Out of place triangle shaped rock

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks Thom,
yea we calls them like we sees them huh? lol...easy to get confused really, especially
for the guys just starting out and trying to absorb all the data..two things that get
my dander up..advising to move rocks, never never never, not only will you lose the orientation
of the marker, but it tells others-that monument rocks can be moved and consiquently ruin a
monument for ever for everyone! Criminal in my eyes!/any one who advises that is an accomplice.

the other is marking geoglyps as though there were real signs..I have noticed people learn in 3
different ways..visual and audio and the written word - if they see marked geoglyps and happen
to be one of those who learn easier by visual input then the confusion will be imparted to that
person..AND there is NO reason to mark the things that ARE NOT signs..no reason at all..
end of mini rant lol
orohungry
rangler

treasureman1414

Dec 14, 2010
black hills
Detector(s) used
whites coin shooter and my fav the quick draw 2 bounty hunter

Attachments

• 101010 044.JPG
    101010 044.JPG
    171.3 KB · Views: 322

grillz

Aug 2, 2009
Re: Tepee Rock

JH;
I refer to the Topic #34 photo. The shape of the cooking frame seems a bit familiar. It looks like a sign I saw that had a dot or circle in place of the cook pot, and it meant 'mine or tunnel below'. The right horn on the bulls head is pointing at the Indians nose, and the smoke from the cook fire is blowing at it too. But note the left horn points at the cooking pot/frame. This might be a bit of a stretch, but the pot bears a slight resemblance to a covered pozo sign. Is that an eight on the horn?

The tepee is quite interesting. At the bottom of of the door on the flap side, the bottom dot is heavier than all the others, across from it on the left there are two dots or marks, one above the other, that are just as heavy.

If the marks are line connected they form a long slender triangle or arrow pointing to the left, same as the door flap. The nearest I can come to the triangle or arrow as a sign is that it means 'less then'. The tepee with the triangular doorway in it could mean 'treasure buried on mountain straight ahead'. These last two sign interpretations are courtesy of Mike "Hawkeye" Picketts book, 'Treasure hunter's field Notebook'. Pages 24 and 34. The pozo sign is from the same book, page 56. Similar signs can be found in a book by Gale R. Rhodes, 'Waybill to Lost Spanish Mines and Treasures'. In fact ,the tepee sign can be found on page 45 and is translated to, "1. the treasure buried beneath a rock one vara distant, or 2. proceed straight ahead; mine or knoll to be found nearby."

The Indians nose bears a stricking resemblence to outcrop in the topic # 17 photo. I think you are onto something really good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions