178.6 KB · Views: 1,967
  • three little bears,burrowing owl.JPG
    three little bears,burrowing owl.JPG
    178.6 KB · Views: 1,996

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
way up on top, there is a lion head and another head that may be lion or bear.

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
do you not see the indian profile that has obviously been carved? the chief he posted is clearly man made, not a cloud image like the others that have been pointed out.

OP
OP
J

jayheazy

Oct 13, 2007
Hello all, To answer a few questions.

Hoss,
The sides of the triangle are all about 3 ft, it is solid granite (i think) and around 3-400 lbs. I tried to flip it and it didnt budge. I too want to see the bottom.

10claw,
I agree with the ridgeline idea, and the fact that the chipping is so fresh, and the missing pieces are not there makes me think it may have been intentionally removed. Also the stone is not sunk into the ground at all, it may have been recently moved, maybe thats where the chipping happened.

Shortstack,
Great markup on the stone. And The reason I dont think the large rock outcrop is related is only due to its location, about 15 miles away, and nothing has led me to it. I simply found it while fishing a few years ago and wanted to get a pic. Next time I will get across the river and get up close pics.

Kiddrock,
My cheifs noses do not make a 4, they look more like a beak. They both have a big smile, and squinted eyes. Cheif #1 is looking 40 degrees, N,E. cheif #2 is looking the exact opposite. Did you find any bows and arrows?

Here is alpha carving I found that started all this. I would love to know what you guys see, and what you think these mean.

Attachments

• DSC03943.JPG
    DSC03943.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 1,992

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, I'll give it a try.
I'm thinking this might be a story rock and not a treasure lead. That name in the upper right is written in script with a swirl underline. The indian head is too detailed to be an old marker. Perhaps the person signed his / her work in the script signature just above the profile. There's a cooking pot hanging on a frame over a fire with smoke billowing off to the right. The horse head has crossed sabres or rifles under it. The teepee has a detailed flap that looks similar to a cursive "A". There's an "A" shape or arrowhead or trail fork drawn on the left side. At the top is a place that looks like a hole that was filled in with some mixture of mastic or glue material.
I use a negative view, per Old Dog. :thumbsup:

DSC03943 neg Merged.jpg

RockHopper2

Nov 22, 2009
Fletcher, OK
In the pic of the indian cheif there is a date of 1915, can anyone tell me why the 5 is cocked the way it is. I have seen this a few times and don't know what it means, if anything. Thanks RockHopper2.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Jay and Rockhopper2,

The fact that the 5 is cocked and there is a dot after it leads me to believe it isn't a date.
It may be a reference to the book of Genisis. ie Book, chapter and verse.

OP
OP
J

jayheazy

Oct 13, 2007
Olddog and Rockhopper2,

I Have a closeup of the 1915, and the 5 is very strange, I will post it tomorrow. I think Olddog is correct that it isnt a date.

RockHopper2

Nov 22, 2009
Fletcher, OK
Old Dog, I saw the cocked 5 near other symbols on a map that I have. In the Bible it says that God willnot destroy by flood again. Jay's 5 has a dot , so maybe it means low area with water. Don't know just grabbing straws. RockHopper2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread